PDA

View Full Version : ducks vs. canucks

Bill Brasky
04-25-2007, 09:16 PM
i am really interested in this series. the ducks are really the only team that worries me a bit. should be a great series, great goaltending...

and on a side note, giguere just stoned linden on a wide open break away about a minute into the game.

GThirst
04-25-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm a huge Nucks fan since 94. Big fan of the class of 1970.

pyrrhonist
04-25-2007, 09:19 PM
To me, the Ducks are the team to beat in the NHL, and have been since the start of the season. No disrespect to Buffalo, but Anaheim has the physicality, defense, and goaltending to get the job done. Detroit may carry the #1 overall seed, but that's A) Due to playing in the Central Division, and B) Due to Anaheim's injuries (some simultaneously) to Scott Niedermayer, Pronger, Beauchemin, and Giguere.

I will definitely be watching this series, too, much to the chagrin of my Sharks-loving wife. :D

GThirst
04-25-2007, 09:20 PM
We are the overall #1 seed. Detroit is number 1 in the west. Anaheim is a dirty, cheap shotting, penalty taking bunch of douches. BAM. JEFF COWAN SCORES!

Bill Brasky
04-25-2007, 09:20 PM
1-0 VAN

Bill Brasky
04-25-2007, 09:21 PM
To me, the Ducks are the team to beat in the NHL, and have been since the start of the season. No disrespect to Buffalo, but Anaheim has the physicality, defense, and goaltending to get the job done. Detroit may carry the #1 overall seed, but that's A) Due to playing in the Central Division, and B) Due to Anaheim's injuries (some simultaneously) to Scott Niedermayer, Pronger, Beauchemin, and Giguere.

I will definitely be watching this series, too, much to the chagrin of my Sharks-loving wife. :D

Detroit doesn't worry me. The Ducks and Sharks (to an extent) do, though.

pyrrhonist
04-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Anaheim is a dirty, cheap shotting, penalty taking bunch of douches. BAM. JEFF COWAN SCORES!

Do you blame the entire franchise for May's stupidity? I would sincerely hope not. If that's the case, Vancouver is a piece of trash franchise still, since Bertuzzi played there when he pulled his stunt. :confused:

Detroit wouldn't be the #1 seed in the West (Nor would Nashville have finished #4) if they didn't have Columbus, Chicago, and St.Louis to prey upon.

And since I didn't say this in my last post (oops! :D ), our boys in blue & gold are still one Hell of a team. I just find it odd that the media fell in love so easily with Buffalo. I think I liked it better under the radar. ;)

pyrrhonist
04-25-2007, 09:27 PM
1-1, tie game.

I can't believe Patrick Roy the III (I being the original, II being Scam Ward) got scored on. OMG Luongo got teh scoard on!11 ;)

It's still early.