PDA

View Full Version : Tough Call #2 - Turner or Lynch

Don't Panic
04-25-2007, 10:11 AM
The #12 pick would most likely get us either... so which is more worth it? My gut steers me away from Lynch, although Turner has limits. I'll go Turner.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Turner..

ONLY because Lynch would cost the 12th pick... While Turner would cost the 43rd and probably a third rounder this year or next..

camelcowboy
04-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Lynch's back problem rumors appear to have merit. Even though he passed greenbay's physical i'd rather stay away with from players with head, back, or neck issues. I'd go with turner.

Brandon
04-25-2007, 11:27 AM
Not a contest. I would choose Lynch every single time.

I think Lynch is a better overall prospect with the versatility to add a dimension to the offense as a receiver that has been missing since the days of Thurman Thomas. His back problem doesn't concern me. He missed no time in college with it and there's little reason to believe it will in the pros. Although there's no question that he's unproven, I see a very good all-around RB prospect who should become an excellent player. Lynch will probably prove a little more expensive in terms of draft value than Turner, but financially, should cost the team about $3M/yr while under his rookie contract.

Turner doesn't impress me as much. He's proven that he's a very good runner on 5 carries per game playing behind perhaps the best RB ever. Can he catch? Can he block? Can he withstand 250+ carries per year at the NFL level? I have no idea and neither does anyone else. He's a huge question mark, IMO, and not someone that I'd be willing to invest in at the price of two first day draft picks (with one possibly a 1st round pick either this year or next), nor at the cost of the $5-6M per year contract extension that he will command.