PDA

View Full Version : For all those clamoring for Larry Johnson....

BidsJr
04-25-2007, 06:36 AM
Who are you going to get to replace JP or Lee? Cause we certainly won't be able to afford having all 3 extended at the same time.

Until you figure out this question, away with you.

Carlton Bailey
04-25-2007, 06:39 AM
Why? As long as the Bills don't behave like cheap bastards, they can keep all of them. We're talking about an organization that just gave ultimate turnstile Langston Walker a five-year, $25 million contract, and Chris Kelsay a $24 million deal. I don't want to hear anyone cry poor for the Buffalo Bills. In the end, acquiring LJ would make the team money, not lose it.

Philagape
04-25-2007, 07:47 AM
Why? As long as the Bills don't behave like cheap bastards, they can keep all of them. We're talking about an organization that just gave ultimate turnstile Langston Walker a five-year, $25 million contract, and Chris Kelsay a $24 million deal. I don't want to hear anyone cry poor for the Buffalo Bills. In the end, acquiring LJ would make the team money, not lose it.

It's not the individual deals that make a team cheap or not; it's the totality of spending.

madness
04-25-2007, 07:55 AM
You mean to tell me there's no teams out there with at least three superstars?

Meathead
04-25-2007, 07:59 AM
paying any one player a rediculously huge amount is usually the recipe for mediocrity

the bills are clearly adopting the philosophy of teams like the colts and pats where you beef up the lines, get a good qb, then fill the rest of the spots with quality but not superstar guys who are generally replaceable

this will be especially true at rb where you cycle young guys in and out of the system with the plan to catch them in their prime just before they hit the open market. you let someone else give them the huge payday and move on

there is zero change larry johnson will end up a bill so let it go

Buffalo Sabres
04-25-2007, 08:15 AM
this is where cash to cap can help us, pay them all off then in 2-3 years they'll be playing for petty cash! Then we can throw some money at JP and Lee

gr8slayer
04-25-2007, 08:17 AM
paying any one player a rediculously huge amount is usually the recipe for mediocrity

the bills are clearly adopting the philosophy of teams like the colts and pats where you beef up the lines, get a good qb, then fill the rest of the spots with quality but not superstar guys who are generally replaceable

this will be especially true at rb where you cycle young guys in and out of the system with the plan to catch them in their prime just before they hit the open market. you let someone else give them the huge payday and move on

there is zero change larry johnson will end up a bill so let it go
I don't know, the Colts have looked pretty good the past few years.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 08:23 AM
I don't know, the Colts have looked pretty good the past few years.

we'll see about this year, after they couldn't afford to resign half their defense.

Buffalo Sabres
04-25-2007, 08:23 AM
if we're gonna pay turner a **** load, might as well pay LJ a **** load, oh yeah and he's the #2 RB in the league (behind willis mcgahee of course)

Michael82
04-25-2007, 08:40 AM
Acquiring Larry Johnson would bring the fans back, fill the stadium and cause jersey sales to flourish! It would also fill Ralph's pockets! It's a no brainer IMO for a fair trade.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Salary cap wise it wouldnt be an issue.. This is a young team with a lot of cheap players.

Owner pulling money from his wallet would be the problem..

camelcowboy
04-25-2007, 10:32 AM
If evans and Losman and Johnson are any good the deals will pay for themselves. You have to spend money in the nfl to make it. Winning can be a very effective strategy when it comes to pro sports.

BAM
04-25-2007, 11:22 AM
If they wanted to make it happen, they would and could. I don't see them really wanting to make it happen though.

madness
04-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Yes, we "know" the owner is a cheap bastard. That's apparent from the five other times I've seen it posted already today.

:deadhorse