PDA

View Full Version : Top 12 Mock

oldno711
04-26-2007, 01:15 PM
my [ideal] top 12 pick mock draft (with trades):

1. oakland: russell - johnson would be nice, but who's gonna throw him the ball? andrew walter? doubt it.

2. atlanta (from detroit): johnson - atlanta trades away their first three picks to get their georgia boy. vick-to-johnson...scary.

3. cleveland: quinn - new face of the franchise and has actually been quoted as saying he wants to play for the browns.

4. minnesota (from tampa bay): adams - no need for peterson and won't stay put for landry (don't need a safety) so the team trades up to get their defensive playmaker.

5. arizona: thomas - they wet their pants...dry themselves off...and run up to the podium to draft their much needed bookend.

6. chicago (from washington - lance briggs): okoye - synder gets the deal done and chicago's defense keeps getting better.

7. tampa bay (from minnesota): landry - wanted okoye, but will settle for another top need. can't pass on landry here.

8. detroit (from atlanta): willis - apparently they love this kid and they won't risk having him fall any further (houston-denver trade at 10, san fran at 11, buffalo at 12).

9. miami: brown - somebody has to protect the 80-year veteran who is expected to be hobbling around back there. brown is the perfect solution.

10. buffalo (from houston): peterson - houston has more pressing needs than rb but, because of the criticism they took last year, they won't pass on another potential superstar. the solution? get an extra pick out of buffalo. the 10th pick is worth 1300, the 12th is worth 1200. our SECOND third (92nd pick) is worth 132. if needbe, throw in a late day two pick or a conditional third next year. make it happen.

11. san francisco: carriker - hoping for willis but need help on the d-line.

12. houston (from buffalo): hall - they get the guy they needed without the criticism of "passing" on peterson. houston can comfortably trade below san fran knowing they just signed clements and aren't in the market for another corner.

FIRST ROUND - Adrian Peterson

SECONG ROUND - we could pray for a first round talent to fall into the second (Dwayne Jarrett, Paul Posluszny, Jon Beason**) or, more likely, take David Harris or Sydney Rice.
**chances are they DO NOT fall, but you never know what can happen on draft day. That said, I'd be just fine with Harris or Rice in the second.

THIRD ROUND - we take either whichever position (wr/lb) we didn't take in the second (Rufus Alexander, Brandon Siler, Jason Hill, Jacoby Jones) or snag a solid cb (Jonathan Wade or Fred Bennett). i would only select a cb in round 3 if we took a lb in round 2. wr in round 2 = lb in round 3.

side note: I've seen many mocks that have Quincy Black falling to the 4th...

i would LOVE either of these drafts (plus whatever they do with their 6th/7th rounders). the first one is my preference, but i could live with the second depending on how they do in later rounds.

Round 1 - Peterson (gamebreaker)
Round 2 - Rice (taller compliment to evans)
Round 3 - Alexander (alexander-crowell-ellison looks damn good)
Round 4 - Black (depth/talent...if he falls)
late rounds = cb, te, dl

Round 1 - Peterson
Round 2 - Harris
Round 3 - Wade/Bennet
Round 4 - best WR available (who also happens to be tall) or TE/LB. could jacoby jones fall that far? maybe.
late rounds = lb, wr, te, dl

thoughts??

patmoran2006
04-26-2007, 01:29 PM
If we end up with AP, Sidney Rice AND Rufus Alexander; I will kill MYSELF if I find a reason to ***** about that draft..

I dont care if we dont make another pick this weekend if we get those three.

jdbillsfan
04-26-2007, 01:37 PM
I like it. There could be a lot of trades in the first round this year, so you never know.

L.A. Playa
04-26-2007, 01:38 PM
question, you say Tampa trades down because they dont need a S aftey then you have them picking a Safety because it is another big need of theirs, so which is it ???

patmoran2006
04-26-2007, 01:39 PM
YOu CANNOT get a more dreamy first day then this mock draft...

Though I think the only realistic possibility at these spots is Alexander.

Earthquake Enyart
04-26-2007, 01:40 PM
If Peterson falls all the way to 10, he's gonna fall all the way to 12. We don't need to move up 2 spots to get him. Houston and Miami won't draft a RB.

SquishDaFish
04-26-2007, 01:44 PM
I wish

oldno711
04-26-2007, 01:53 PM
question, you say Tampa trades down because they dont need a S aftey then you have them picking a Safety because it is another big need of theirs, so which is it ???

i was referring to minnesota...they don't have a huge need for peterson, nor do they have a need to stay put and draft landry. they could benefit by moving up and taking adams (de is one of their biggest needs).

tampa bay needs a safety which is why they would take him at 7.

L.A. Playa
04-26-2007, 01:54 PM
ahhhhh i see

patmoran2006
04-26-2007, 01:56 PM
If Peterson falls all the way to 10, he's gonna fall all the way to 12. We don't need to move up 2 spots to get him. Houston and Miami won't draft a RB.
and you dont think Green Bay, Dallas or Tennesee will make a move to get him?

oldno711
04-26-2007, 02:03 PM

if he's there at 10, giving up a third round pick is definitely worth it to secure peterson. you never know what other teams will do...or whether houston will take him to avoid the wrath they got last year.