PDA

View Full Version : Who do we sit for the Goose?

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 08:25 AM
It will be a hard choice but we must get the Goose back into the lineup.

I was leaning to Kotalik but he had a couple nice games in a row now.

Can't take Mair out

Max?

Hecht?

Very tough call.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2007, 08:30 AM
Max was tied for 2nd in scoring in the first round with a goal and 3 assist, so scratch his name off the list.

Right now, it would have to be Mair, Stafford or Kotalik. But remember, it looks liek he will not be back this round and it is unlikely that the Sabres stay injury free. (Unless the hockey Gods decide to make up for last year)

OpIv37
04-26-2007, 08:31 AM
Hecht has been playing better but of all the forwards I think he's the worst puck handler- at this point I think he'd be the one to sit.

It would be stupid to sit Max even though he hasn't done much in the playoffs- he keeps the crowd in the game and he has that potential to go off at any time.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Hecht has been playing better but of all the forwards I think he's the worst puck handler- at this point I think he'd be the one to sit.

It would be stupid to sit Max even though he hasn't done much in the playoffs- he keeps the crowd in the game and he has that potential to go off at any time.
I think there is a 0% chance the team would actually sit Hecht or Max. It is such a tough call. I think Stafford is too good to sit. Mair has been playing his Ass off too. Kotalik is my choice, but he is really making it a tough one.

Buffalo Sabres
sorry "goose" wait till next year (or an injury)

Buffalo Sabres
hecht is great on penalty kill.

Earthquake Enyart
I'd have to say Stafford.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 08:34 AM
sorry "goose" wait till next year (or an injury)
If the Goose is healthy he needs to be in there. He adds size, grit, and heart. Plus he is good on Faceoffs.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 08:36 AM
I'd have to say Stafford.
Possibly but I think he is too good. I think they should move Stafford back to Roy's line and move Max with Connolly. That might get them going. Kotalik with Drury.

Earthquake Enyart
04-26-2007, 08:42 AM
I want to see Kotalik play with someone eho can get him the puck.

Mair made one nice pass on his goal, but that's the exception, not the rule. I want to see Kotalik with Briere, Drury, or Roy.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2007, 08:45 AM

Mair made one nice pass on his goal, but that's the exception, not the rule. I want to see Kotalik with Briere, Drury, or Roy.

He is playing with Conolly right now and he can get people the puck.

mchurchfie
04-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Goose probably won't be ready until at least the next series anyways so we should have a handle on who is hot and who is not by then.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Yeah there is absolutly no need to rush him so unless he is 100% but indications are he could be ready in about a week.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 08:53 AM

Kotalik was on Drury's line for a while at the end of the year and didn't do much. He is too Streaky for my opinion.

mchurchfie
04-26-2007, 08:57 AM
Yeah there is absolutly no need to rush him so unless he is 100% but indications are he could be ready in about a week.
absolutEly

Earthquake Enyart
04-26-2007, 08:59 AM
He is playing with Conolly right now and he can get people the puck.
No. He was with Mair.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 09:00 AM
absolutEly
That is how I spell it Church. DEAL WITH IT.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2007, 09:00 AM
No. He was with Mair.

And Connolly. Most of the game the three were playing together, although Lindy did juggle the lines some. Tim was the center on the line and Mair and Ales were the wingers.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 09:01 AM
No. He was with Mair.
Yeah the line is Mair, Connolly and Kotalik.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 09:01 AM
I think EE is losing it.

mchurchfie
04-26-2007, 09:03 AM
That is how I spell it Church. DEAL WITH IT.:shortbus::ugly:

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 09:08 AM
:shortbus::ugly:
:hi5:

camelcowboy
04-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Mair on a game on game basis makes me debate if he should be in the line up. He scores a goal throws a big check, then the next game he looks lost and gives the puck away. Then last night he sets up kotalik and throws another check. I don't know. In the end i hope it ends up

Zubrus Drury Goose
Hecht Briere Pommer
Vanek Roy Maxim
Kotalik Connolly Stafford

It's tough i like to see Mair in the line up but i like stafford and Goose. I dont' know.

mchurchfie
04-26-2007, 10:54 AM
:hi5:
:hi5::D:

chubluv
04-26-2007, 04:00 PM
Camel I dont think Lindy would put Goose with Zubrus, and Drury. Those are 3 of our best faceoff guys we have.

I think Ruff would leave Stafford on Drurys line, And put Gaustad with Timmy and either Kotalik or Mair.

camelcowboy
04-26-2007, 05:23 PM
Camel I dont think Lindy would put Goose with Zubrus, and Drury. Those are 3 of our best faceoff guys we have.

I think Ruff would leave Stafford on Drurys line, And put Gaustad with Timmy and either Kotalik or Mair.

Goose and with Zub and Drury would be a huge checking line and Stafford Connolly and kotalik would be sick, does zub even take face offs he's on the wing and i know Goose has played winger when Drury Kotalik and Goose were a line. LOL this is why this team is so good.

YardRat
04-26-2007, 05:36 PM
It's a lot nicer having this problem than the injuries last year, that's all I know.

ddaryl
04-26-2007, 05:57 PM

max creates headaches for opposing teams wether he's puttin up points or not. His speed and puck handling benifits his linemates, and creates many of powerplays.

SO yeah Max needs to play.

Nighthawk
04-26-2007, 07:22 PM
It will be a hard choice but we must get the Goose back into the lineup.

I was leaning to Kotalik but he had a couple nice games in a row now.

Can't take Mair out

Max?

Hecht?

Very tough call.

Yes, you can take Mair out and I would. Gaustad is a much better player and brings more to the table.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2007, 07:57 AM
I personally think Mair has earned a spot.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Gaustad needs to come back with a bloody hockey sock.