• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Adrian Peterson RE-INJURED

Former Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, an almost certain top-10 pick in the first round of Saturday's NFL draft, re-injured his collarbone in the Sooners' loss in the Fiesta Bowl on New Year's Day -- an injury that has not been previously disclosed except to NFL teams.

Peterson broke his collarbone on Oct. 14 against Iowa State and missed the rest of Oklahoma's regular season, returning for the first time in the bowl game against Boise State. Peterson made NFL teams aware of the re-injury at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

But at least two teams that SI.com spoke to acknowledged that Peterson's health was a consideration in their draft analysis.

A high-level source on one team said the evaluation of his team's medical staff was that Peterson will require a surgical procedure, which would delay his availability at the start of training camp and perhaps longer. That team estimated Peterson would be sidelined after the procedure for "two or three months." That would likely mean Peterson would miss the entire offseason workouts of the team that drafted him and make him questionable for the early part of the preseason.

"Because of him re-injuring it in the bowl game, it's not as far along as it should be, it's not healed," said a team executive. "He lost three months with the re-injury. The question is, will it be healed enough to take a hit. Or will he hurt it again, the way [ex-Detroit receiver Charles Rogers] kept doing.

• HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Adrian Peterson RE-INJURED

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• MarvLevy
      Can I get some power to give REP?
      • Jul 2005

thats ok...he came back to early! hopefully he'll fall to us....

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Don Banks doesn't usually make stuff up, but this could be one of those stories released just days before the draft to lessen a high players value. I'm sure Banks got the info from a "reliable" source, but he could end up being a patsy in a well out scheme to lower AP's value.

Comment

• MarvLevy
          Can I get some power to give REP?
          • Jul 2005

if the Browns take Quinn, he could fall to us...

Comment

• Illmatic15
            • Mar 2007

Howcome this wasnt mentioned earlier...

Ashton Youbotys #1 fan! reppin Liberia
            GET WELL SOON KEVIN EVERETT!

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
              Former Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, an almost certain top-10 pick in the first round of Saturday's NFL draft, re-injured his collarbone in the Sooners' loss in the Fiesta Bowl on New Year's Day -- an injury that has not been previously disclosed except to NFL teams.

Peterson broke his collarbone on Oct. 14 against Iowa State and missed the rest of Oklahoma's regular season, returning for the first time in the bowl game against Boise State. Peterson made NFL teams aware of the re-injury at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

But at least two teams that SI.com spoke to acknowledged that Peterson's health was a consideration in their draft analysis.

A high-level source on one team said the evaluation of his team's medical staff was that Peterson will require a surgical procedure, which would delay his availability at the start of training camp and perhaps longer. That team estimated Peterson would be sidelined after the procedure for "two or three months." That would likely mean Peterson would miss the entire offseason workouts of the team that drafted him and make him questionable for the early part of the preseason.

"Because of him re-injuring it in the bowl game, it's not as far along as it should be, it's not healed," said a team executive. "He lost three months with the re-injury. The question is, will it be healed enough to take a hit. Or will he hurt it again, the way [ex-Detroit receiver Charles Rogers] kept doing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...son/index.html
              It makes ZERO difference to me. Collar bone is an easy one to heal, and non-critical.

Even if true, we couldnt start A-train for the first few games? Id trust A-train that long, just not the whole season.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

This reeks of bull, coming as close to the draft as it does. Teams would have known about this for some time, and it comes out now?

This report is total crap.

Comment

• Bling
                  • Jul 2004

I guess you guys haven't been watching the draft lately. Ever notice these leaks that mysteriously appear before the draft? BULL****!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I didn't want Peterson before today, I don't want him now.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

peterson's like that WR in detroit.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Gms always send out bull**** to try to get other teams to pass on prospects.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                          Gms always send out bull**** to try to get other teams to pass on prospects.

where's ICE?he knows the scoop.
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                            where's ICE?he knows the scoop.
                            I think we all have to come to terms with the fact that ICE is no more.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                              I think we all have to come to terms with the fact that ICE is no more.

Comment

Working...
                              X