PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo/Turner News

Mudflap1
04-25-2007, 01:22 PM
It is looking like at least a 70% chance that San Diego will not have Michael Turner when the 2007 season begins. While there is some thought that the Titans are the team most interested in Turner, I think the Bills will be the ones who end up with Turner if they are unable to make a move on Adrian Peterson by trading up. Buffalo might get a deal done during the draft that would send at least their second rounder this year (#43) along with an additional pick to the Chargers for Turner.

www.benmaller.com

Jon

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
before we get all excited about turner yet again, is there any evidence that suggests Turner and his agent have been in contact with Buffalo regarding a contract? That's the big potential sticking point here.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Nice..

THis really could work for TWO reasons
1- They obviously get a good RB who can do damage
2- THey keep the 12th pick, in which they can do what they need to do to get the best LB possible..

If it's Saturday night around 8pm and this team ends up with Patrick Willis and Michael Turner; I think you'd have to have some serious issues to find something to ***** about for day one. Realistically I think that's about as good as it can get. I dont even think me or OP could ***** about that.. Although The odds are one or both of us would find a way.

Im sure Ill hate the third round pick or something (at least I admit it)

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
also, is this credible? The Chargers have come down a LONG way from their original demands.

Earthquake Enyart
04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
also, is this credible? The Chargers have come down a LONG way from their original demands.
It's on Foxsports. It's obviously not credible.

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
I think the reason nobody has signed CHris Brown is because of Turner.

I'll bet that Monday morning Brown signs with SOME team..

Mudflap1
04-25-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm currently trying to run some scenarios of which the Bills can leave the weekend with Briggs, Turner, LJ (nice backfield), Willis, Rice/Meachem/Smith, and a 3rd string QB. So far it's not working out well...

Jon

justasportsfan
04-25-2007, 01:31 PM
before we get all excited about turner yet again, is there any evidence that suggests Turner and his agent have been in contact with Buffalo regarding a contract? That's the big potential sticking point here.

If there is one, you won't hear anythng about it. That would ruin the bills' draft strategy.

Earthquake Enyart
I'm currently trying to run some scenarios of which the Bills can leave the weekend with Briggs, Turner, LJ (nice backfield), Willis, Rice/Meachem/Smith, and a 3rd string QB. So far it's not working out well...

Jon
You need to go to the anti-matter universe for all that to happen.

Mr. Miyagi
I dont even think me or OP could ***** about that.. Although The odds are one or both of us would find a way.
:rofl: Took the words right out of my mouth! BRAVO!!!!!!!! :bf1:

patmoran2006
you forgot Ben Patrick at tight end.

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM

Jon
Give Dan Synder a call. He'd be able to help you.

jamesiscool
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
I think a second for turner is a fair deal. should make both sides happy.

I'd love to see him here. now lets make it happen marv.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Like I've been saying in just about every thread around here, turner with our 2nd and maybe a pick next year (or a late rounder this year) is about the best possible outcome we could realistically hope for. it gets us either the 1st or 2nd best LB in this year's draft at 12 AND a RB who looks like he's poised to explode into stardom.

justasportsfan
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
In the end, I think both Briggs and Turner will be a bill depending on whether we draft AP.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 01:37 PM
Give Dan Synder a call. He'd be able to help you.

Dan Snyder can buy free agents but not draft picks.

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 01:39 PM
If there is one, you won't hear anythng about it. That would ruin the bills' draft strategy.
well I can live with that- I understand the Bills wanting to keep it quiet. But wouldn't Turner's agent try to use any Bills offer as leverage with Tennessee?

justasportsfan
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
well But wouldn't Turner's agent try to use any Bills offer as leverage with Tennessee? Maybe a contract is already on the table and both teams know but aren't willing to pull the plug til draft day? :idunno:

I think the bills are the frontrunner but will only push through depending on whether we end up getting AP. If we get AP then Turner goes to the titans? :idunno:

Yasgur's Farm
04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
In the end, I think both Briggs and Turner will be a bill depending on whether we draft AP.Outstanding day 1.

I think the bills are the frontrunner but will only push through depending on whether we end up getting AP. If we get AP then Turner goes to the titans? :idunno:Briggs and Peterson... The ultimate day 1!!!

BILLSROCK1212
04-25-2007, 05:53 PM
is lance zierlin related to larry?

Tatonka
04-25-2007, 11:01 PM
i still have my fingers crossed hoping this goes down.. i really think that i like turner more than AP at this point with the injury conerns..

i will be on a cruise in bermuda that leaves saaturday morning at 9 am.. i will be able to watch day one (keep an eye on it at least).. but i am praying i get a text message about the trade going down.

camelcowboy
04-25-2007, 11:03 PM
I think the LJ talk will in the end cement the turner trade for a second rounder. I do think the bills may have a shot at peterson because the browns will not take AP. " I believe they leaked the report of his injury so the could take quinn without taking heat."

Michael82
04-26-2007, 12:54 AM
i still have my fingers crossed hoping this goes down.. i really think that i like turner more than AP at this point with the injury conerns..

i will be on a cruise in bermuda that leaves saaturday morning at 9 am.. i will be able to watch day one (keep an eye on it at least).. but i am praying i get a text message about the trade going down.
IMO, it's just a matter of how early Peterson goes...then the Bills will call up the Chargers and get Turner to Buffalo for a physical and give their 2nd rounder. :up:

Michael82
04-26-2007, 12:56 AM
Maybe a contract is already on the table and both teams know but aren't willing to pull the plug til draft day? :idunno:

I think the bills are the frontrunner but will only push through depending on whether we end up getting AP. If we get AP then Turner goes to the titans? :idunno:
Excellent post! I've been thinking the same thing. :bf1:

don137
04-26-2007, 06:08 AM
There is no need to pull a deal until the draft to see how it unfolds. It only makes sense. If the Bills go RB in round 1 then the Titans is the only serious player for Turner and he might be had for a 3rd and a conditional 3rd or 4th next year. The Bills want to wait and see how the top 11 plays out.

Michael82
04-26-2007, 03:25 PM
There is no need to pull a deal until the draft to see how it unfolds. It only makes sense. If the Bills go RB in round 1 then the Titans is the only serious player for Turner and he might be had for a 3rd and a conditional 3rd or 4th next year. The Bills want to wait and see how the top 11 plays out.
exactly!

Night Train
04-26-2007, 04:34 PM
i will be on a cruise in bermuda that leaves saturday morning at 9 am..

You'll have a blast ! That's what the wifey and I did for our Honeymoon years back. Drink plenty and enjoy yourself. Bermuda is fantastic !

Luisito23
04-26-2007, 07:02 PM
In the end, I think both Briggs and Turner will be a bill depending on whether we draft AP.

As Mikey would say....:drool:....

GO BILLS!!!!!

X-Era
04-26-2007, 07:09 PM
Outstanding day 1.
Briggs and Peterson... The ultimate day 1!!!

If that happened Id personally send ****** up to OBD to blow Marv!

That would be one amazing day!

We could STILL have a day one pick or dare I say it two and end up with yet another LB and/or a WR!