View Full Version : Final mock from NFLdraftcountdown.com

mysticsoto
04-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Their final mock is out. Scott Wright has us taking:

1. Patrick Willis (LB)
2. Antonio Pittman (RB)
3a. Fred Bennett (CB)
3b. Jacoby Jones (WR)

It took him awhile, but now he seems to understand Buffalo's needs...

streetkings01
04-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Didn't he have us taking Jamarcus Russel in one of his mocks?

bigbub2352
04-24-2007, 09:14 AM
Now that would be a solid draft, i think Jacoby Jones will be next marques Colesten this year

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-24-2007, 09:20 AM
I am very intrigued by Jacoby Jones and I like Jonathan Wade more than Bennet.

mysticsoto
04-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Didn't he have us taking Jamarcus Russel in one of his mocks?

You must be thinking of someone else. He had us taking Levi Brown (OT) & Leon Hall (CB) early until I started writing him. Then he switched to Lynch (RB) and now to Willis (ILB).

I think Scott Wright is a pretty cool person. He listens if you present him logical reasons why someone should or shouldn't be considered for a particular team. And the site is definitely informational on many, many candidates - especially on possible sleepers in the 2nd day...

Jan Reimers
04-24-2007, 11:18 AM
There will be better CBs than Bennett available early in the 3rd round.

Devin
04-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Probably so, however Bennett is basically built to be a Tampa 2 CB. So I wouldnt mind that.

Thats a solid mock.

acehole
04-24-2007, 12:39 PM
I am very intrigued by Jacoby Jones and I like Jonathan Wade more than Bennet.

Jones looks like a thug.....any chararter issues?

Saratoga Slim
04-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Jones looks like a thug.....any chararter issues?

I haven't heard of any. Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan have him on their Sirius radio show every week, and they LOVE him. He's a character. pretty entertaining. from everything they've said and that I've heard him say, he sounds like a scrappy, hardworking guy without any baggage.

if we don't take a receiver in the 2nd, I'd be fine with him in the 3rd, especially the second 3d.

Sportsuser101
04-24-2007, 01:53 PM
With the way he sees the draft falling I would like to see this

1 (12) LB Patrick Willis - Ole Miss

2 (43) CB Marcus McCauley - Fresno State

Trade up from 74 to 70 with Denver for 6th round pick

3 (74) RB Michael Bush - Louisville

3 (92) LB Quincy Black - New Mexico

I'm not a huge fan of Willis especially at drafting him at #12 but I guess it is a need and he's probably best suited over Beason who I like better.

In the 2nd I don't have us taking a running back because I'm not a huge Pittman fan, infact I like Booker and Bush better so I went with the best player. McCauley, in my opinion, is neck and neck with Revis as the 2nd best cornerback. I would take McCauley in the 2nd round and not even think about it.

In the 3rd I would defintely think about a trade up to the beginning of the 3rd if Booker is still there but lets just say we stay back and grab Bush. Bush is coming off a few injuries and there are legit concerns about his durability but a talent like Bush is too good to pass up in the 3rd.

With the 2nd pick in the 3rd I'd have to go back to linebacker by grabbing Quincy Black from New Mexico. This year I looked at linebackers more then I ever have and everytime I saw Black, he stood out. Big upside for Black.

Neggie Nancy
04-24-2007, 01:57 PM
what I like about Black is he is a converted safety who will be good at covering ends and backs on pass coverage.

He could be a good pick for the long term, he just wouldnt do much to help us this year.

I am not on the Bush bandwagon, I'd rather draft Jackie Battle in round 4 under those circumstances, maybe even round three. Nobody buys it (yet) but I think he's the third best back in the entire draft after AP and Lynch; I even like him better than Leonard.

BILLSROCK1212
04-24-2007, 03:02 PM
You must be thinking of someone else. He had us taking Levi Brown (OT) & Leon Hall (CB) early until I started writing him. Then he switched to Lynch (RB) and now to Willis (ILB).

I think Scott Wright is a pretty cool person. He listens if you present him logical reasons why someone should or shouldn't be considered for a particular team. And the site is definitely informational on many, many candidates - especially on possible sleepers in the 2nd day...no actually awhile back he did have us taking Russell

i'd like to point out that Scott has had at least one of our picks right in 4 of the last 5 years and 5 out of the last 7

X-Era
04-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Their final mock is out. Scott Wright has us taking:

1. Patrick Willis (LB)
2. Antonio Pittman (RB)
3a. Fred Bennett (CB)
3b. Jacoby Jones (WR)

It took him awhile, but now he seems to understand Buffalo's needs...

1) Nice
2) reach
3) reach
4) overrated reach

Maybe hes a Fins fan

mysticsoto
04-24-2007, 03:19 PM
With the way he sees the draft falling I would like to see this

1 (12) LB Patrick Willis - Ole Miss

2 (43) CB Marcus McCauley - Fresno State

Trade up from 74 to 70 with Denver for 6th round pick

3 (74) RB Michael Bush - Louisville

3 (92) LB Quincy Black - New Mexico

I'm not a huge fan of Willis especially at drafting him at #12 but I guess it is a need and he's probably best suited over Beason who I like better.

In the 2nd I don't have us taking a running back because I'm not a huge Pittman fan, infact I like Booker and Bush better so I went with the best player. McCauley, in my opinion, is neck and neck with Revis as the 2nd best cornerback. I would take McCauley in the 2nd round and not even think about it.

In the 3rd I would defintely think about a trade up to the beginning of the 3rd if Booker is still there but lets just say we stay back and grab Bush. Bush is coming off a few injuries and there are legit concerns about his durability but a talent like Bush is too good to pass up in the 3rd.

With the 2nd pick in the 3rd I'd have to go back to linebacker by grabbing Quincy Black from New Mexico. This year I looked at linebackers more then I ever have and everytime I saw Black, he stood out. Big upside for Black.

This would be a good draft also. I like McCauley as a cover 2 CB. Michael Bush I'm on the fence on. If the doctors look at him and think he can return to form THIS season in time to play, then I'm all for it. But if not, I'd rather not spend a 3rd or anything on him if he can't contribute this year. Quincy Black is a great pick for depth and I would imagine that we'd pick up a decent raw prospect of a receiver in the 4th rd - which might still be a decent sleeper in this WR top heavy draft.

BILLSROCK1212
04-24-2007, 03:21 PM
the only pick i disagree with is Antonio Pittman because he is not a recieving threat and isnt a great blocker

Devin
04-24-2007, 10:43 PM
1) Nice
2) reach
3) reach
4) overrated reach

Maybe hes a Fins fan

Perhaps he just knows more then us.

ZacGriffi~82
04-24-2007, 10:47 PM
Or maybe JP doesn't know what he's talking about. How the hell is Pittman a reach there? He isn't, plain and simple.