PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else hope Mel Kiper gets the flu this week?

MarvLevy
04-25-2007, 07:41 PM
I think he ruins the whole day listening to him.

BILLSROCK1212
04-25-2007, 07:47 PM
I think he ruins the whole day listening to him.
he is the reason we even watch the draft....he doesn't get nearly the respect he diserves

SquishDaFish
04-25-2007, 07:54 PM
I dont mind him. But thats what NFLNetwork and Sirius are for lol

Ickybaluky
04-25-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm watching NFL Network. I could care less about Kiper, and the ESPN coverage is too much fluff and not enough substance, IMO.

Mr. Miyagi
04-25-2007, 07:56 PM
I don't have the dish. And Charter doesn't carry NFLN. :(

MarvLevy
04-25-2007, 07:58 PM
he is the reason we even watch the draft....he doesn't get nearly the respect he diserves

are you kidding? that guy is clueless! all he does is confuse people!

SquishDaFish
04-25-2007, 07:59 PM
You should def get Direct Tv and if you do let me know. If u use my acc # then we both get $50 off our bills.

The Spaz
04-25-2007, 08:02 PM
He's part of the reason why the draft got so big. The man is a legend, hair or no hair!:)

The Spaz
04-25-2007, 08:03 PM
He's been doing the draft thing for over 25 years which says something.

MarvLevy
04-25-2007, 08:03 PM
You should def get Direct Tv and if you do let me know. If u use my acc # then we both get $50 off our bills.

what do u mean?

MarvLevy
04-25-2007, 08:10 PM

ive been drafting for about 15!

The Spaz
04-25-2007, 08:53 PM
ive been drafting for about 15!

For who?

Devin
04-25-2007, 09:12 PM

You would think hed be better at it.

G. Host
04-25-2007, 09:15 PM

He gets all of the respect he deserves from me - none. You and Bling would make a nice pair.

LtFinFan66
04-25-2007, 09:23 PM
:shakeno: Mel is the draft

MarvLevy
04-25-2007, 09:27 PM
He gets all of the respect he deserves from me - none. You and Bling would make a nice pair.

Exactly... he is a moron.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-25-2007, 10:33 PM
No, he is OK. The person that really bugs me is Berman.

MarvLevy
04-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Mort has the best info.

BILLSROCK1212
04-25-2007, 10:36 PM
Mel may not be the best....but look the guy does his homeworl on the college players just not enough on the NFL teams....he does his job about as good as anyone else and has less time to do it with all of the TV and radio interviews....give him a break

MarvLevy
04-25-2007, 10:38 PM
no time to do it? are u kidding? he has alll the damn time in the world!

mikemac2001
04-25-2007, 10:59 PM

ill be in denver dont know what they got...sucks im gonna have to leave at like 4 to go watch DEN vs SA game so gonna miss rd 2

BILLSROCK1212
04-25-2007, 11:04 PM
no time to do it? are u kidding? he has alll the damn time in the world!not as much time as most of the draft experts.....the guy may not do the best job and probably not the best mock drafts but his talent evaluations are pretty good

tat2dmike77
04-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Hey here is an idea. Since this is america why don't you watch something else or hey go outside and enjoy your weekend. Why sit inside all weekend to watch a bunch of old guys sit around and talk about what they would do different. The draft is just a big guessing game after the 1st and 2nd pick. Actually this year it's a guess after the 1st pick. So who cares.

tat2dmike77
04-25-2007, 11:07 PM
ill be in denver dont know what they got...sucks im gonna have to leave at like 4 to go watch DEN vs SA game so gonna miss rd 2

hell dude the way the draft goes you will probly miss picks 18-32 and the 2nd rd.

I never understood why teams wait the entire 15 minutes. Like this year watch oakland will take the entire 15 minutes to walk up and say jamarcus russell. I wonder if ESPN has the teams take thier time so they can give thier so called expertise on the draft.

mikemac2001
04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
hell dude the way the draft goes you will probly miss picks 18-32 and the 2nd rd.

I never understood why teams wait the entire 15 minutes. Like this year watch oakland will take the entire 15 minutes to walk up and say jamarcus russell. I wonder if ESPN has the teams take thier time so they can give thier so called expertise on the draft.

i know im worried about a trade down and i dont find out...ill probally see if someone can just text me pics or send it threw my aim (which goes to phone)

Dont drink the water
04-26-2007, 06:28 AM

Good reason not to get them if he is a feature.

Jan Reimers
04-26-2007, 07:12 AM
Kiper is a gas bag with no visible talent, yet he's thought to be a guru.

Which means there's hope for all of us.

TedMock
04-26-2007, 07:51 AM
Mel may not be the best....but look the guy does his homeworl on the college players just not enough on the NFL teams....he does his job about as good as anyone else and has less time to do it with all of the TV and radio interviews....give him a break

I agree. Mel does an excellent job of breaking down the college players. Nobody can dispute that. Where he stinks is at discussing NFL team needs. He's definitely not an NFL guy. It's pretty obvious that he spends 99% of his job on the college players.

This is why I like Mayock better. He has a good grasp on both sides.

jamze132
04-26-2007, 09:58 AM
I agree. Mel does an excellent job of breaking down the college players. Nobody can dispute that. Where he stinks is at discussing NFL team needs. He's definitely not an NFL guy. It's pretty obvious that he spends 99% of his job on the college players.

This is why I like Mayock better. He has a good grasp on both sides.
Kiper doesn't take anything about the organization into account until Mayock releases his mock draft, then Mel, goes back and updates his since he is a tool.

madness
04-26-2007, 10:12 AM
http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/drew/archives/Drew0422.gif

madness
04-26-2007, 10:17 AM
:rofl: Here's a classic..

Mel Kiper Totally Forgets About Draft

BRISTOL, CT--NFL draft guru Mel Kiper is scrambling to get up to speed on the this year’s draft after being reminded just two days ago that it was rapidly approaching. Kiper, who says he “totally forgot” about the draft until now, has been on the phone interviewing coaches and agents as he tries to cram for next weekend.
“Aaah! **** **** ****!” yelled Kiper when it dawned on him that an entire year had gone by since the last draft. “What was I thinking? Oh, I’m so darn forgetful sometimes. I hope I can get up to speed before this weekend, otherwise I’m going to look pretty stupid on ESPN. I’m just going to have to start making stuff up, I guess. It’s not like anyone’s going to notice. I’ll just scream my opinions really loud so people have to take them seriously. It works for everyone else over there.”
Kiper attributed his forgetfulness to many factors, including his new hobby collecting stamps and his recent obsession with the reality show American Idol.
“I made a promise to myself after last year’s draft to broaden my horizons a little,” Kiper said. “You know, I was so burnt out from all the facts and figures and stats that I wanted to distance myself from it. One of my friends suggested stamp collecting, which is a very calm and relaxing way to pass your time. I’ve totally gotten into it. Plus, they put that show American Idol on twice every week. Twice! I don’t know why they do it, but it’s really gotten me hooked. I’m pulling for Scott Savol. He may be a little raw, but he has tremendous upside.”
Kiper is grateful that he happened upon an article in USA Today about Alex Smith two days ago. It was a complete accident, yet Kiper believes someone up there is looking out for him.
“Talk about a coincidence,” he said. “I’m totally forgetting about the draft, it’s like a week away and then—boom—there’s an article about one of the top picks. It hit me like a bolt of lightning. The draft! If I hadn’t eaten that burrito, I never would’ve had to take that dump, which means I never would’ve grabbed that copy of USA Today to read while I was on the hopper. Sometimes cosmic forces align just the right way and save your ass. Still, I am pretty far behind. I’ve got to call Butch Davis and see what the Browns are doing.”
Mel Kiper has been a draft fixture for years. His name is synonymous with the NFL draft. That’s what makes it so astounding that it could slip his mind for an entire year. His colleagues at ESPN were baffled upon hearing the news.
“Mel forgot about the draft? Is he on drugs?” asked a concerned Chris Berman, who will host ESPN’s draft coverage next weekend. “How could he forget? That’s all he does. It’s his whole damn life. That would be like Osama Bin Laden forgetting about crushing the crusaders or Santa Claus forgetting about Christmas. It just doesn’t add up. I knew I shouldn’t have suggested he get a life last year at the draft. If Mel Kiper gets a life, he’s not much use to anybody.” ...

http://thebrushback.com/Archives/melkiper_full.htm

The Spaz
04-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Any time some of you clowns want to get on the air of NFLN or ESPN go ahead and send in your resume, I'm sure you'll get right on with no problem.

madness
04-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Any time some of you clowns want to get on the air of NFLN or ESPN go ahead and send in your resume, I'm sure you'll get right on with no problem.

No thank you. I'd rather know what I'm talking about then act like it. They're just glorified fortune tellers.