PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Peterson RE-INJURED

BILLSROCK1212
04-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Former Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, an almost certain top-10 pick in the first round of Saturday's NFL draft, re-injured his collarbone in the Sooners' loss in the Fiesta Bowl on New Year's Day -- an injury that has not been previously disclosed except to NFL teams.

Peterson broke his collarbone on Oct. 14 against Iowa State and missed the rest of Oklahoma's regular season, returning for the first time in the bowl game against Boise State. Peterson made NFL teams aware of the re-injury at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

But at least two teams that SI.com spoke to acknowledged that Peterson's health was a consideration in their draft analysis.

A high-level source on one team said the evaluation of his team's medical staff was that Peterson will require a surgical procedure, which would delay his availability at the start of training camp and perhaps longer. That team estimated Peterson would be sidelined after the procedure for "two or three months." That would likely mean Peterson would miss the entire offseason workouts of the team that drafted him and make him questionable for the early part of the preseason.

"Because of him re-injuring it in the bowl game, it's not as far along as it should be, it's not healed," said a team executive. "He lost three months with the re-injury. The question is, will it be healed enough to take a hit. Or will he hurt it again, the way [ex-Detroit receiver Charles Rogers] kept doing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/peterson/index.html

HHURRICANE
04-25-2007, 06:11 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarvLevy
04-25-2007, 06:13 PM
thats ok...he came back to early! hopefully he'll fall to us....

RedEyE
04-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Don Banks doesn't usually make stuff up, but this could be one of those stories released just days before the draft to lessen a high players value. I'm sure Banks got the info from a "reliable" source, but he could end up being a patsy in a well out scheme to lower AP's value.

MarvLevy
04-25-2007, 06:19 PM
if the Browns take Quinn, he could fall to us...

Illmatic15
04-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Howcome this wasnt mentioned earlier...

X-Era
04-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Former Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson, an almost certain top-10 pick in the first round of Saturday's NFL draft, re-injured his collarbone in the Sooners' loss in the Fiesta Bowl on New Year's Day -- an injury that has not been previously disclosed except to NFL teams.

Peterson broke his collarbone on Oct. 14 against Iowa State and missed the rest of Oklahoma's regular season, returning for the first time in the bowl game against Boise State. Peterson made NFL teams aware of the re-injury at the NFL Scouting Combine in February.

But at least two teams that SI.com spoke to acknowledged that Peterson's health was a consideration in their draft analysis.

A high-level source on one team said the evaluation of his team's medical staff was that Peterson will require a surgical procedure, which would delay his availability at the start of training camp and perhaps longer. That team estimated Peterson would be sidelined after the procedure for "two or three months." That would likely mean Peterson would miss the entire offseason workouts of the team that drafted him and make him questionable for the early part of the preseason.

"Because of him re-injuring it in the bowl game, it's not as far along as it should be, it's not healed," said a team executive. "He lost three months with the re-injury. The question is, will it be healed enough to take a hit. Or will he hurt it again, the way [ex-Detroit receiver Charles Rogers] kept doing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/04/25/peterson/index.html

It makes ZERO difference to me. Collar bone is an easy one to heal, and non-critical.

Even if true, we couldnt start A-train for the first few games? Id trust A-train that long, just not the whole season.

Ickybaluky
04-25-2007, 06:38 PM
This reeks of bull, coming as close to the draft as it does. Teams would have known about this for some time, and it comes out now?

This report is total crap.

Bling
04-25-2007, 06:47 PM
:rofl: I guess you guys haven't been watching the draft lately. Ever notice these leaks that mysteriously appear before the draft? BULL****!!!!

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I didn't want Peterson before today, I don't want him now.

SABURZFAN
04-25-2007, 08:07 PM
peterson's like that WR in detroit. :down:

SquishDaFish
04-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Gms always send out bull**** to try to get other teams to pass on prospects.

SABURZFAN
04-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Gms always send out bull**** to try to get other teams to pass on prospects.

where's ICE?he knows the scoop. :up:

Saratoga Slim
04-25-2007, 09:11 PM
where's ICE?he knows the scoop. :up:

I think we all have to come to terms with the fact that ICE is no more.

SABURZFAN
04-25-2007, 09:15 PM

:wail:

ParanoidAndroid
04-25-2007, 09:35 PM
ICE is gone and the **** stirrer role has been effectively taken over by......whoops! I forgot his name. :hitself:

Mitchy moo
04-25-2007, 09:55 PM
marv leaked this rumor.

Ed
04-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Hey, if this story somehow improves are chances of landing Peterson, more power to it.

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 10:15 PM
this story makes NO difference whatsoever. First, a collarbone injury isn't major, especially when it has 8 months to heal before game day.

Second, the NFL teams knew about this and it hasn't stopped scouts or GM's from talking about AP in the highest regard. This injury simply doesn't matter to the NFL teams.

Tatonka
04-25-2007, 10:46 PM
It makes ZERO difference to me. Collar bone is an easy one to heal, and non-critical.

Even if true, we couldnt start A-train for the first few games? Id trust A-train that long, just not the whole season.

didnt a collarbone cost charles rogers 2 full seasons?

gr8slayer
04-25-2007, 10:48 PM
didnt a collarbone cost charles rogers 2 full seasons?
And his career.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2007, 10:51 PM
And his career.

The drug suspensions were just as big of a problem.

Tatonka
04-25-2007, 10:52 PM
the collar bone didnt end his career.. his lack of heart and desire did that..

but the collar bone cost him 2 years (although i am sure he didnt mind sitting around and collecting a check.

TacklingDummy
04-25-2007, 11:52 PM

He melted?

HAMMER
04-26-2007, 08:47 AM
I am getting leery of AP with these injury issues.

CSFAN
04-26-2007, 08:51 AM
This is one of those good news/bad news things. Good news: teams will be more hesitant about him, and it's more likely he'll fall to us.

Bad news: teams will be more hesitant about him, and it's more likely he'll fall to us.