PDA

View Full Version : A few comments on the game...

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 09:15 PM
-If it comes down to Briere vs. Drury in the off-season, the answer is Drury. This debate should be over by now.

-Props to Kotalik on the goal but he has to work harder along the boards- he sucks at clearing it.

-Is it just me, or does Roy drop his stick at least once a game?

-Great job by Stafford in beating out Jagr for that goal- it was classic

-Jagr has done away with the full-fledged mullet, but he still had some long hair hanging out the back of his helmet. The guy must think he's Sampson- he can't play without the plummage of his ape drape bouncing off his neck.

-Vanek and Mair have both improved tremendously over the course of the season

YardRat
04-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I missed the first two periods :mad:

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I missed the first two periods :mad:

join the 21st century and get a DVR. I always make a sincere effort to watch the games in real time, but I also always set the DVR to record them in case something comes up.

BillsNick
04-25-2007, 09:25 PM
-If it comes down to Briere vs. Drury in the off-season, the answer is Drury. This debate should be over by now.

-Props to Kotalik on the goal but he has to work harder along the boards- he sucks at clearing it.

-Is it just me, or does Roy drop his stick at least once a game?

-Great job by Stafford in beating out Jagr for that goal- it was classic

-Jagr has done away with the full-fledged mullet, but he still had some long hair hanging out the back of his helmet. The guy must think he's Sampson- he can't play without the plummage of his ape drape bouncing off his neck.

I agree %100. :up:

YardRat
04-25-2007, 09:31 PM
join the 21st century and get a DVR. I always make a sincere effort to watch the games in real time, but I also always set the DVR to record them in case something comes up.

I hate watching recorded sporting events.

Nighthawk
04-25-2007, 09:36 PM
I agree...if there is a choice between Briere and Drury, then I keep Drury. I didn't feel this way before, but after watching the first round and this game it's pretty obvious that Drury should be kept. Briere just refuses to sell out to make a play and it is really frustrating the hell out of me.

Bill Brasky

I'm really impressed with Mair. Vanek has always had the talent, but Mair has really come along.

It's going to suck watching a guy who piled up nearly 100 points this season walk away, but Drury IS the face of this team.

OpIv37
I hate watching recorded sporting events.

me too but if it's between missing it and recording it, I'll record it and then go out of my way to make sure I don't hear the score before I have a chance to watch it.

Plus, then you can FF through commercials and down time and watch the whole game in about 75 minutes instead of 2.5 hours.

HHURRICANE
04-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Obviously living in ATL I don't get to watch many Sabres game but Drury looks like the keeper. Briere looks like he's afraid to take a hit.

HHURRICANE
04-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Where the fans chanting "cream of the crop?"

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Obviously living in ATL I don't get to watch many Sabres game but Drury looks like the keeper. Briere looks like he's afraid to take a hit.

in his defense, Briere is tiny by NHL standards- 5"10, I think about 180 or so, but still- he needs to be more physical.

The bigger complaint I have about him is that he just doesn't show up in the playoffs like Drury does.

Prove me wrong, Danny. Prove me wrong.

chernobylwraiths
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM

I'm sure he doesn't like to take a hit since he is pretty small. He won't take a hit if he doesn't have to.

JD
04-25-2007, 09:50 PM
yes.. lol

JD
04-25-2007, 09:51 PM
yes.. lol

along with avery sucks...averrrrrrrry...lundquiiiiiissst....RANGERS SUCK....ooh ahh... and we want the cup

GOOD TIMES! :D

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Here is one more:

Kalinin was a beast tonight. He was the Sabres 2nd best player (behind Vanek).

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Here is one more:

Kalinin was a beast tonight. He was the Sabres 2nd best player (behind Vanek).

funny that you mention that- I remember thinking "Doesn't Kalinin ever get the friggin puck on net" about one shift before he had the assist on the Vanek goal. He also played well on D.

SabreEleven
04-25-2007, 10:18 PM
me too but if it's between missing it and recording it, I'll record it and then go out of my way to make sure I don't hear the score before I have a chance to watch it.

Plus, then you can FF through commercials and down time and watch the whole game in about 75 minutes instead of 2.5 hours.

Exactly, I go out of my way to make sure I don't see the score if I have it recorded. I watch it like it is live only without commercials.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2007, 10:34 PM
funny that you mention that- I remember thinking "Doesn't Kalinin ever get the friggin puck on net" about one shift before he had the assist on the Vanek goal. He also played well on D.

He was great away from the puck. How much that showed up on TV, I have no idea.

OpIv37
04-25-2007, 10:41 PM
He was great away from the puck. How much that showed up on TV, I have no idea.

it would've showed up much better if they would pick up the friggin HD feed :fit:

Ranting aside, the higher resolution fits more of the ice on the screen, so on the wide views it's a lot easier to see plays away from the puck and tell who is making them.

Dr. Lecter
04-25-2007, 10:46 PM
I am buying a HD TV shortly. I just need to clean up the living room and call DishNetwork.

Anyway, Kalinin was in passing lanes all night and guarded Miller very well too, without screening him.

mchurchfie
04-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Briere has been invisible in the PO's so far for a scorer of his stature. He is also terrible on faceoffs, that's when he isn't getting tossed which is about 50% of the time. Briere is a wonderful pure scorer but Drury is the heart and soul of the team. No brainer, keep Drury first.

shelby
04-26-2007, 04:19 AM
Druuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuury!
:oldskool:

Two4trippn
04-26-2007, 07:20 AM
Kalinin played very well and Lydman remained on the right side without over committing on Hank's. Miller played nearly perfect and Jagr was a non-factor once again. The Rangers only character and threat is Shananan. If he can stir up his locker room, Game 2 should be tighter but the Rangers will be overwhelmed.

RedEyE
04-26-2007, 08:18 AM
Forget Briere vs Drury. Sign 'em both and trade Afinogenov.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2007, 08:26 AM
That does not create the room needed to sign both.