• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Draft Profiles

For those of you who have Comcast digital cable, there is a really cool feature on the NFL Network ONDEMAND. They have 5 minute profiles on the top 50 draft prospects. I just watched about 45 minutes worth of players and I have changed my opinion slightly.

Willis I want him and if he's there, you better have a damn good excuse for not taking him.

Lynch, I liked what I saw, I definitely haven't been giving him enough credit.

Beason, he's London Fletcher with the potential to be more. His skill set doesn't even belong in the same sentance with Willis. He's a giant reach at 12.

Check it out and let me know what you think, I thought it was a really cool feature.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Draft Profiles

I have one concern on Willis and I'm being serious.

His mom walked out on him when he was a child, he and his brother were taken away from their father because of abuse, and his brother tragically drowned in a pool.

This guy is carrying the kind of baggage that says "one day I might snap." I'm all for overcoming obstacles but I even struggled at times with a lot less than what this kid has gone through.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      I have one concern on Willis and I'm being serious.

His mom walked out on him when he was a child, he and his brother were taken away from their father because of abuse, and his brother tragically drowned in a pool.

This guy is carrying the kind of baggage that says "one day I might snap." I'm all for overcoming obstacles but I even struggled at times with a lot less than what this kid has gone through.
      The guy has a ton of leadership and maturity for having never snapped.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
        • Feb 2005

Lynch = stronger Faulk and would gain us automatic respect on Offense.

Comment

Working...
        X