PDA

View Full Version : Exciting Draft

jdbillsfan
04-25-2007, 11:08 AM
This draft would feature some high risk/high reward players. Also some players that would bring some excitement and energy to the team.

Its also exciting to get some physical freaks, so check out my draft:

1 - Ted Ginn Jr - WR Ohio State (Explosive WR. Very hard for DB's to cover. I would also like Jarrett because I think he could be a strong Redzone threat with an attitude, but this would be too high for him)

2 - Michael Turner - Trade with San Do (RB class isn't very exciting. AJ Smith is getting annoying, but if they could pull the trigger I think he would be fun to watch)

3 - Eric Wright - CB UNLV (Excellent cover corner. Has had some issues so he may drop to the 3rd. Talent alone he is a top pick.

3b - Antwan Barnes - OLB Florida Int (Explosive, fast OLB. Can help pressure the QB as well)

4 - Jackie Battle - RB Houston (Big, Strong, Fast RB/FB. 6-2 235 4.42 40. If he pans out, could be a good replacement for a-train)

6 - Walter Thomas - DT (Physical freak at DT. 6-5 375 bench 475, squat 800)

7 - Paul Thompson - QB/WR (Add a player who can be 3rd QB or WR. Added dimension on the offense. Brad Smith mold)

jdbillsfan
04-25-2007, 12:42 PM
Guess no one likes this draft...

bigbub2352
04-25-2007, 12:44 PM
I think Ted Ginn JR is not the pick in the 1st, he is talented but our needs are much greater in other places, the other guys are solid, i really like Battle out of Houston he could be steal of draft with those intangibles

ddaryl
04-25-2007, 12:50 PM
I have a real hard time thinking we will go WR in rd #1. We improved the OL which will improve the QB, and WR position... and the RB position when we get one outside of AT

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
This draft would feature some high risk/high reward players. Also some players that would bring some excitement and energy to the team.

Its also exciting to get some physical freaks, so check out my draft:

1 - Ted Ginn Jr - WR Ohio State (Explosive WR. Very hard for DB's to cover. I would also like Jarrett because I think he could be a strong Redzone threat with an attitude, but this would be too high for him)

2 - Michael Turner - Trade with San Do (RB class isn't very exciting. AJ Smith is getting annoying, but if they could pull the trigger I think he would be fun to watch)

3 - Eric Wright - CB UNLV (Excellent cover corner. Has had some issues so he may drop to the 3rd. Talent alone he is a top pick.

3b - Antwan Barnes - OLB Florida Int (Explosive, fast OLB. Can help pressure the QB as well)

4 - Jackie Battle - RB Houston (Big, Strong, Fast RB/FB. 6-2 235 4.42 40. If he pans out, could be a good replacement for a-train)

6 - Walter Thomas - DT (Physical freak at DT. 6-5 375 bench 475, squat 800)

7 - Paul Thompson - QB/WR (Add a player who can be 3rd QB or WR. Added dimension on the offense. Brad Smith mold)

I LOVE this draft overall.. HOwever, I think you have a few players too high and too low.

Ginn could be a huge asset to this team not only because he'd help Evans but he's a crazy explosive kick returner as well. You CANNOT discount special teams value with the Bills.. My fear with this pick is he has a HIGH bust potential... I think 12 may be too high for him, at least for us.. But I can think of worse picks than Ginn here (cough cough POS/Hall cough cough)

2- Turner.. Not necessary ONLY because of your fourth rounder- I am a big Turner fan though.. SO if you can guarentee me Battle in the fourth, I'd use this second rounder on the best LB on the board; maybe David Harris or I may trade it down 10 or so spots, pick up another 4th rounder or so and get me Rufus Alexander.

3- Eric Wright.. Underated corner, had BS character issues cleared up recently.. AND he's another great returner.. Only one problem, aint no way in HELL he's going to be there in round three.. He might be gone at this point before we pick at #42 let alone #70..

Barnes- Not bad.. can think of a few other Cover Two LB's I'd like more, but he's not the worse thing to ever happen to buffalo either.

4- Jackie Battle- I cant express how much I love this pick.. I love it to the point if we get Battle I will be happy with him and A-Train, screw the bigger names.. This guy is going to be good, VERY VERY good in this league.. I HONESTLY think he's the third best RB in this draft when its written in 3-4 years, and that INCLUDES Leonard, Irons and Pittman.. Thats how much I like this guy.