PDA

View Full Version : BigBub2352's 7 rd Mock Draft.....

bigbub2352
04-25-2007, 12:26 PM
I dont claim to be a expert but i do follow the Bills like a religion, and have watched all the drafts since 1990, i really think that this Mock i did is a way the Bills will be looking since they NEVER take the hype pick, unless u count McGahee and u all know how that turned out, well here it goes enjoy!
p.s this is with no trades and staying put scenario

1. Paul Posluszny OLB 6-1 240lbs PSU
I think Willis will be the hype pick at LB and he will be long gone at 12, i like Beason personally but think Bills Brass see shades of my boy Shane Conlan (see avator) and once they see Willis and AP gone already they will take Pos and start shoring up the D the right way.

2. Michael Bush RB 6-1 243lbs Lousiville
This is my i got a feeling pick, if u look at the Rb's that were brought in for a look and A-train, plus the Rbs we were rumored to be interested in Tony Hunt, Wright from Fresno State, and Battle from Houston, they are all big back with speed, if Bush never broke his leg he is a top 10 pick last year and maybe this year, the numbers he put up in college are sick, i think the Bills go here for there back of the future, hmm sure does sound alot like what they said about Thurm before falling to the second round!

3a. Tanard Jackson CB 6-0 200lbs Syracuse
This is our depth and insurance pick, he definetly need another CB, and with 2 picks in the third he have to get someone in here in case Youboty falters, and Kiwakee is not getting any younger, and i dont think that Greer and Bassey are the answer at one of the 2 starting spots, he has great size and tackling ability for a CB, and played good competition in college

3b. Jacoby Jones WR 6-3 210lbs Lane
Dont think the GM's in the league are not looking for the next small school Colston now, like they did with Gates, he has all the attributes to compliment Lee Evans, and has real good speed and size and showed it in the East West shrine Game, i think we go small school to get our next number 2 WR and even if some think we could have waited we take him here so he dont take that chance

4. Zack Deossie ILB 6-4 250lbs Brown
Dont think our Ivy League boys are gonna let this kid get away, he is a bit of a project because of the competition, but he has size and speed and athletism, and he is very smart, he can play both ILB, and OLB so he adds depth and starting potential, this will be a great pick for us, and i Hope it comes true, i have seen film on him and he is an tackling animal and has a nose for making plays in the backfeild

6. Kevin Boss TE 6-6 252lbs Western Oregon
This kid will be the replacement for Everett, he can block and he can run for his size, and is a legitamate threat in the red zone, which is what we sorely lack on this tream, he is a small school product but i think that is right up Mar's alley, i seen film on him and he plays very tenacious and is not afraid to take a hit after the catch

7. Jared Zobransky QB 6-2 219lbs Boise State
This is an iffy pick but we do need a number 3 Qb, i was debating this or another Oline prospect, but Zabransky os built in the same mold as Losman, just not as strong of an arm, so i think he would be a good fit for our Fairchild run Offense, plus he put up good numbers his senior year, and has leadership qualties u luv in a QB

7. Patrick Ghee S 6-2 210lbs Wake Forest
We need backups to our yound dynamic duo at saftey and this kis will be an excellent ST with his size and speed, runs a 4.5 40, he also can play both saftey spots and had 3 picks as a senior, he would provide solid depth in case of injury

Like i said this is a no trade mock, and i would luv to see these guys in a Bills uniform, these picks are based upon what i have read coming out of OBD and everything else that is been reported, any thoughts?

gr8slayer
04-25-2007, 12:30 PM
I can see us drafting Zobransky. Good mock although I think you have Bush going too high considering his injury.

Mudflap1
04-25-2007, 12:32 PM
Very realistic.

Jon

jdbillsfan
04-25-2007, 12:33 PM
I like it. If they can get Poz and Deossie, that would definitely help our LB corp.

It may be a little early for Bush, but I like his potential more than Pittman who is projected in a similar spot.

gr8slayer
04-25-2007, 12:34 PM
I like it. If they can get Poz and Deossie, that would definitely help our LB corp.

It may be a little early for Bush, but I like his potential more than Pittman who is projected in a similar spot.
True but we know for a fact that Pittman is ready to play now, can you say the same for Bush?

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I wouldnt be around for the third round.. Because by the time Pick #44 was on the clock I'd be on my way to jail if POS (at 12 nonetheless) and Bush are the first two picks..

Therefore I cant tell ya Jones and Jackson are good picks in round three. (like em both)

BTW- I dont think Zack lasts until round 4, and there is no way Boss is going in the 6th.. Boss is probably a late first day pick.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Not bad, I'd rather have Willis/Beason than Poz, but all in all pretty balanced and covers our needs well. Also, I like the thought with Bush, because he has great potential, but I don't see him being healthy enough in September to step in and be a primary back. Maybe later in the year. If we draft Bush I would like to see us grab another RB as well.

bigbub2352
04-25-2007, 12:41 PM
I wouldnt be around for the third round.. Because by the time Pick #44 was on the clock I'd be on my way to jail if POS (at 12 nonetheless) and Bush are the first two picks..

Therefore I cant tell ya Jones and Jackson are good picks in round three. (like em both)

BTW- I dont think Zack lasts until round 4, and there is no way Boss is going in the 6th.. Boss is probably a late first day pick.
Most places i seen and read have both Boss and Deossie goin day 2 plus they are small school so they could slide, it is not like i got them goin in the 7 th round, plus we pick early in all the rounds too so i think we got a legitamte shot at them, but in my defense Bush is gonne be the guy he has top 10 talent and does all the things we need in a RB, i just got a feeling, it is not like Bush is a horse, broken legs do heal, like i said his potential and his recovery is solid, he visted with us i believe, and they did talk about him, i just think Pittman is not a RB that fits our style big back, but i appreciate the comments

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 12:44 PM
Good work man.. Just because I dont agree doesnt mean I dont appreciate reading your views with the draft.

bigbub2352
04-25-2007, 12:49 PM
Good work man.. Just because I dont agree doesnt mean I dont appreciate reading your views with the draft.

I got Bush as my curve ball for this draft, every other pick has no contraversy, i just got a feeling, especially if we take Pos, who i know u dont like Pos there, but i think he will be the guy, the hype about Willis got to teams he will be gone before we pick at 12, and i think Beason gets picked by us if we trade down, but Pos if we stay

jamesiscool
04-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I got Bush as my curve ball for this draft, every other pick has no contraversy, i just got a feeling, especially if we take Pos, who i know u dont like Pos there, but i think he will be the guy, the hype about Willis got to teams he will be gone before we pick at 12, and i think Beason gets picked by us if we trade down, but Pos if we stay

if bush is as healthy as his agent/doctor say he is then e would be a steal in round 2/3.

big back, speed, GREAT hands. i love it.

but if he isnt healthy then he's worthless.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
I dont think Buffalo has the LUXURY of taking chances no high risk players like Bush, especially in the second round.

I could see a team like Indy or NE doing it, but not Buffalo.

bigbub2352
04-25-2007, 01:06 PM
I dont think Bush is as high risk as everyone is saying, he broke his leg and didnt do anything to any tendons, or ligaments, doctors are saying he is 99% healthy and just has to get into playing shape, which he has all off season for, it is not like he was injury prone before the injury, how come no one cares that AP broke his collar bone it is the same thing, just think way to much talent to pass up, and we can go out and pick up a Barlow or Brown if he develops slowly

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Poz at 12 is HORRIBLE value. I seriously hope that's not the pick.

ShadowHawk7
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Very agreeable, other than the Bush pick. I'd much rather have Henry, pittman, Irons, or even wait till the 3rd or 4th for a RB.

Devin
04-25-2007, 01:38 PM
Good mock man, like our later picks. Apart the Bush pick id be happy with that.

bigbub2352
04-25-2007, 01:53 PM
I am glad i am getin the reaction i am for the Bush pick, i feel like i am perparing u guys for the inevitable, Pos will be our pick cause that is who i see Marv taken after Willis goes earlier then 12, i think the Bills are sold on Bush, i really do, we will wait and see,

jamze132
04-25-2007, 03:09 PM
Great informative mock. I love the Michael Bush pick in the 2nd.

BILLSROCK1212
04-25-2007, 03:25 PM
Zobransky :lol: it's Zabransky