• Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

I hope we are not one of the teams interested in the 2nd overall pick

Lions | Six teams looking to trade for No. 2 pick
    Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:19:09 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports six teams are interested in trading for the No. 2 overall selection in the 2007 NFL Draft. The Detroit Lions currently hold the second pick in the draft.
  • Illmatic15
    • Mar 2007

Re: I hope we are not one of the teams interested in the 2nd overall pick

why not??

Ill give up multiple picks for Adrian Peterson, not only does he give us potential hall fo fame RB but some hope too after we lost all these veterens and our starting RB plus some more national exposure and publicity..

Ashton Youbotys #1 fan! reppin Liberia
    GET WELL SOON KEVIN EVERETT!

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

Number 2 is calvin johnson territory. I can't see us giving that much up for that spot.

Comment

• Ed
        Dude
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Illmatic15
        why not??

Ill give up multiple picks for Adrian Peterson, not only does he give us potential hall fo fame RB but some hope too after we lost all these veterens and our starting RB plus some more national exposure and publicity..
        I'm not opposed to trying to trade up for Peterson, but all the way to #2? No thanks. I think the only teams interested in trading up to #2 are trying to land Calvin Johnson.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Illmatic15
          why not??

Because this team has a lot more holes than RB and we can't afford the opportunity cost of surrendering multiple picks for an unproven commodity at a single position.

If, say, we gave up our 1st, 2nd, and one of our 3rds for the 2nd overall pick (and it would probably take more than that), it means we can't even START to address positions like LB until the 3rd round. Translation: we're screwed.

It's much wiser to use one pick on a solid RB prospect and the rest of the picks to fill out the team than to bet the proverbial farm on one player.

Peterson may be worth one extra pick, but at this point we don't have the luxury of giving up any more than that.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ed
            I'm not opposed to trying to trade up for Peterson, but all the way to #2? No thanks. I think the only teams interested in trading up to #2 are trying to land Calvin Johnson.
            No doubt CJ would make this team better, but we have a star receiver in Evans and have too many other holes to pay that price for a WR.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
              No doubt CJ would make this team better, but we have a star receiver in Evans and have too many other holes to pay that price for a WR.
              Normally i'd say your right but cj would be great next to evans this team would be scary with him.

Comment

• Ed
                Dude
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Not to mention we'd have to give CJ the biggest contract in team history, and then in a year or two give Evans even more or let him walk. What would be the point?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                  Normally i'd say your right but cj would be great next to evans this team would be scary with him.
                  agreed but it's not worth the price- see Ed's post. It would mean Evans would walk in a year or two and we'd just have to fill the same hole in 2 years that we just shelled out to fill this year.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• camelcowboy
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Ed
                    Not to mention we'd have to give CJ the biggest contract in team history, and then in a year or two give Evans even more or let him walk. What would be the point?
                    a qb that likes to throw the long ball with two stud targets. To actually give this team the ability to scare the opposition.

Comment

Working...
                    X