PDA

View Full Version : Question???

kgun12
04-25-2007, 06:01 AM
Here's the question:

How would you handle Avery? I would dress Peters tonight, and everytime he came on the ice I would send Peters on also.

YardRat
04-25-2007, 06:11 AM
I would ignore Avery, and pound the piss out of Jagr. Let Zubrus continue hitting anything that moves in a different colored uniform.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-25-2007, 06:12 AM
I would definitely not do that. I would treat him like any other player on the ice and basically ignore him.

Meathead
04-25-2007, 07:17 AM
countering with peters would only help the rangers

ignoring him would also be ill advised

what you do is simply target him and jagr as prime hit targets. the sabres prefer to outskate you but are plenty capable of hitting when they want or need to. so you play the game normally but when you have the chance to hit those two you do. then you let the superior talent take over

done

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-25-2007, 07:50 AM
ignoring him would also be ill advised

done

No, you ignore his little antics and worry about your own game. Nothing good comes from worrying about Avery and taking stupid penalties.

Buffalo Sabres
04-25-2007, 08:19 AM
the only guy on the ice worth worrying about is Jagr, Shannahan will prob. score but jagr makes this team go (like ottawa did to crosby) yes crosby had a great 1st 2-3 games but all the physical attention took it's toll on him and he ended with what 0 points in the last 2 games.

THATHURMANATOR
04-25-2007, 08:22 AM
Here's the question:

How would you handle Avery? I would dress Peters tonight, and everytime he came on the ice I would send Peters on also.
NO FREAKING WAY. Peters should not be on the ice in the playoffs.

What we do is realize the guy is just a pest no more so than Tucker or Neil and just play their game. We are making Avery out to be more than he is IMO.

Bufftp
04-25-2007, 08:24 AM
You ignore him and allow him to get penaltys.

Michael82
04-25-2007, 08:37 AM
I would wait until Gaustad heals up and then send him after Avery. :up:

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 08:53 AM
Get Mair and Zubrus to put legal hits on him every chance they get, try to bait him into doing something stupid.

I still say that if we're lucky enough to get a 3-0 series lead, we dress Peters for Game 4 for the sole purpose of pounding the **** out of him.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Peters is doing a fine job serving h'orderves in the press box.