PDA

View Full Version : anyone else bored of the pre draft hype?

trapezeus
04-26-2007, 01:24 PM
this is partially sacrereligious, but is anyone else as sick and tired of looking at mock drafts? There are Fans who know nothing that "scout" players. It's tiring to hear some average joe talk about their scouting opinion on some division 3 LB who they think is going to be awesome. It's a pain to listen to them talk about 2 different LB's that they've barely watched and have only listened to the talking heads' opinions at SI and ESPN and proclaim one sucks and the other will be worth trading the entire 2007-2010 draft class for.

It's boring to listen to trade scenarios and have fans use the term "market value" as though they know the market. Trading any picks for someone else's backup requires a GM to look at the players competitiveness and love for the game more than it is to sit here and discuss all his super stats that he had, "and he's only playing back up time!!! Imagine how good he'll be when he's in a bills uniform!!" Please.

It's annoying to hear so called sports reporters with the inside edge ( Mel Kiper, Peter King, I'm looking at you) talk about all their inside knowledge to only see it be completely wrong on the Sunday after the draft. Everytime. in any other profession (presidency excluded) that kind of consistent incompetence would get your fired. The only people who know anything and have any influence on this draft are the GM's who have nothing to say until after the draft.

I'm perplexed at how the draft continually explodes into this media circus.

My draft day prediction for the bills? A guy you've never heard of that others will try to convince you is a complete stretch and that the bills policy of trying to field of team of guys who want to be playing and want to be winning is idiotic and everyone should just be the redskins and keep paying underachievers until it pays off.

Rant finished. Feel free to mock or praise this post.

LtBillsFan66
04-26-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm with you. I don't pay much attention to the pre-draft hype. I can't wait for the draft, don't get me wrong, but I don't get worked up over every rumor.

patmoran2006
04-26-2007, 01:46 PM
whats going to be really BORING is a week after the draft, when the *****ing and/or praising of the draft is over and there is LITTLE to talk about until camp.

LtBillsFan66
04-26-2007, 01:48 PM
whats going to be really BORING is a week after the draft, when the *****ing and/or praising of the draft is over and there is LITTLE to talk about until camp.
True. I usually get bored and get banned during the time after the draft until camp. I get restless.

Don't Panic
04-26-2007, 02:03 PM

That's when I go outside.:birds:

OpIv37
04-26-2007, 02:10 PM
I got bored of it a month ago. It really jumped the shark last night with all the insane trade rumors.

patmoran2006
04-26-2007, 02:11 PM
True. I usually get bored and get banned during the time after the draft until camp. I get restless.
I might get banned within hours if we draft leon Hall.

Well, actually sunday.. Im going to be BOMBED all day Saturday drinking with my draft buddies, so I will spare the board until Sunday morning.

You're welcome.

Saratoga Slim
04-26-2007, 02:34 PM
I love it. the NFL offseason is the 2nd best season in sports. OK, 3rd best, because the Sabres are winning.

If we were really all sick of it we wouldn't be on this damn site every day.

don137
04-26-2007, 02:37 PM
As long as the Sabres are in the playoffs I will be OK. Once there season is over I will go nuts until Bills training camp which I plan on going to this year.

John Doe
04-26-2007, 07:38 PM
I'm bored with people getting upset about the Bills draft picks before we have even made them.

BSU Drew
04-27-2007, 01:37 AM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzZZZZ:tired:

shelby
04-27-2007, 04:52 AM
All i have to say is....don't :hang:

gr8slayer
04-27-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm soooooooooooooooooo tired of hearing about all the rumors.