PDA

View Full Version : Jay Glazer: Bills Have "Soured" on Lynch?

patmoran2006
04-26-2007, 10:33 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6739156

"Buffalo will take Lynch. Don't think so, kids. If he's on the board, there will be a discussion, but they've soured on him in the last week. I think they either go corner or LB instead. "

Overall. ACtually a pretty interesting read. Talks about rumors that AREN'T going to happen.

Bill Brasky
04-26-2007, 10:34 AM
that would be good considering LB and CB are bigger concerns, IMO

patmoran2006
04-26-2007, 10:37 AM
that would be good considering LB and CB are bigger concerns, IMO
agree about LB, disagree about CB.

To me, its all about value.. It depends on what they do with the pick. I hope they DONT take a LB just because its a need if the Top 2 LB's are already off the board (which probably doesnt happen anyway)

As far as Lynch.. I'm really not sure. Iv'e heard enough good about some of the other backs that barring trades its very realistic we go Willis or Beason in round one and RB in round two.

Bill Brasky
04-26-2007, 10:40 AM
I have little confidence in Simpson or McGee at this point...

patmoran2006
04-26-2007, 10:42 AM
as much as I will HATE it.. Leon Hall is surely a possibility.

camelcowboy
04-26-2007, 10:44 AM
How do players sour the week before the draft? Could be a smoke screen.

camelcowboy
04-26-2007, 10:45 AM
as much as I will HATE it.. Leon Hall is surely a possibility. God i hope not. I'll be taking a long vacation from the zone if he's a bill on saturday.

raphael120
04-26-2007, 10:54 AM
If we take a CB ill be pissed. We are down 1, count em, 1 CB in a system where the CB's job is lesser to the safeties and Lb's.

We are down 2, count 'em, 2 LB's in a system that thrives off getting to the QB and has the LB's flying to the ball.

RB, is agrueably another top need, but i believe that RB's can be found in the second and later rounds and still make huge impacts, and if we're doing a 2 RB system, it lessens the importance of a stud guy if he's only going to be on the field half the time.

We need LB's and we need to either trade down and pick up more picks, which we sorely need, because more and more it seems like half the league is gettin their rocks off to pat willis, so its almost a certainty that he's gone, so trade down, there is enough interest in other teams to trade up that we could end up getting another 3 rd pick, imagine having a 1rst, 2nd, and 3 picks in the 3rd. that could easily translate into FIVE potential starters if we play our cards the way we did last draft.

Think of those holes we could fill with 5 first day picks.

2 LBs
1 CB
1 RB
1 WR

Those are the most pressing needs, and youd have them filled. Not to mention you still have all the wild card 2nd day picks after that.

Mr. Miyagi
04-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Ding ding ding ding!

Ed
04-26-2007, 10:58 AM
That article seems to give us a better chance of actually landing Peterson. He doesn't think Cleveland will take Peterson. He doesn't think Arizona or Atlanta will go RB. So that really only leaves Minnesota and Houston as real threats.

alohabillsfan
04-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Lynch is the pick for the Bills!

JJamezz
04-26-2007, 10:59 AM

Ya think?

:;

PIZ
04-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Glazer doesn't have a clue what the Bills think. How would he get inside the Bills War Room? Any info a reporter like Glazer gets is info the team wants them to spread around. If Glazer has "inside info" that the Bills no longer are considering Lynch, then I would be inclined to think the Bills don't want someone (GB) to trade up to get him.

Devin
04-26-2007, 11:40 AM
As well they should have soured.

Mr. Miyagi
04-26-2007, 11:43 AM
I hope to God Peterson doesn't fall it us. :pray:

OpIv37
04-26-2007, 11:45 AM
I have little confidence in Simpson or McGee at this point...

Simpson is a S not a corner. He was out of position a lot last year but he definitely has the athletic talent- I think he could be due for a breakout year.

McGee has definitely struggled, but any rookie CB we bring in is going to be at least as bad in their first year.

I really think CB that high is a mistake because a) Leon Hall sucks and b) we need a player who can make an immediate impact and that's unlikely from CB.

I'd rather see us go LB or RB but like patmoran said, I hope we just don't pick the best LB available because we need one when there are better players at other positions available.

Devin
04-26-2007, 11:50 AM
The problem for the most part is mcGee really isnt a cover 2 CB. In turn that hurt Simpsons play.

McGee is not big or strong enough to play this system, and since he is unable to jam at the line he allows WR's to fly past him which is where simpson gets burned.

Most Bills fan have a hard on for McGees breakout season in 2005 and KR ability to the point they overlook his alarming flaws, so even the thought of trading him is absurd to them. The bottom line is the Bills most certainly need a CB and it is most certainly a big need (analyst/mock guys 1 Bills fans 0) go figure people who arent Bills fans knew what they were talking about.

Dont be shocked if we spend a 1st or 2nd rounder on a CB. Regardless of how unimportant you view them to be we need 1 in the worst way.

To be honest drafting a CB/LB 1-2 is probably the best move as Ashton Youboty should be playing where McGee is and a #1 CB like Revis where Clements was.

Bill Brasky
04-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Simpson is a S not a corner.

Yeah, I mix him and Youbooty all the time. Either way, I think our CB situation has sort of flown under the radar. McGee got burnt nonstop last year as our #2, and he's our #1 this year. It should concern people, even if LB is the #1 concern.

OpIv37
04-26-2007, 11:56 AM
The problem for the most part is mcGee really isnt a cover 2 CB. In turn that hurt Simpsons play.

McGee is not big or strong enough to play this system, and since he is unable to jam at the line he allows WR's to fly past him which is where simpson gets burned.

Most Bills fan have a hard on for McGees breakout season in 2005 and KR ability to the point they overlook his alarming flaws, so even the thought of trading him is absurd to them. The bottom line is the Bills most certainly need a CB and it is most certainly a big need (analyst/mock guys 1 Bills fans 0) go figure people who arent Bills fans knew what they were talking about.

Dont be shocked if we spend a 1st or 2nd rounder on a CB. Regardless of how unimportant you view them to be we need 1 in the worst way.

To be honest drafting a CB/LB 1-2 is probably the best move as Ashton Youboty should be playing where McGee is and a #1 CB like Revis where Clements was.

oh don't get me wrong- I definitely view CB as a concern, but at least we have enough bodies to fill the position. We don't even have that at LB and we need an RB to jumpstart this offense. As bad as the CB situation is, it's #3 in terms of holes.

Combine that with the fact that Leon Hall sucks and few if any CB's make an immediate impact because it takes time to adjust to the speed of the NFL, and CB in the 1st is NOT a good idea. I could maybe live with CB in the 2nd and definitely in the 3rd, but depending who's on the board, 1-2 should be LB-RB.

Ickybaluky
04-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Looking at it, CB is Buffalo's biggest need.

That said, they probably would take a player they have rated higher at LB or RB in the first, as they also fill needs.

Night Train
04-26-2007, 01:40 PM
CB's can be had through Round 3.

Soured on Lynch ? Maybe but trading a 2nd or 3rd for Turner may make that a moot point.

I'm pretty open to who the Bills select. By the end of Sunday, just show us a starting caliber RB and LB, plus some other promising talent/depth and I'll be happy. I think we'll be fine and a big case of nerves is starting to take over some people.

Relax and enjoy the weekend.