X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xXSpIkes5IXx
    • Mar 2006

Dealing for LJ doesnt make sense.

Honestly, if we trade for a running back, i want it to be Turner...heres why

First of all Turner's contract will be sizeable, but not as large as the deal we would have to give Johnson. Secondly Turner is 2 years younger, and has much less mileage on him than LJ, who carried the ball over 750 times over the last 2 seasons. With JP and Lee's rookie contracts soon to expire, we will need the money we can save here.

Secondly, our D is in SERIOUS trouble, and Larry Johnson's will be had for no less than a first rounder. We need to stay in the first round to get an impact player to lead the defense, cause there is no way we are starting Coy Wire at linebacker this year. If we can get Turner for 2 thirds or a second and a 3rd i personally think its a better deal than giving up potentially a 1st and a 3rd for LJ, even though he is a workhorse, playmaking back that can change games.
  • Bills4Life34
    • Apr 2007

Re: Dealing for LJ dosent make sense.

LJ Over Turner any day of the week enough said!!

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bills4Life34
      LJ Over Turner any day of the week enough said!!
      You can't make decisions in a vacuum. Gotta take other factors into account
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by xXSpIkes5IXx
        Honestly, if we trade for a running back, i want it to be Turner...heres why

First of all Turner's contract will be sizeable, but not as large as the deal we would have to give Johnson. Secondly Turner is 2 years younger, and has much less mileage on him than LJ, who carried the ball over 750 times over the last 2 seasons. With JP and Lee's rookie contracts soon to expire, we will need the money we can save here.

Secondly, our D is in SERIOUS trouble, and Larry Johnson's will be had for no less than a first rounder. We need to stay in the first round to get an impact player to lead the defense, cause there is no way we are starting Coy Wire at linebacker this year. If we can get Turner for 2 thirds or a second and a 3rd i personally think its a better deal than giving up potentially a 1st and a 3rd for LJ, even though he is a workhorse, playmaking back that can change games.
        Solid, sensible post.

Leave here immediately.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
          Solid, sensible post.

Leave here immediately.
          Agreed.

If you can get the no. 2 back in the league, with the improved line, J.P., Evans, etc., why wouldn't you do that? Sorry, but if you can trade for LJ, you do it.

Sometimes you guys try to be "junior accountants" too much when you should just make a bold move. This isn't the Redskins, the Bills don't do this very often. They need to get this one done.

However, Turner wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.

Jon

Comment

• Bills4Life34
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            Agreed.

If you can get the no. 2 back in the league, with the improved line, J.P., Evans, etc., why wouldn't you do that? Sorry, but if you can trade for LJ, you do it.

Sometimes you guys try to be "junior accountants" too much when you should just make a bold move. This isn't the Redskins, the Bills don't do this very often. They need to get this one done.

Jon
            Great points...

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
              Agreed.

Jon
              I need to work on my sarcasm more.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                Peterman Sucks!
                • Mar 2006

I'd give up all of our Day 1 picks to bring a guy of this caliber in. Especially when we're looking at A-Train and his 3.5 YPC as our starter right now. LJ would bring instant credibility to our offense.

Go ahead put 8 guys in the box to stop LJ...Losman go call play pass and go up top to Evans. Oh, you want to respect our deep threat and play the safeties back? Here LJ go pick up 5 yards.

How can you not value a guy like this in the offense and what he would do in terms of our defense being on the sidelines for more than half of the game?

I was exaggerating on what I'd give up for him, but I'd very well give up my 1st, 2nd and a 4th for the guy. Take the two 3rds and draft Quincy Black and Justin Durant at LB.

If you honestly think our team wouldn't be better off on each Sunday with that scenario going down then now, you need help.

This doesn't even begin to get into the fact that EVERY home game would be sold out, we'd have national media care about Bills football in a positive manner and we'd get more nationally televised games. What does that all equal? More people in the country caring about Buffalo Bills football and buying gear and merchandise.

Ralph, it's time to realize in order to make money, you gotta spend some money.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
                  I need to work on my sarcasm more.
                  I do agree it was a sensible post, but it's too conservative. Rarely does a team like the Bills get an opportunity to make a big splash, where they can get a lot of revenue from (likely) boosted ticket sales, merchandise, not to mention the passing game will be automatically improved with a better line, better back, and 8 men in the box. And the guy said he would probably like it here.

Now's the time to make a big move.

Jon

Comment

• Buffalo Sabres
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    I'd give up all of our Day 1 picks to bring a guy of this caliber in. Especially when we're looking at A-Train and his 3.5 YPC as our starter right now. LJ would bring instant credibility to our offense.

Go ahead put 8 guys in the box to stop LJ...Losman go call play pass and go up top to Evans. Oh, you want to respect our deep threat and play the safeties back? Here LJ go pick up 5 yards.

How can you not value a guy like this in the offense and what he would do in terms of our defense being on the sidelines for more than half of the game?

I was exaggerating on what I'd give up for him, but I'd very well give up my 1st, 2nd and a 4th for the guy. Take the two 3rds and draft Quincy Black and Justin Durant at LB.

If you honestly think our team wouldn't be better off on each Sunday with that scenario going down then now, you need help.

This doesn't even begin to get into the fact that EVERY home game would be sold out, we'd have national media care about Bills football in a positive manner and we'd get more nationally televised games. What does that all equal? More people in the country caring about Buffalo Bills football and buying gear and merchandise.

Ralph, it's time to realize in order to make money, you gotta spend some money.
                    Single handedly the #1 post i've heard EVER, someone finally get's it! LJ will open up the passing game, keep the defense off the field, make $, and when we need a couple yards to get a first to grind out/win a game he'll be there!!

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

you know size wise Chris Henry is a Larry Johnson clone with more speed

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

Kansas City has reportedly spoken with the Browns, Bills, Titans, and Packers, though the Chiefs deny that any of the talks have been "specific." We suspect the Chiefs are willing to deal Johnson for multiple picks, and not necessarily a first-rounder, to address their long list of needs

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

I do love that the Chiefs may force AJ Smiths stubborn ass to be reasonable.
                          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Buffalo Sabres
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                            Kansas City has reportedly spoken with the Browns, Bills, Titans, and Packers, though the Chiefs deny that any of the talks have been "specific." We suspect the Chiefs are willing to deal Johnson for multiple picks, and not necessarily a first-rounder, to address their long list of needs
                            keep our 1st for a LB then 2-7(8 picks) off to KC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• jamesiscool
                              suck it fool.
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                              you know size wise Chris Henry is a Larry Johnson clone with more speed
                              comparing chris henry to LJ is kind of idioitc if u ask me.
                              Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

Working...
                              X