PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone confirm This about LJ?

BigGabes23
04-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I just got a phone call from a friend that said that he was listening to Sirus radio, and said that the Chiefs are in "serious" negoations with the Browns, Bills, and Titans to trade Larry Johnson.

Can anyone confirm?

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 01:39 PM
nope, can't confirm. but if the Chiefs want to trade him, now's the time to do it. I don't know what Sirius meant when they said "serious" negotiations were taking place, but the Browns, Bills and Titans are certainly teams that would be first on my call list if I were the KCGM.

I'm finding this LJ talk extremely surprising. I was not at all expecting that we'd ever be discussing this.

THATHURMANATOR
04-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Well we have about 10 other threads about this today but since I am not Marv Levy I can't confirm. How bout if the Browns get him. We would have a better chance to get AP.

Devin
04-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Even if we some how make the trade (almost scary to think what it may cost) next we have to sign him.

Less then LT more then Mcgahee. I think we are looking at roughly a 50 mil deal.

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2007, 01:42 PM
I think "serious" negotiation means the conversation didn't go like "hey you guys want LJ?" "yeah sure I'll give you a 5th for him?" "sounds good we'll even throw in a Gonzalez in the deal if you upgrade it to a 4th" "haha good one"...

Mr. Pink
04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
I'd be more than happy to take LJ off the Chiefs hands for a 1st round pick!

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 01:45 PM
8 years.. 60 million

Mr. Pink
04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
8 years.. 60 million

and worth every penny. But you know it's gonna be backloaded, so it's going to be more of a 7 year 45 million dollar deal. Thing is, he's gonna want at least 12 upfront guaranteed.

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 01:47 PM
I think "serious" negotiation means the conversation didn't go like "hey you guys want LJ?" "yeah sure I'll give you a 5th for him?" "sounds good we'll even throw in a Gonzalez in the deal if you upgrade it to a 4th" "haha good one"...

Yeah. what I meant up above was that if KC is shopping him, I'm sure we're talking to them about what it would take to get it done. But if we're actually negotiating for real, as if a deal might really get done, I'll be shocked. that'll mean Ralph was just foolin with all that cash to cap business, as I read somewhere earlier to day that LJ wants 60M to be on par with or a little above the contract LaDanian got.

jdbillsfan
04-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Well if Cleveland gets him, then we have a better shot at AD at least.

Mudflap1
04-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Look at it this way...

There are four running backs sitting out there, good ones: LJ, Turner, Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch. There are four teams that really need a tailback: Buffalo, Tennessee, Green Bay, and Cleveland. So there's a decent chance each team will get one of these guys. However, the wrench in the gears is K.C. If they give up LJ, they'll need a guy too.

We don't want the Browns to get LJ. That's the best deal for K.C. and is basically saying K.C. will get the 3rd pick in the draft and in doing so, Peterson. So it's a Peterson-LJ trade in essence.

If Tennessee gets LJ, then that frees up the Bills with a lot of bargaining power to land Michael Turner. It's possible K.C. could enter into those sweepstakes, but doubtful since the reason they are getting rid of a stud RB is because of $$.

Green Bay is probably the least likely to trade for LJ and Turner. The reason being is Lynch is sitting right in their laps to draft at their position most likely. However, if Green Bay does trade for LJ, then they probably give up their first round pick, which enables K.C. to draft Lynch.

Or course, it's possible LJ (or Turner) doesn't get traded at all. However, once you open up Pandora's Box with a player and put him on the block, it's usually just a matter of time.

It's all a ripple effect. I think Tennessee is interested in LJ at the right price, but they want to see if 1) SD drops it's price for Turner before the draft, and 2) see if Lynch stays until pick 19. I think Green Bay simply wants to draft Lynch, but if they'll talk about Turner and LJ, but probably only execute a deal if it would be hypothetically equal or better to them than drafting Lynch. I think Cleveland wants a stud back and is going to take AP if they can't trade for LJ. LJ is a proven commodity with no injury concerns as of now, so if they can nab him, let K.C. draft LJ with their pick, and maybe get some lagniappe with a pick thrown in from K.C. or something, they might want to do that.

That leaves Buffalo. What will they do? Honestly, they can't make the best offer to K.C. probably, that would be Cleveland with the #3 pick and a virtual guarantee of drafting Peterson. They can however make the second best offer potentially if Cleveland falls through (because they have better picks than GB or Tenn). I think Buffalo waits to see if Cleveland falls through. If so, then when pick #12 comes up on the clock, they have some bargaining power with the Chiefs and Chargers. That's what I think they're hoping to do. Then let the best deal prevail.

Don't totally forget about Briggs either.

Jon

Mudflap1
04-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Well if Cleveland gets him, then we have a better shot at AD at least.

Don't be naive. We have no shot that way. Any deal with K.C. and Cleveland will involve the #3 pick going to K.C., which means Adrian Peterson will be a Chief. We don't want that to happen.

Jon

HHURRICANE
04-25-2007, 02:01 PM
I just got a phone call from a friend that said that he was listening to Sirus radio, and said that the Chiefs are in "serious" negoations with the Browns, Bills, and Titans to trade Larry Johnson.

Can anyone confirm?

I heard the same thing at 2:50PM!!!!!!!! Just got bact to my office and was checking on here to see WTF was going on!!!

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Whats going on is your about to hear 35 responses on why we SHOULDNT trade for one of the best five players in the entire NFL, regardless of position.

That's what is going on.

Devin
04-25-2007, 02:12 PM
:yawn:

patmoran2006
04-25-2007, 02:16 PM
and worth every penny. But you know it's gonna be backloaded, so it's going to be more of a 7 year 45 million dollar deal. Thing is, he's gonna want at least 12 upfront guaranteed.
YOu aint gotta convince me.

If the Bills somehow got LJ we'd have one of the deadliest offenses in the NFL. I dare you to stack 8 men up on the line, because JP will go deep to Evans all day if you do.

This would be the biggest trade in the history of the franchise IMO.. Well, at least since I've been following the Bills.

They would become playoff contenders TOMMOROW if that deal went down.

jamze132
04-25-2007, 02:32 PM
Well we have about 10 other threads about this today but since I am not Marv Levy I can't confirm. How bout if the Browns get him. We would have a better chance to get AP.
Only if Patrick Willis is off the board.

BILLSROCK1212
04-25-2007, 02:33 PM
the only thing is i have a feeling that they would swap firsts