PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper Jr. says probably no Antonio Pittman for the Bills

BILLSROCK1212
04-25-2007, 10:43 AM
Brandon (New York, NY): Who do you see as the 3rd RB off the board after Peterson and Lynch, and what pick will that be?

Mel Kiper: (11:31 AM ET ) I'd say it will probably be at 43 to Buffalo. It could be Kenny Irons. It could be Chris Henry. I thought Antonio Pittman might be the guy about a month ago. But now there's more indication that it could be one of those other two.

Honestly I would hate this but maybe Kenny Irons could be the guy, I doubt we draft Chris Henry.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 10:44 AM
Good...

But I dont want any of those..

I want Turner or Lynch early or would rather wait for Jackie Battle in round four.

camelcowboy
04-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Is Mel Kiper suppose to be some kind of draft guru? Why does anyone listen to this guy, he's done nothing but show he knows nothing about this sport.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Good...

But I dont want any of those..

I want Turner or Lynch early or would rather wait for Jackie Battle in round four.

Ditto. Jackie Battle has been growing on me. I think he's pretty much a straight line runner, but he's big and very fast. Doesn't sound like he's much of a threat to catch passes though.

I'm really hoping for Turner with a 2nd. It would just make everything so much easier to be able to use the 12 pick on a LB.

gil
04-25-2007, 11:08 AM
I do find it interesting that Kiper is held in such a high regard - granted he does a ton of work compiling information on the prospects and rating them in ways that probably resemble a lot of teams' draft boards.

But his understanding of team needs and where guys will actually go always seems to be pretty far off the mark.

I don't know much about the RB prospects, but if the guy can hit an open hole, have a burst, make a guy miss, catch the ball and maybe even block a little, I'll take him.

BILLSROCK1212
04-25-2007, 11:11 AM
I do find it interesting that Kiper is held in such a high regard - granted he does a ton of work compiling information on the prospects and rating them in ways that probably resemble a lot of teams' draft boards.

But his understanding of team needs and where guys will actually go always seems to be pretty far off the mark.

I don't know much about the RB prospects, but if the guy can hit an open hole, have a burst, make a guy miss, catch the ball and maybe even block a little, I'll take him.half of that doesn't sound too much like Antonio Pittman

Don't Panic
04-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I'd take Tony Hunt or Brian Leonard over any one of those three.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 11:13 AM
I think Battle sounds more capable of being a primary back than Pittman, Irons, or Booker. NFL.com link for Battle (http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/battle_jackie). Pittman, Irons and Booker have committee back written all over them. I don't want any part of Chris Henry, he's got my vote for the most likely to be a workout wonder bust.

Booker/Battle would make a very interesting tandem though. One of our thirds and the 4th could probably get that done.

camelcowboy
04-25-2007, 11:15 AM
I'd take Tony Hunt or Brian Leonard over any one of those three. Hunt is too slow to be a starting back in this league.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 11:18 AM
Unless we want A-Train to be the main horse of a RBC..

Its gotta be AP, Lynch, Turner or LJ..

Bulldog
04-25-2007, 11:26 AM
I liked this little snippet on Battle.

Compares To: Travis Henry, Denver -- Battle is a physical one-cut runner with excellent initial quickness. Like Henry, he gets most of his yardage by breaking tackles, and after being stopped just six times for losses on 441 carries it is evident that he is a load to bring down, especially in isolated coverage. He lacks hip snap to be effective bouncing outside and lacks the natural hands to even be marginal as a receiver, but with his athletic ability and work ethic he'll make a nice change-of-pace back while adding value to the short yardage and goal-line units.

Injuries may be a concern though. Sounds like he never had any major injuries, but a buch of smaller ones that caused him to miss a good amount of time, similar to Chris Brown. That and the part about him not being a great receiver make me a little nervous.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 11:28 AM
Hunt is too slow to be a starting back in this league.

I think so too.

jamze132
04-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Kiper is a *****tard.

TigerJ
04-25-2007, 11:52 AM
I think that Jackie Battle and Garrett Wolfe sound like a really intriguing thunder and lightning combo. I don't know that the odds favor Buffalo drafting either one of those guys to say nothing of the combination though.

justasportsfan
04-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Kiper is a *****tard.

Mayock made him look it the last 2 years.

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 12:03 PM
I've heard a few OSU fans say they were less than enamored with Pittman as an NFL prospect so I don't have a problem with this.

Bills Juggernaut
04-25-2007, 12:12 PM
Remeber the name Ramonce Taylor in the 6th round..................................

gr8slayer
04-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Lynch is all we need.

ShadowHawk7
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
Henry in the 3rd would be solid.

jamze132
04-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Mayock made him look it the last 2 years.
Better make it 3. Hopefully ESPN will pull there head out of there ass and get rid of this cumstain.

BILLSROCK1212
04-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Remeber the name Ramonce Taylor in the 6th round..................................
not a Marv guy but i would have no problem drafting him

jamesiscool
04-25-2007, 02:55 PM

http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=4902429

not happening.

UT's Ramonce Taylor Arrested After Deputies Find Marijuana
<script language="JavaScript">var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("May 15, 2006 1:18 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);</script>May 15, 2006 01:18 PM
<table id="wnStoryBox" name="D20" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="180"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" align="center">http://kxan.images.worldnow.com/images/4902429_BG1.jpg</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center"> Ramonce Taylor
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center">http://kxan.images.worldnow.com/images/static/gfx/pxl_trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <!--AD 180x150 LOCAL--> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center"><iframe id="wnsz_20" name="wnsz_20" allowtransparency="true" style="visibility: hidden;" border="1" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" height="150" scrolling="no" width="180">&lt;SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript1.1'&gt;if (document.layers) {document.write('&lt;SCR' + 'IPT language=JavaScript1.1 SRC=/Global/ad.asp?type=single&amp;cls1=Sport&amp;src1=loc&amp;spct1=100&amp;sz1=wnsz_20&amp;callType=script /&gt;'); document.close();}&lt;/SCRIPT&gt;</iframe><script language="JavaScript1.1">coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');</script>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center"> http://kxan.images.worldnow.com/images/static/gfx/pxl_trans.gif

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> UT running back Ramonce Taylor was arrested early Sunday morning for drug possession. Authorities say he also had a live 40-caliber round of ammunition in his car.
This all went down in Bell County after a fight involving 100 people at a pecan farm, including Taylor. Sheriff's deputies found a backpack containing over five pounds of marijuana in the car, a second-degree felony punishable by 2-20 years in prison.

kgun12
04-25-2007, 03:05 PM
http://www.kxan.com/Global/story.asp?S=4902429

not happening.

UT's Ramonce Taylor Arrested After Deputies Find Marijuana
<script language="JavaScript">var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("May 15, 2006 1:18 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date);</script>May 15, 2006 01:18 PM
<table id="wnStoryBox" name="D20" align="left" bgcolor="#ffffff" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="180"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="2" align="center">http://kxan.images.worldnow.com/images/4902429_BG1.jpg</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center"> Ramonce Taylor
</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="2" align="center">http://kxan.images.worldnow.com/images/static/gfx/pxl_trans.gif</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <!--AD 180x150 LOCAL--> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center"><iframe id="wnsz_20" name="wnsz_20" allowtransparency="true" style="visibility: hidden;" border="1" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" height="150" scrolling="no" width="180">&lt;SCRIPT LANGUAGE='JavaScript1.1'&gt;if (document.layers) {document.write('&lt;SCR' + 'IPT language=JavaScript1.1 SRC=/Global/ad.asp?type=single&amp;cls1=Sport&amp;src1=loc&amp;spct1=100&amp;sz1=wnsz_20&amp;callType=script /&gt;'); document.close();}&lt;/SCRIPT&gt;</iframe><script language="JavaScript1.1">coreAdsCreate('wnsz_20', 'loc', '100');</script>
</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center"> http://kxan.images.worldnow.com/images/static/gfx/pxl_trans.gif

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> UT running back Ramonce Taylor was arrested early Sunday morning for drug possession. Authorities say he also had a live 40-caliber round of ammunition in his car.
This all went down in Bell County after a fight involving 100 people at a pecan farm, including Taylor. Sheriff's deputies found a backpack containing over five pounds of marijuana in the car, a second-degree felony punishable by 2-20 years in prison.

This "SHOOTS" that idea right in the a$$!!! :;