PDA

View Full Version : Online Fantasy Draft Game

Cheesus
04-26-2007, 09:56 AM
My group and I have created a Fantasy Draft Game for our databases class.
http://db1.cs.geneseo.edu/nfldraft (http://db1.cs.geneseo.edu/%7Ewps2)
It has 400 players listed in the database. You will be awarded points everytime you correctly guess who a team is going to pick in the draft. You can pick up to 4 players per pick. This is for all 7 rounds, but a leaders board is posted of the preDraft leaders, the draft leaders, the overall leaders and round by round leaders.
Everyone has their own rankings of the 400 players. Go to the site, click on members and register. Then log in, read the rules, and goto your rankings. You start off with an empty set of rankings, but you have two choices. You can load your rankings alphabetically or by my rankings, which are a general template. From there it is best to use the position toolbar to set rankings within each position using the swap feature.
You have from now until 10:30 eastern saturday morning to make your predraft selections. When the draft starts, you will start off with your predraft selections and then can modify them as the draft progresses. But your predraft selections will be saved and scored as the draft moves on.
Tell all your friends about this game. You dont have to play for all 7 rounds. All rounds will be scored so you can merely compete for the first feature round.
Let me know if you have any problems with the site or if you see any bugs. You cannot use the page on safari to make picks, as the checkboxes do not appear.
Thanks and enjoy the game.

Don't Panic
04-26-2007, 10:00 AM
That's a heck of a first time post!

OpIv37
04-26-2007, 10:02 AM
:spam:

Don't come here and start advertising **** with your very first post.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 10:06 AM
I don't think he was pimping another site Op...

Cheesus
04-26-2007, 10:06 AM
Sorry, I have over 1000 posts on BuffaloBills.com and heard about these. Like I said I made this game and I want people to play it. I am not making any money, just want to get it out there. I am a Bills fan (one of my rules is "Go Bills").

Cheesus
04-26-2007, 10:09 AM
:spam:

Don't come here and start advertising **** with your very first post.

Are you watching the draft? Do you know additional information about other teams and who you think they will pick, even just for the top ten? I don't think it's crap to give you something to do in between picks. But I'm sorry my first post had to be like this. I am just really excited about the work we put into this site for our class. No monetary gain, just the joy of knowing people enjoy our site.

OpIv37
04-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Are you watching the draft? Do you know additional information about other teams and who you think they will pick, even just for the top ten? I don't think it's crap to give you something to do in between picks. But I'm sorry my first post had to be like this. I am just really excited about the work we put into this site for our class. No monetary gain, just the joy of knowing people enjoy our site.

nothing personal man- just trying to keep away the spammers who create an account, post a link to another site then disappear forever.

If you're gonna stick around and contribute, then welcome.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Don't mind Op Cheesus. He is a hater sometimes. He cant help it! :hi5:

Earthquake Enyart
04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Looks too hard.

Cheesus
04-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Looks too hard.

The rules explain it better than I do (even though I wrote the rules). Once you register and log on, click on play the game or goto db1.cs.geneseo.edu/nfldraft/order.php

That is the main site for the game. Now if you want to guess that the Raiders take Russell, click on the make a pick link next to the Raiders at pick number 1, and it will redirect you to a site with 4 drag down menus. The amount of checkboxes you click lets us know how many unique players you want for that pick. In the example, you would hit select Russell from one drag down menu, check its corresponding checkbox and then hit the pick player button. Go back to the order page and you will see him now listed as your pick for the Raiders.

Hope this clarified some things :)

Earthquake Enyart
04-26-2007, 11:28 AM
No. I hate registering.