PDA

View Full Version : My Final Three Round Mock (NO Trades)

Neggie Nancy
04-24-2007, 10:26 AM
This is my final Three Round Mock Draft with the NO TRADES rule. I understand picks may not be the ones we necessarily want, but it's how personally I have the draft being forecasted under the assumption of no trades (which of course there will be some trades).

But assuming Buffalo stands pat and doesn't make any moves and just pick where they are currently slotted, this is how I forecast the draft going down for us. Read Here (http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/Patrick_Moran/2007/04/24/Final_Three_Round_Mock_No_Trades)

Neggie Nancy
04-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Player Profiles from NFL.com

12. Buffalo Bills- Marshawn Lynch, RB (California)
The Bills lost a lot during the free agency period without addressing anything than offensive line. Linebacker is a huge need but with Willis gone no player is worth taking this high. Lynch is a guy who can play everydown immediately and also has excellent hands coming out of the backfield. It should take him little time before he becomes an upgrade over Willis McGahee.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/lynch_marshawn
NFL.com says:
Compares To: Joseph Addai of the Indianapolis Colts … Lynch is slippery as an inside runner and, like Addai, is patient and possesses the second gear needed to break away from the pack. He has the acceleration to separate from defenders in the open, excellent arm strength for the option pass and natural hands as a receiver coming out of the backfield.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
43. Buffalo - Steve Smith, WR (USC): Perfect compliment to Peerless Price
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/smith_steve
nfl.com says
Compares To: BOBBY ENGRAM-Seattle … Neither player is known as a speed burner, but if a lethargic defender gives Smith any space to create, he more than likely will come up with the big play. Both play with a blue-collar work ethic, but given more than a few touches, they will move the chains with regularity.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
74. Buffalo- Rufus Alexander, LB (Oklahoma) Could become Cato June Jr.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/alexander_rufus
Compares To: Ian Gold, Denver -- Put Alexander in a Cover-2 defense, where he will play in space and utilize his speed, and you will have a very effective player on the weak side … Some compare him to Derrick Brooks, but while he has that closing speed, he lacks the instincts and feel for the ball that Brooks displays … He could make like Seattle's Michael Boulware and shift to safety at the next level to compensate for a lack of bulk … He is best served playing on the move, as his recovery speed lets him make up for a lack of superb field awareness.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
92. Buffalo- Earl Everett, LB (Florida) Could compete with Ellison for starting spot.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/everett_earl
nfl.com says
Compares To: Alex Lewis, Detroit -- Like Lewis, Everett has very good athletic ability, great foot speed and an explosive closing burst. But also like Lewis, he lacks the size to be an effective inside-the-box type and is best when making plays on the move. Lewis has much more courage taking on offensive linemen; Everett tries to finesse and elude rather than take on blockers. Still, if given the opportunity to roam in a Cover 2 formation, he will be much more productive at the next level.

jamesiscool
04-24-2007, 10:34 AM
43. Buffalo - Steve Smith, WR (USC): Perfect compliment to Peerless Price.

who gives a **** about peerless? its about finding someone to compliment lee.

Mr. Miyagi
04-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Hey Pat how many of these things are you going to do?

Neggie Nancy
04-24-2007, 10:39 AM
James.
LOL that was supposed to read Lee Evans.. Good stuff. Edited.

Miyagi.. Last one had TRADES.. This has no trades.. I gotta have both man. Different with trades

jamesiscool
04-24-2007, 10:57 AM
James.
LOL that was supposed to read Lee Evans.. Good stuff. Edited.

Miyagi.. Last one had TRADES.. This has no trades.. I gotta have both man. Different with trades

LOL dont scare me like that man i almost had a heart attack dood.

OpIv37
04-24-2007, 11:16 AM
man I hope you're wrong about this- I wouldn't mind Lynch in the first but if Alexander is the best LB we can get out of this draft at 74, we're in deep ****.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Hey Pat how many of these things are you going to do?

Enough so when a couple of his picks come true he can tell you he told you so.

Mudflap1
04-24-2007, 11:27 AM
Why do you have to do a mock draft with and without trades? Isn't the whole point of a mock draft to predict exactly what will happen?

For instance, if scenarios played out from both mocks, are you going to say "hey, I predicted both those things!" even though you had two mocks in the past two days and like 25 in the last 30 days?

(don't get me wrong - I like you Pat, but I get tired of mock drafts ad nauseum. And you said I believe that yesterday's would be your last, or did you say that last week?)

Jon

don137
04-24-2007, 12:26 PM
Your mock with no trades says Detroit takes Calvin Johnson but in your notes it talks about how Tampa traded up for him?

alohabillsfan
04-24-2007, 01:03 PM
ROFL!!! How many LB's are competeing for Ellisons job at WSB? Can we get maybe 1 for SLB or MLB? :bandwagon

Neggie Nancy
04-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Your mock with no trades says Detroit takes Calvin Johnson but in your notes it talks about how Tampa traded up for him?
Good look.

Nah, what I did is I used my grid from my other mock (with trades) and just threw it on that template, and removed the trades. But I forgot about the writeup for CJ.

Thanks.

Neggie Nancy
04-24-2007, 01:19 PM
ROFL!!! How many LB's are competeing for Ellisons job at WSB? Can we get maybe 1 for SLB or MLB? :bandwagon

Are you kidding me? This is a cover two defense, where a premium is placed on athleticism over size.

Angelo Crowell started at WLB, and then moved (effectively) to Spikes' SLB when he got hurt. Now the talk is he's moving to the middle.

BTW, Crowell is no heavier than Alexander or Everett.

LB's in this defense is about playing in space and making plays sideline to sideline, not drafting a LB to play the strong side because he's 10 pounds heavier.