PDA

View Full Version : Could Larry Johnson go to the Bills??

T-Long
04-25-2007, 12:25 AM
Not sure if this was posted already...but here it is if it wasn't.

Bills | Kansas City shopping L. Johnson to team
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:08:44 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are shopping RB Larry Johnson to the Buffalo Bills.

WOW! Get the deal done Marv!!! Back when Johnson and McGahee were available to the Bills in the draft, I always wanted Johnson (for obvious reasons)

The guy is a BEAST....I'd love to see him in a Bills uni...I wonder what the price would be to get him...he's going to be a free agent next season.

Marvelous
04-25-2007, 12:36 AM
WOW! Imagine LJ for the #12!! That would be awesome..
-I'm sure Ralph is bugggin over the super contract that LJ would command..

Get -er- done Marv and we can focus on LB in the 2nd & day 2..

Bert102176
04-25-2007, 12:37 AM
no way would they trade him

Michael82
04-25-2007, 12:39 AM
HOLY ****! This would sell out the stadium VERY fast!!! :drool:

Get 'er done, Marv!!! Give up the 12th overall pick and a 3rd rounder straight up for him or toss in a conditional pick next year if they want. :up:

BADTHINGSMAN
04-25-2007, 12:46 AM
Better get a chance to talk to LJ for an extension first.. Giving the #12 to the Chiefs for a guy that could walk next year wouldnt be good..

Carlton Bailey
04-25-2007, 12:53 AM
LJ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Turner

Michael82
04-25-2007, 12:54 AM
yeah, but also......

LJ$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ > $$$Turner

more cowbell
04-25-2007, 12:58 AM
wow

clumping platelets
04-25-2007, 01:51 AM
:shakeno:

evol4276
04-25-2007, 01:55 AM
what...??? yea thisd be nice but nope dont think its gunna happen

Night Train
04-25-2007, 02:23 AM
I saw Shefter talking on the NFL Nwtwork. He stated the Chiefs have been calling teams, offering Larry Johnson, who's in the last year of his contract. Buffalo was one of the teams they called.

That was the extent of it. He would want insane $$, just like Lance Briggs.

HAMMER
04-25-2007, 03:05 AM
I wouldn't get too amped about LJ, he is looking for the biggest contract in league history.

alohabillsfan
04-25-2007, 05:07 AM
Again, draft a RB

tampabay25690
04-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Better get a chance to talk to LJ for an extension first.. Giving the #12 to the Chiefs for a guy that could walk next year wouldnt be good..

Well that would be obvious......THE Bills have the $$$$$$....Why not do something for the fans for once........MAKE LJ a BILL....1 huge hold filled by this organization then...

W1DER1GHT
04-25-2007, 05:28 AM
Well, this is interesting. I REALLY doubt anything will come of it, but L.J. is one guy I would consider throwing the #12 pick out there for. A contract would HAVE to be done, and he would want a ton of cash that the Bills may not be willing to spend. Only time will tell...Saturday is getting really close, and I can't wait to see the madness unfold!!

don137
04-25-2007, 05:39 AM
It would take more than 1 draft pick and an insane contract to get him here. I don't think it is realsitic that he is traded here. I am guessing it would take 3 day one draft picks for him.

Coach Sal
04-25-2007, 06:11 AM
1) I'm quite sure the Bills wouldn't make any sort of deal (for LJ or Turner) unless they first worked out a contract extension;

2) This "rumor" is the best thing that could happen to the Bills IF they are still interested in Turner. The Chargers knowing the Bills could go after LJ instead lowers the price for Turner. So, I wouldn't be surpised if Marv actually wants everyone to think/know he's talking with KC - whether it's true or not.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-25-2007, 06:14 AM
I will put my chips in with those that think this is a load of mularky.

jmb1099
04-25-2007, 06:26 AM
It would be nice if this would happen and I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't want to see Losman handing off to LJ, however a couple of things to think about:
1)He will be too expensive (which everyone already knows)
2) And this is obviously pure speculation but why would the Chiefs consider getting rid of one of the best rb in the league? I know money is always an issue (unless your Dan Snyder or Jerry Jones) but it just makes me wonder why?

All this being said if Marv has some kind of magic power and can bring him here without throwing away our entire draft and bank-roll than I'd love to see it. As of now i just don't think so.

don137
04-25-2007, 06:42 AM
1) I'm quite sure the Bills wouldn't make any sort of deal (for LJ or Turner) unless they first worked out a contract extension;

2) This "rumor" is the best thing that could happen to the Bills IF they are still interested in Turner. The Chargers knowing the Bills could go after LJ instead lowers the price for Turner. So, I wouldn't be surpised if Marv actually wants everyone to think/know he's talking with KC - whether it's true or not.

Excellent point Coach. It could be just posturing before the draft making Smith re-think it. Then again Smith would be happy to see LJ out of his division

Mitchy moo
04-25-2007, 06:56 AM
LJ would give us a better chance to score inside the 5, opponents would game plan just for him alone.

Patti120
04-25-2007, 07:22 AM
I thought I had heard at one point that he had some "issues". I thought I had heard that he beat up his wife or girlfriend at some point after he was drafted. Not sure if there were actual charges though.

He is a damn good back though.

Neggie Nancy
04-25-2007, 07:28 AM
LJ would give us a better chance to score inside the 5, opponents would game plan just for him alone.
LJ would give us a chance to score everytime he touched the freekin football. He's a beast; he's beyond a beast. He's just flat-out sick. He's easily the second the best RB in the NFL and its not even close. OH, and he's still young too.

Having said that, there is no way he's coming to Buffalo- not a chance. Firstly, he'd command a very LARGE assortment of draft picks. Which who cares, you get a Larry Johnson once every 7-8 years.

But Wilson aint ever, ever EVER going to pay LJ the kind of contract extension he'll demand (and deserve). IF a bum like Willis is getting $42 million, imagine what the big dog like LJ is going to get.

IF he gets traded, it will be a team like Dallas or Washington (maybe the Giants) where the owner will give him that kind of money. '

With no WR's in KC< this dude has run for 1750 and 1789 yards the past two years... OH, and 37 TD's. I dont know of any RB in the history of the NFL that did that over two years.

Jeff1220
04-25-2007, 07:37 AM
If I were a Chef's fan, I'd be P-ed off!

THATHURMANATOR
04-25-2007, 07:47 AM
yeah, but also......

LJ$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ > $$$Turner
So what we have the money! It would be a smart deal. It would sell tickets and produce on the field.

Philagape
04-25-2007, 07:50 AM
I saw Shefter talking on the NFL Nwtwork. He stated the Chiefs have been calling teams, offering Larry Johnson, who's in the last year of his contract. Buffalo was one of the teams they called.

That was the extent of it. He would want insane $$, just like Lance Briggs.

"Hello, Buffalo Bills."
"Hello, this is the Kansas City Chiefs. Would you be interested in Larry Johnson?"
"No."
"OK, thank you."

Bills, Chiefs discuss Larry Johnson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHURRICANE
04-25-2007, 07:59 AM
I highly doubt we see Lance Briggs or LJ in Buffalo. Get ready to see draft picks.

THATHURMANATOR
04-25-2007, 08:03 AM
I highly doubt we see Lance Briggs or LJ in Buffalo. Get ready to see draft picks.
Probably right but I am happy we are at least out there discussing possibilities!

BAM
04-25-2007, 08:05 AM
Oh man this would be freekin' sweet.

Buffalo Sabres
04-25-2007, 08:31 AM
I thought I had heard at one point that he had some "issues". I thought I had heard that he beat up his wife or girlfriend at some point after he was drafted. Not sure if there were actual charges though.

this is probably the only time Marv would say
who gives a ****!

jdbillsfan
04-25-2007, 08:32 AM
He is a malcontent who is overrated. Derrick Blaylock looked like an all-star behind that o-line. Now he is on the Jets and is terrible.

The Chiefs have had the best o-line in football while LJ was running. Their o-line dropped off a little towards the end of last year and so did LJ.

The reason why the chiefs are trading him is he doesn't get along well with coaching staffs (Vermeil now Edwards)

If they truly felt that they had the 2nd best RB in football, they wouldn't be trading him because of money.

Michael82
04-25-2007, 08:44 AM
So what we have the money! It would be a smart deal. It would sell tickets and produce on the field.
I totally agree with you. I was just saying....

TedMock
04-25-2007, 09:11 AM
I would not break the bank or give up our 12th pick for LJ. He's a good back, but he doesn't have many 1700 yard seasons left. Priest Holmes was awesome in KC as well behind that line. LJ just came off a record number of carries. Running backs who do that tend to drop off quickly. See, for e.g., Jamaal Lewis. Lewis didn't even have as many carries in his best year as LJ did either. By the way, they're the same age (Lewis is only 3 months older) and you can see what all those carries has done to Lewis. I understand that, as of now, Lewis has over 900 more carries than LJ. Lewis also has 4 more years of being a starting RB. However, LJ is carrying the ball at a higher rate than Lewis had and LJ is older at this point in his career than Lewis was when he was getting the bulk of his carries. Our o-line is not as good as those LJ played behind in KC, so even with fewer carries he's going to take as much punishment.

I just don't think we should pay a lot for a guy who we'll have 3 years - 1 of which should be really good and 2 of which will be "okay." I like the guy and I'll hope he hangs around for a long time if we sign him, but I would definitely be cautiously optimistic at best.

camelcowboy
04-25-2007, 09:31 AM
You guys could have the possibility of trading for barry sanders in his prime and you'd find something to ***** about. Any of you that think LJ wouldn't be worth a trade precious draft picks need your heads examined. A stud in this league only number two to LT and you guys still find something wrong with it. Trade for him sign him to a extention, and watch the stadium fill up and achieve instant national attention.

jamze132
04-25-2007, 11:39 AM
If LJ was carrying the ball for the Bills, you can go ahead and pencil in at least 9 wins. and on top of that, he would fill the stadium each week. I think you have to at least seriously consider getting him to bring respectability back to the franchise.