X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalo Sabres
    • Apr 2007

Bills Still Interested In Briggs

BILLS INTERESTED IN BRIGGS?: Could Dick Jauron and Perry Fewell's history with Lance Briggs help to broker a deal for the disgruntled Chicago linebacker? The Chicago Tribune is reporting that the Bills are one of four teams interested in Briggs who has played the weak side and in the middle in his career. Other teams reportedly include Tampa Bay, Giants, Denver and long rumored Washington. Draft weekend is getting more and more interesting by the day. Obviously acquiring a player like Briggs would dramatically shift Buffalo's draft focus chiefly to RB.
    Link

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Bills Still Interested In Briggs

Unfortunately I think this is another pre-draft smokescreen.

First, Briggs' asking price is too high- not necessarily what the Bears would require to trade for him, but in terms of the contract he would want.

Second, his agent is that POS Drew Rosenhaus, and it came out last week that the Bills' FO does not want to deal with Rosenass because he's such a POS.

That being said, I'd be very happy if the Bills pulled this off- it just doesn't seem likely.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Buffalo Sabres
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37
      Second, his agent is that POS Drew Rosenhaus, and it came out last week that the Bills' FO does not want to deal with Rosenass because he's such a POS.
      says who?
      Last edited by Devin; 04-24-2007, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

I think this is a definite smoke screen as well. However, I would not be disappointed if the Bills traded their 1st rounder for this guy. It's obviously a needed position on the roster, and why gamble on a guy like say Patrick Willis at 12th overall, when you can have a proven Lance Briggs for the same price?

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Buffalo Sabres
          says who? why do you make up **** to back up your own argument?
          there were several articles posted here last week that addressed it. Do your homework before attacking me.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Hmmm, IF Willis and Peterson aren't there at #12, something tells me that Marv is going to do some major wheeling and dealing on Saturday.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

there were several articles posted here last week that addressed it. .

this article about Briggs is a smokescreen but that reported article about the FO not liking Rosenhass isn't? Who decides which article is legit?
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                this article about Briggs is a smokescreen but that reported article about the FO not liking Rosenhass isn't? Who decides which article is legit?
                It's my opinion that the Briggs article is a smokescreen because the evidence suggests that a trade for Briggs would be difficult to work out (in case you forgot, we already tried once this off-season). It's a fact that Marv likes high-character players, and it's a fact that Rosenhaus is a complete douche, so it's logical that Marv wouldn't want to deal with that snake- while not a proven fact, it does make sense.

Feel free to disagree.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

The sad part is that I've listened to a bunch of shows and the consensus is that Patrick Willis will be better than Briggs.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    The sad part is that I've listened to a bunch of shows and the consensus is that Patrick Willis is better than Briggs.
                    And how many downs of NFL football has Patrick Willis played?

Draft picks are always a gamble- Briggs has proven he can play in the NFL. There is risk associated with every player, but at this point Briggs is significantly less risky. And regardless of what happens down the road, on opening day of 2007, Lance Briggs will be better than Patrick Willis.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

It's my opinion that the Briggs article is a smokescreen because the evidence suggests that a trade for Briggs would be difficult to work out (in case you forgot, we already tried once this off-season). It's a fact that Marv likes high-character players, and it's a fact that Rosenhaus is a complete douche, so it's logical that Marv wouldn't want to deal with that snake- while not a proven fact, it does make sense.

Feel free to disagree.

So it's your OPINION. OK. At least we got that straight.

Yes, we tried it last offseason but it wasn't about character of the agent but what it would cost to take Briggs.

Marv Likes high character players, I agree. Rosenass is not a player. You can't tell me that Drew doesn't have players that MArv would take in a hearbeat if the asking price was reasonable for the BILLS.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

And how many downs of NFL football has Patrick Willis played?

Draft picks are always a gamble- Briggs has proven he can play in the NFL. There is risk associated with every player, but at this point Briggs is significantly less risky. And regardless of what happens down the road, on opening day of 2007, Lance Briggs will be better than Patrick Willis.

Just like Willis McGahee will be better than any 2nd or 3rd rd. draft pick you said would be an upgrade over him?

BTW, I will not count out Briggs being part of our moves on draft day.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          So it's your OPINION. OK. At least we got that straight.

Yes, we tried it last offseason but it wasn't about character of the agent but what it would cost to take Briggs.

Marv Likes high character players, I agree. Rosenass is not a player. You can't tell me that Drew doesn't have players that MArv would take in a hearbeat if the asking price was reasonable.
                          Well I think it goes like this: if you have two players who are of approximately equal ability and one has Rosenass and the other doesn't, Marv is going for the non- Rosenass guy every time. When it comes to the draft, I would hope that it's not a major factor but I would guess that it's a consideration- if they draft one of his players, that's 5 years of dealing with him (assuming the player doesn't get cut, and given his price tag, players likely of getting cut can't really afford him).

As far as Briggs- I agree that the price is too high, which is one of the reasons I think this is a smoke screen. I think a first round draft pick straight up would be good for both the Bills and Chicago, but the sticking point will be Briggs' contract demands.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

With the way things have gone this year, and when Marv was HC back in the day, he is not afraid of trading, so i would not be suprised or mad if something with Briggs went down, we will see...
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Well I think it goes like this: if you have two players who are of approximately equal ability and one has Rosenass and the other doesn't, Marv is going for the non- Rosenass guy every time. .
                              In this case it won't matter. Briggs played for Jauron. Jauron nor Marv would care if Rosenass is his agent. It's all about making the team better. It's his asking price that's makes it look like we won't land Briggs.

Marv would've drafted Whitner whether or not Rosenass was his agent.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X