PDA

View Full Version : All Youboty Fans

BigGabes23
04-26-2007, 12:59 PM
I really hope Ashton Youboty does well this year, and I am rooting for him. I wanted to start a thread where his supporters could give reasons why they think he can instantly start this year. He needs experience and needs to refine his skills, yet he barely saw the field last year. In my opinion, he is still basically raw, and I see little reason to expect much more then we got out of him last year, where he pretty much got toasted up and down the field.

Thoughts?

Devin
04-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Youboty has the size and ability you look for in a Cover 2 CB, he doesnt have much experience at the pro level but thats one of the few knocks on him.

Honestly apart from being a little raw I dont worry much about him at all I think he will turn into a fine #1 or #2 CB. Especially in this system.

Course I guess its easy to knock a rookie.

Earthquake Enyart
04-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Uh, because we have no one else?

jamesiscool
04-26-2007, 01:06 PM
Position: Cornerback School: Ohio State
Height: 6-1
Weight: 187
40-Yard Dash: 4.40 (EST)

Positives:
Ashton Youboty has good size and exceptional athletic ability. He is a solid cover man and shows good footwork that will allow him to play the position well. He went up every day in practice against Santonio Holmes and Ted Ginn, Jr, which shows he has the talent to cover top players at the position. He also has good ball skills and should prove to be a top corner in the league some day.

Negatives:
He gives up big plays a little too often for the NFL's likes by gambling too much, which can result in a big play the other way. He could also stand to get a little stronger to handle the bigger receivers in the NFL. He didn't have much starting experience in college either, so I'm a little unsure of how consistently he can play at the next level.

Overview:
Ashton Youboty should be a late first-round to early second-round pick based on athletic ability and measurables alone. But he will need some work as he is still a raw prospect. He comes into the league much like Chris Gamble did in 2003, raw, but his upside is that of an elite player in the league.

thats why he will thrive as an NFL corner. he had a year to refine his skills and now has all of the physpacl tools become a starting corner in the nfl.

bigbub2352
04-26-2007, 01:07 PM
Ummm were di he get toasted up and down the feild? actually the games he did play in after week 12, he faired well, and was praised by Jauron for it, i think Youboty will be fine at CB, especially in the Cover 2 scheme were u dont have to have a shut down CB, remember this guy was a 1st rd grade last year, and was outstanding in college at OSU, in which produce some serious secondary prospects for the NFL almost every year, he played against top notch competition and came out as a 20 year old, so of course he is raw, but i think given the mini camps and training camp he will be more than serviceable starter

remember he wasnt a bum in college at all

Earthquake Enyart
04-26-2007, 01:08 PM
Oh yeah.... all together now.....

HE HAS A FIRST ROUND GRADE.