PDA

View Full Version : Lets Get Tebucky Jones

Romes
03-12-2003, 11:06 AM
Patriots | Jones To Be Free? - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
5:24 PT: The Denver Post reports the New England Patriots reportedly will now remove the franchise tag from free agent S Tebucky Jones, now that they have added S Rodney Harrison. Jones will become an unrestricted free agent.

Couchscout.com has him listed as a FS. Other than a DT that is exactly what we need on this D. If the tag really does come off, I think he would be a great player to pursue. What do you all think?

THATHURMANATOR
03-12-2003, 11:08 AM
I agree then we can address d line in the draft!!!

clumping platelets
03-12-2003, 11:12 AM
Patriots are gonna trade him to New Orleans

Tatonka
03-12-2003, 11:14 AM
we can address both via FA and use the draft for pure depth.. we have plenty of cash.

it would be nice to see jones in the secondary again.. ahh.. the years of having no worries at the safety spot with henry jones roaming..

Michael82
03-12-2003, 11:29 AM
I was just thinking about this before you posted it. You know that any team would be nuts to give a first rounder for him and if the Pats are going to trade him, they have 2 days left! :D

We all would like a Safety and if they do that to him...tag him and then cut him, after all the money is drying up, he will be pissed. I'm sure he'd love to get back at Belichek and the Patriots. Plus, I bet Drew could do some convincing to get him here. :D I sure wouldn't be upset to get a Pro Bowler FS in here. Would you? :feedback:

The Spaz
03-12-2003, 11:34 AM
This would be an awesome signing I'll tell you that. Tebuckey is a very good player definitely better than Prioleau. Go Bills!

jchild178
03-12-2003, 12:20 PM
I agree Jones would be a greatt pick up!!

Pride
03-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Go get him TD

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2003, 12:24 PM
If we can land T. Jones to replace Prioleau, along with Sam Adams, our rebuilding of defense will be COMPLETED.

THATHURMANATOR
03-12-2003, 12:26 PM
Now lets not go overboard here. I highly doubt we could get Jones and Adams and if we did WOW!

Mr. Miyagi
03-12-2003, 12:39 PM
Don't ever underestimate the negotiation ability of the Evil Genius. Ever.

ct bills fan
03-12-2003, 01:12 PM
We have the cap room to sign both. Spikes only hits our cap for $2.5mm this year, TD could structure contracts for Adams/Jones and WR that would have even smaller salary cap hits.

XNOUGHT
03-12-2003, 01:25 PM
You aint getting him.

The Pats will restructure contracts and cut players before you vultures can get in.

And besides. The Pats plan on playing a 3 safety system like last year.

Tebucky, Rodney, Lawyer for safties and they can sub as LBers.

Law and Poole at CB

Colvin and McGinst playing tweener LB/DE and a first roudn DT with Seymore in the middle.

7 linebackers to 7 guys in coverage in an instant.

Pride
03-12-2003, 01:35 PM
Xnought, it seems like you are intelligent. Great to have you around to give an opposing perspective!

Michael82
03-12-2003, 01:36 PM
:lol:@XNOUGHT

There is NO way in hell that the Patriots will keep Tebucky Jones too. They do have a salary cap, don't they? The only way I can see them re-signing Jones is if they cut Lawyer Milloy...and I wouldn't complain if they did. :lol:

Tebucky Jones wants out and you know it. By them signing Rodney Harrison, they pretty much sealed his fate and if he is not traded by the 14th, I feel that they will take his tag off and let him be a UFA. I then can see the evil genius, TD, jumping in and trying to sign him immediately! :evil:

venis2k1
03-12-2003, 03:42 PM
Im sure TD is already on the phone.

ublinkwescore
03-12-2003, 07:19 PM
Tom Donahoe is buying Football players souls with the promise of Superbowl Rings (notice the s on the end of Rings - that means we're gonna get like 4 or 5 in a row).