PDA

View Full Version : What would YOU give up..

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 11:27 AM
I'd like to know what the board will give up for each of the following.

1. Larry Johnson
2. Lance Briggs
3. Michael Turner

I ask because I want to see this in writing. If any team trades for any of those guys, I want to compare what they actually gave up compared to what you think we should've given up.

FOR IE- If Tennessee gives up a first for Turner, then I take my hat off to SD for getting that and to Marv for not giving up the first.. But if Tenn gets Turner with giving up less what Buffalo could've/should've-- then its obviously about the almighty dollar.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 11:28 AM
1- Larry Johnson- My first rounder, my third rounder, a second next year and half of my family..

2- Lance Briggs- The 12th pick in the draft.. IF Willis is gone... IF he's not gone, I'd only offer to swap firsts and throw in a third next year.

3- Michael Turner- A second this year and a third next year.

camelcowboy
04-25-2007, 11:32 AM
1- Larry Johnson- My first rounder, my third rounder, a second next year and half of my family..

2- Lance Briggs- The 12th pick in the draft.. IF Willis is gone... IF he's not gone, I'd only offer to swap firsts and throw in a third next year.

3- Michael Turner- A second this year and a third next year.

LJ-1st two 3rds and a conditional pick next year along with my left nut.

Briggs- 12th and a 3rd

Turner- right now with the LJ rumors i think he can be had for a second.

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2007, 11:42 AM
"FOR IE" doesn't mean anything. i.e. means "that is". For example is e.g. Then you wouldn't need FOR e.g. cuz then it'd be "for for example".

jamze132
04-25-2007, 11:43 AM
Larry Johnson - 1st / 3rd this year, conditional next year
Lance Briggs - 1st /3rd this year
Michael Turner - Swap 1st rounders

Don't Panic
04-25-2007, 12:14 PM
LJ - Our 1st and 3rd plus a conditional (1st to 4th depending on performance) for LJ and their 1st
Briggs - Our 1st
Turner - Our 2nd

Yasgur's Farm
04-25-2007, 12:25 PM
1. Larry Johnson- Give 2007 1st and *conditional 2008 up to 1st.
2. Lance Briggs- Swap 2007 1st's and give Ravens 2008 3rd
3. Michael Turner- Give 2007 2nd and *conditional 2008 up to 2nd.

*Maximum conditional = >1600 yards + >15 TD's + <5 fumbles lost

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 12:32 PM
L.J. - #12, #92, and our extra third next year. Our offense would immediately be really tough to deal with. He was a beast for the Chiefs even without a downfield receiving threat. Stack the box against LJ, and Losman/Evans will have a lot of long pass plays.

Briggs - #12. Briggs is a proven commodity that can step in and play at very high level from day 1, so I'll take him over any rookie LB we could get at 12. That said, I think both Willis and Beason have the potential to be Pro Bowl LBs, and I'm a little leery of players that threaten holdouts to get themselves more money, so I'm not giving up much more than the #12.

Turner - #43 and a 3rd next year. I'd be Ok making the 3rd conditional, escalating up to a 2nd if he gets 1500.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2007, 12:38 PM
-- then its obviously about the almighty dollar.

Maybe it is because they don't have the same opinion on the player???

To answer your question(s)

Briggs - I agree with your price 100%
Turner - A 2nd this year. Maybe a later pick next year (4th or later).
Johnson - Depends on the deal he wants. I would prefer Turner because he is cheaper in costs and much cheaper in picks.

ddaryl
04-25-2007, 12:43 PM
KC wants to get rid of LJ and not have ot pay a rediculous amouts of cash to.

There is no reason to offer a 1st, 3rd and 2008 conditional. I swear people around here toss around draft picks liek they mean nothing.

If we gave KC a 2nd, and 3rd and save them from a headache and salary cap troubles in 2008 then KC is getting a great deal. LJ is also approaching the end of his shelf life for a brusing RB. Lets also figure in the character issues that LJ has developed to some extent in KC. KC doesn't want much to do with LJ in its future, so IMO any team that is trading for LJ is actually doing KC a bit of a a favor and it won't cost us a 1st rd pick.

I think we need to stop inclusing our #1 pick in these fantasy situations. It is not necessary for Turner or for LJ.

LJ: Our 2nd and a 3rd (3a), and a conditional 2008 that could be a 2nd if he makes the probowl AND rushed for 1500 yds.

Turner: a 3rd and a conditional 2008 that could be a 2nd if he makes the probowl AND rushed for 1500 yds.

Lance Briggs: Our #12

If we were to make these types of trades I would suggest Marv make some moves (trade down) to acquire extra picks if possible.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Maybe it is because they don't have the same opinion on the player???

To answer your question(s)

Briggs - I agree with your price 100%
Turner - A 2nd this year. Maybe a later pick next year (4th or later).
Johnson - Depends on the deal he wants. I would prefer Turner because he is cheaper in costs and much cheaper in picks.

Are you related to Ralph?

IF you want to have an undisputed franchise running back on your team, you have to pay to have one. LJ isnt a dime a dozen, in fact when it comes to moving the chains and being consistent he's one of a kind. Who cares if he's cheaper in cost.. Dont' you WANT to have the best team you're capable of fielding.

HOWEVER.. Your second point is an excellent one and for that I do agree with you.. Turner would come MUCH CHEAPER in picks so in the overall picture you could very well be right.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Are you related to Ralph?

IF you want to have an undisputed franchise running back on your team, you have to pay to have one. LJ isnt a dime a dozen, in fact when it comes to moving the chains and being consistent he's one of a kind. Who cares if he's cheaper in cost.. Dont' you WANT to have the best team you're capable of fielding.

I do see your point.
However.......

I would rather build a team with Turner, JP and Evans than a team with Johnson, JP and Price.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2007, 12:52 PM
And if I was related to Ralph, I would own a better house than I do.

DraftBoy
04-25-2007, 01:00 PM
LJ-Nothing
Briggs-Nothing
Turner-Swap 1sts

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 01:05 PM
LJ-Nothing
Briggs-Nothing
Turner-Swap 1sts
LMAO.

OF course you wouldnt.. Your the DRAFT GUY, the Bills would be killing your fun if they made trades like that. ! :rrich:

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 01:06 PM
KC wants to get rid of LJ and not have ot pay a rediculous amouts of cash to.

There is no reason to offer a 1st, 3rd and 2008 conditional. I swear people around here toss around draft picks liek they mean nothing.

If we gave KC a 2nd, and 3rd and save them from a headache and salary cap troubles in 2008 then KC is getting a great deal. LJ is also approaching the end of his shelf life for a brusing RB. Lets also figure in the character issues that LJ has developed to some extent in KC. KC doesn't want much to do with LJ in its future, so IMO any team that is trading for LJ is actually doing KC a bit of a a favor and it won't cost us a 1st rd pick.

I think we need to stop inclusing our #1 pick in these fantasy situations. It is not necessary for Turner or for LJ.

Maybe. It's hard to tell how badly KC wants to move him. If they really are on the verge of a wholesale rebuilding process, you may be right. But going purely on what his value to our team would be, I wouldn't have a problem giving up our first and more. Barring major injury, he's got plenty of miles left, keep in mind he started out on the bench, and then just splitting time with Holmes. He would completely change the look of our offense. Not to mention that he's the quintessential move-the-chains 2nd half RB that allows the O to chew up clock and keep the D off the field. So he'd probably help our D as well.

I wholly agree that we shouldn't toss around draft picks lightly, but there are some players that are worth it due to the enormous impact they bring. A first and 3rd for LJ would be well worth it in my book.

DraftBoy
04-25-2007, 01:08 PM
LMAO.

OF course you wouldnt.. Your the DRAFT GUY, the Bills would be killing your fun if they made trades like that. ! :rrich:

Bastard...

But seriously I wouldnt make a move for either of Briggs or LJ, bc we work in our Cash to Cap philosophy and it doesnt work that way, nor does it work considering we have a ton of holes and by spending more picks to fill one hole just doesnt make good logical sense.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 01:11 PM
I am not buying into cash to cap anymore, especially after the deal was struck to increase revenue to the smaller market teams lately. That was wilson's biggest beef with the league..

I do understand that doesnt mean you can get ******ed like Snyder, but selective aggression when it comes to spending is the only way this team is going to be competitive (in terms of SB contention)

DraftBoy
04-25-2007, 01:12 PM
I am not buying into cash to cap anymore, especially after the deal was struck to increase revenue to the smaller market teams lately. That was wilson's biggest beef with the league..

I do understand that doesnt mean you can get ******ed like Snyder, but selective aggression when it comes to spending is the only way this team is going to be competitive (in terms of SB contention)

Im glad you dont buy it, but the fact remains that we are still in the practice of it...I dont like it either but we cant sit here and act like we dont like it, so we arent going to believe in it.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Bastard...

But seriously I wouldnt make a move for either of Briggs or LJ, bc we work in our Cash to Cap philosophy and it doesnt work that way, nor does it work considering we have a ton of holes and by spending more picks to fill one hole just doesnt make good logical sense.

i fully agree on the cash part.

but trading a single pick for Briggs (even if its our first) doesn't diminish the number of players we get this weekend.

I'm calming down a little on LJ now after my initial posts. Maybe three day one picks would be too much, but I'd still give #12 and #92 no questions asked, if Ralph wants to pay him.

jdbillsfan
04-25-2007, 01:15 PM
LJ - Pass. The dollar and compensation will be too high. If he wasn't a malcontent, I am sure the Chiefs would want to keep him.

Briggs - Swap firsts

Turner - I would give up our first this year, unless Marv has a plan to trade up or down. If we are staying at 12, I would give up the first. I would rather have Turner than Marshawn. Obviously if I would give up the first, I would trade a 2 and 3rd or something like that. If trading two picks, I would split them up between 07 and 08.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 01:17 PM
I believe in it, because it's reality.

However.. we went into cash to cap mode to remain economically viable because Wilson felt we werent getting our fair share of league-wide revenue.. However, at recent events that changed and a deal was struck that even by Wilson's own admission it was a deal that would keep Buffalo economically viable in Buffalo.

So while I dont expect him to 100% do away with a cash to cap philosophy.. If the opportunity comes to land a difference-making franchise player you cant turn it down because it will put you over your own-self imposed salary cap.. A self imposed cap that appears a lot less necessary than it was at the beginning of this calender year.

Again, IM not saying it gives him the freedom to be another Jerry Jones either.. But the reigns dont have to be on as tight.. AT least not if your really trying to win a championship, as opposed to "hoping" for one.