PDA

View Full Version : It's Looking like Quinn is going to Miami..

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 12:29 PM
Reports flooding from .. uhhhh everywhere are now saying that should Cleveland draft Adrian Peterson third overall (as many expect)- that Miami will move up from #9 to #6 via Washington and draft Brady Quinn. They would also give up a second round pick (they have two) which logically makes sense for both teams (Wash has no second rounder, or third.. or fourth).

Thoughts on Quinn going to Miami?

I'm hoping Clev takes him third instead of AP.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2007, 12:30 PM
I think he will get killed behind their O-line.

gr8slayer
04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Doesn't bother me, they can have him.

justasportsfan
04-25-2007, 12:31 PM
not a Fish type of player Miami. He doesn't have a rap sheet.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 12:33 PM
To me, he's definitely a QB worth building a team around..

Johnny Unitas can play in MIami and it wouldnt matter right now with that OL.. but in a couple of years he could become deadly..

gr8slayer
04-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Considering how many big name first round QB's end up being busts I wouldn't be that worried.

RockStar36
04-25-2007, 12:38 PM
I don't think Brady Quinn will be a bust. It would be a smart move for the Fish.

HAMMER
04-25-2007, 12:46 PM
I don't think Brady Quinn will be a bust. It would be a smart move for the Fish.

I agree, Quinn impresses the hell out of me, on the field and off. I think he will be a very good QB and would like to see him go to Minnesota, not the lowly Fish.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 12:47 PM

Me too. if he gets past Cleveland, he may fall a few picks. Probably not to 12, but maybe enough to give us some leverage in negotiating with San Diego for Turner. I.e., if San Diego knows we can get an all world rookie for our first and 2nd (what it likely takes to move up 4-5 spots and get him), they're going to have to realize that if they want to get a deal done with us for Turner, its going to have to be significantly more attractive. Just a thought.

madness
04-25-2007, 12:51 PM
Quinn could be gone by then. Raiders have reportedly been in talks with CJ, Russell and Quinn. Apparently there is disagreement in the war room. Davis wants Russell, Kiffin wants Quinn and the scouting department wants CJ.

HAMMER
04-25-2007, 12:59 PM
Quinn could be gone by then. Raiders have reportedly been in talks with CJ, Russell and Quinn. Apparently there is disagreement in the war room. Davis wants Russell, Kiffin wants Quinn and the scouting department wants CJ.

I'd take Johnson and get my QB with the first pick of the 2nd rd. I guess they have given up on Walters at this point which I'm not sure I agree with. Takes time to develop a QB.

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Quinn will be an efficient QB for the Fish. I doubt he'll be much of a threat this year, but in a year or two we'll have to watch out for him.

DraftBoy
04-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Quinn will be a solid NFL QB, but by no means the superstar some are making him out to be. They will need to hope Brown comes around, hold on to Chambers, add some WR's, and build an OL still.

madness
04-25-2007, 01:05 PM
I'd take Johnson and get my QB with the first pick of the 2nd rd. I guess they have given up on Walters at this point which I'm not sure I agree with. Takes time to develop a QB.

From what I read, Kiffin and his staff know his time is short lived under Davis and they want the guy that can help them win asap. Quinn is that guy. I could see the Raiders select CJ then auctioning him off right away. Possibly to TB so they can draft Quinn? If Al Davis has his way, they'll be stuck with CJ.

jamesiscool
04-25-2007, 01:11 PM
IF KC lowers their demands for green then the fish will take him.

if not they'll draft quinn if he's around.

Devin
04-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Solid pickup if it happens, I actually think Quinn would be a very good fit there. Especially if they land a mentor for him like Trent Green.

HAMMER
04-25-2007, 01:19 PM
Quinn will be a solid NFL QB, but by no means the superstar some are making him out to be. They will need to hope Brown comes around, hold on to Chambers, add some WR's, and build an OL still.

How do you know how successful he can or can not be?

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 01:22 PM
IF KC lowers their demands for green then the fish will take him.

if not they'll draft quinn if he's around.
They're going to end up with both of them.

justasportsfan
04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
He does look way better than JP coming out of college. Anyone who thinks he won't be good is nuts. I can ony hope that if the fins draft him for some reason, Cam decides to retire next year and Moolarkey becomes their HC :D .

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 01:30 PM
all I know is I dont want to see him twice a year for the better part of the next decade..

I hope he goes to Detroit, Clev or Minnesota.

Mr. Pink
04-25-2007, 01:43 PM
all I know is I dont want to see him twice a year for the better part of the next decade..

I hope he goes to Detroit, Clev or Minnesota.

If he ends up in Cleveland, I'm going to wear my Tim Couch jersey every Sunday during football season. Sure Quinn tore up lesser teams but then he played good teams Michigan, USC for example and he was absolutely terrible. ON TOP OF THE FACT that he didn't run during his pro-day because he pulled his vagina. NO.

Bling
04-25-2007, 05:36 PM
:rofl: Everybody thinks Quinn is a good prospect... until he goes to Miami. Then after Saturday a little past 2:00, opinions will suddenly be "Quinn will be a bust" when he's drafted by Miami.

L.A. Playa
04-25-2007, 05:47 PM
I was at the USC ND game this past year and Quinn played his ass off and gained my respect he was getting killed every play and kept getting up and played pretty damn good in my opinion, I think from seeing taht close up he is gonna be one hell of an NFL QB wherever he ends up and I am far from being a ND fan

!Papacrunk!
04-25-2007, 07:08 PM
It'd be great to land him, but I won't be sore if we don't. If we don't get a chance to pick Quinn, then I'd imagine we will take a stab at a QB with our top 2nd round pick.

camelcowboy
04-25-2007, 07:56 PM
I really believe washington may have deals in place with the dolphins and bills to move down. Miami would move up for quinn, and Buffalo would move up for peterson. I wish the raiders would make a move so this draft can start taking shape.

RedEyE
04-25-2007, 07:57 PM
I see Cleveland drafting Quinn anyway.

Scumbag College
04-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Cleo Lemon isn't the future of Miami?

Bling
04-25-2007, 08:26 PM
I see Cleveland drafting Quinn anyway.

You think Cleveland is going to pass on Peterson?

dolphan117
04-25-2007, 08:39 PM
I am so wanting this to happen... He would fit very well in Cams Air Coryell IMO.

Devin
04-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Reports flooding from .. uhhhh everywhere are now saying that should Cleveland draft Adrian Peterson third overall (as many expect)- that Miami will move up from #9 to #6 via Washington and draft Brady Quinn. They would also give up a second round pick (they have two) which logically makes sense for both teams (Wash has no second rounder, or third.. or fourth).

Thoughts on Quinn going to Miami?

So much for all those "reports flooding in"

Don Banks said earlier today Cleveland was locked in on Quinn and both the FO/Coaches are in agreement finally.

Bling
04-25-2007, 08:51 PM

Don Banks said earlier today Cleveland was locked in on Quinn and both the FO/Coaches are in agreement finally.

I hate these reports. They're all mind games. It's almost better if you don't hear these rumors.

raphael120
04-25-2007, 09:00 PM
If he ends up in Cleveland, I'm going to wear my Tim Couch jersey every Sunday during football season. Sure Quinn tore up lesser teams but then he played good teams Michigan, USC for example and he was absolutely terrible. ON TOP OF THE FACT that he didn't run during his pro-day because he pulled his vagina. NO.

pulled his vagina :lol:

raphael120
04-25-2007, 09:02 PM
apparently oakland made a low-ball offer for quinn because of the fact that it's up to quinn to either take a chance and make some lesser number 1 pick money, or be picked later in the draft and get paid less.

HHURRICANE
04-25-2007, 09:14 PM
If Brady Quinn starts, which is likely if they trade up, than that guarantees us another sweep.

feelthepain
04-25-2007, 10:14 PM
I don't really know what to make of Quinn, he's not a can't miss, nor do I see him trunning into Ryan Leaf. I would not be upset nor thrilled either way. I wouldn't mind trading SF for a couple of extra picks. Taking Okoye and then work on the offense. Saturday is gonna be fun, it's been so long since the Dolphins have a had a full slate of DP's, much less extras. My butt's gonna be planted with everything I need within arms length, I may even put a cot in my office so I only have to leave to go to the bathroom.

Devin
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
I don't really know what to make of Quinn, he's not a can't miss, nor do I see him trunning into Ryan Leaf. I would not be upset nor thrilled either way. I wouldn't mind trading SF for a couple of extra picks. Taking Okoye and then work on the offense. Saturday is gonna be fun, it's been so long since the Dolphins have a had a full slate of DP's, much less extras. My butt's gonna be planted with everything I need within arms length, I may even put a cot in my office so I only have to leave to go to the bathroom.

Amen to that. Tons of possibilities all around.

feelthepain
04-25-2007, 10:18 PM
If Brady Quinn starts, which is likely if they trade up, than that guarantees us another sweep.

Wow, quite unbelievable, you better hope and pray everyone you draft is a starter....and a very good one! Cause you need a lot more help then Miami does. Miami only needs to fix one side of the ball, and the side of the ball Miami doesn't need to fix is top 5. The Bills need help on both sides and neither side is even close to top 5. And JP is far from being reliable. If you think the problems Miami had on offense...all the injuries will happen again this year, it's possible, but not likely. Cam Cameron will add quite a bit to the offensive side of the ball for the Dolphins.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-25-2007, 10:24 PM
I can agree with you guys that think he will be effecient. He won't be much more than that. Mike Mula, errr, Terry Shea will have his work cut out for him in order to get Quinn ready to play. There are a few problems I have seen with Quinn. He struggles throwing to his left, he overthrows a lot (luckily Jeff Szmarzia was 7' tall), and a lot of his throws were very short passes. He will have to work on these areas to become an efficient NFL qb. He was absolutely brutal against better competition. He does come from a good quarterback coach and he is a smart kid. That might not be enough. If a team throws him in as their starter this year he will probably be a bust.

Just so I know, those of you said that you were very impressed with him, what games did you watch? Army? Navy?

!Papacrunk!
04-26-2007, 07:18 AM

I really could see Cleveland picking Quinn, especially with the whole Crennel and Weis connection.

don137
04-26-2007, 07:21 AM
I really could see Cleveland picking Quinn, especially with the whole Crennel and Weis connection.
Good point. Plus, like I said in another thread, the Browns have Lewis this year and next year is deep at RB so they can have Quinn learn the system this year and get there franchise back next year. Plus, its tougher getting a franchise QB than a franchise RB.