PDA

View Full Version : What If I told you Bills got (in any order),All American LB, NFL ready RB and a TE

jack1022
04-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Greg Olsen (http://www.forecaster.ca/jsonline/football/player.cgi?9182), TE, Miami
An All-ACC First-Teamer, Olsen is generally regarded as the top tight end prospect in the draft. While he didn't have a prolific career playing for Miami, Olsen showed enough in his limited time to impress most scouts. Olsen is still a little raw, but he has the frame, athleticism, hands, and instincts to eventually be a starter in the NFL. His tendency to get injured is a bit concerning, but it hasn't been a major problem. He needs to work on his fundamentals and on bulking up, but if he stays focused and finds himself on the right team, Olsen might be a future star.

Michael Turner, RB,

Rufus Alexander (http://www.forecaster.ca/jsonline/football/player.cgi?9350), OLB, Oklahoma
The Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, Alexander was a First-Team All-American as a senior. He led the Sooners in tackles two straight years, a testament to his work ethic and consistency. Alexander brings a rare blend of intensity and athleticism to his position, showing the ability to make plays all over the field. He's a tackling machine who makes good reads and then delivers punishing hits, often leading to fumbles. Alexander isn't the biggest guy at his position, but has the raw talent to be a very good pro defender.

kgun12
04-24-2007, 01:09 PM
As long as we don't WASTE a 1st round pick on a damn TE!

Neggie Nancy
04-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Don't like Olsen with our first pick, unless we traded down well into the bottom half of the first round. He's a HUGE liability blocking, and I might even go so far to say if I had my choice I'd RATHER draft Ben Patrick, regardless of draft position.

I like Turner and Alexander (obviously)

Jan Reimers
04-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Alexander would be OK as our second LB selected.

Saratoga Slim
04-24-2007, 01:34 PM
I like Turner and Alexander. But I wouldn't take Olsen in the 1st round myself. he's fast allright, but I'm scared off by his lack of production in college. He may have everything it takes to be a great TE, but I'm not investing more than a 2nd rounder in a guy that didn't tear it up in college.

camelcowboy
04-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Olsen in my mind is a slow receiver who can't block. Not worth a first round pick. You want a 1st round red zone threat. Draft Bowe.

Ed
04-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Based on that little scouting blurb, I don't see how Olsen is any different or has any more potential then Kevin Everett.

streetkings01
04-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Remember the last TE we drafted out of the U?

gr8slayer
04-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Remember the last TE we drafted out of the U?
THe one with two broken knees? Yes I do, in what way does Olsen compare?

Ed
04-24-2007, 06:31 PM
THe one with two broken knees? Yes I do, in what way does Olsen compare?
Raw, athletecism, injury concerns, better receivers then blockers...

gr8slayer
04-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Raw, athletecism, injury concerns, better receivers then blockers...
TE's don't have to be good blockers, just good at stalemating.