X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

Why?

Why do people get so worked up over a football team?
    1. It is a game. It isn't a matter of life and death.
    2. If you know so much more than the the front office, why aren't you GM
    3. No matter how much *****ing you do, it isn't going to change a thing
    I guess if I was going to get worked up over every little thing the team does I would find a team that is a perennial winner. Me, I don't care if the Bills go 0-16, they are still my favorite team. I would be disappointed, but I wouldn't go ballistic over coulda-woulda-shouldas.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Re: Why?

?

Sweet post.

Let's see. Because we love it. Football season is the best time of year. Draft Day has replaced Christmas.

1. No one said its a matter of life and death
    2. Why aren't I GM? That's like saying if you like money so much, why don't you just win the lottery.
    3. So us talking about the Bills on this board isn't going to change anything? Really? I thought my complaints about paying too much money to Peerless and Josh meant that the Bills were going to revise their contracts.

People are excited about the Bills. Now is an exciting time. If you just want to sit back and say ho hum, whatever happens, happens, then that is your perogative.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
      ?

Sweet post.

Let's see. Because we love it. Football season is the best time of year. Draft Day has replaced Christmas.

2. Why aren't I GM? That's like saying if you like money so much, why don't you just win the lottery.
      3. So us talking about the Bills on this board isn't going to change anything? Really? I thought my complaints about paying too much money to Peerless and Josh meant that the Bills were going to revise their contracts.

People are excited about the Bills. Now is an exciting time. If you just want to sit back and say ho hum, whatever happens, happens, then that is your perogative.
      You misunderstand. It is exciting, but people get down right nasty over stuff they have no control over. Just like all these people saying they will kill somebody if we draft XXXX with #12. WTF is the point? I am pumped about the draft, but I am not going to be pissed if we don't draft who I think is the best player. I will say oh well, and get on with my day.
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Gunzlingr
        You misunderstand. It is exciting, but people get down right nasty over stuff they have no control over. Just like all these people saying they will kill somebody if we draft XXXX with #12. WTF is the point? I am pumped about the draft, but I am not going to be pissed if we don't draft who I think is the best player. I will say oh well, and get on with my day.
        People are emotional attached to sports teams, some people view it as their religon But its ok to be passionate about somethings in life. Hell football gets me through the endless cycle of school, and work. Now the problem this year is the draft is much later then in the past and we have all had way too much time to overanaylze crap. You then form a opinion and some people lash out at others that don't share the same one, but at the end of the day we are all here because we love this game and our bickering over draft picks will fade away.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
          ?

Sweet post.

Comment

• joekurtz
            • Aug 2005

Why?

Because, no matter how well the Sabres do this season, the Bill's are still THE entity by which this city ( & much of it's surrounding area ) identifies itself with. So, in many ways it's fortunes are seen as our fortunes.
            Now, maybe that's being too obvious or over-simplifying the whole dynamic, but ...

I know that I often feel that way during the season & football doesn't even rank all that highly on my list of life's passions. I'm a Bill's fan, but not NEARLY the absolute fanatic that most here on these boards are. Thus explaining my low post count. I lurk a lot to keep abreast of what's up, what the fanatic's thoughts are & to hear the latest rumors, but leave the discussion to those with something to say.
            I LIVE IN THE WEAK & THE WOUNDED

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Because it brings a bunch of drunks together in one place every Sunday?
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by joekurtz
                Why?

Because, no matter how well the Sabres do this season, the Bill's are still THE entity by which this city ( & much of it's surrounding area ) identifies itself with. So, in many ways it's fortunes are seen as our fortunes.
                Now, maybe that's being too obvious or over-simplifying the whole dynamic, but ...

I know that I often feel that way during the season & football doesn't even rank all that highly on my list of life's passions. I'm a Bill's fan, but not NEARLY the absolute fanatic that most here on these boards are. Thus explaining my low post count. I lurk a lot to keep abreast of what's up, what the fanatic's thoughts are & to hear the latest rumors, but leave the discussion to those with something to say.
                I don't know... if the Sabs win the cup I'm considering the monkey off my back!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Jul 2002

THIS IS THE HOLY GRAIL, MAN!!!!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by camelcowboy
                    People are emotional attached to sports teams, some people view it as their religon But its ok to be passionate about somethings in life. Hell football gets me through the endless cycle of school, and work. Now the problem this year is the draft is much later then in the past and we have all had way too much time to overanaylze crap. You then form a opinion and some people lash out at others that don't share the same one, but at the end of the day we are all here because we love this game and our bickering over draft picks will fade away.
                    But it doesn't! Then you have people *****ing about this player or that player, or "whey did we resign this guy he sucks" and "So and so is awesome why did we let him go?". It gets old. It used be informative when there was discussion, now it is just a name calling ******-a-thon.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

First, just because someone is GM doesn't mean they are infallible. Look at the long string of mistakes TD made that got us into this mess.

Second, drafting poorly is one of mistakes TD made- bad drafts equal bad football on Sundays. And just because the GM makes the pick doesn't mean it was the right one- need I remind you of Willis McGahee and Mike Williams?

Third, I've been watching this for close to 20 years and following it intensely for at least 15 (and I'm only 28 years old)- some people here have been following them for a lot longer. We want nothing more than to see this team win- if the FO does something stupid that looks like it's going to extend this ridiculous funk we've been in, it isn't so easy to just go "oh well".
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
                        Don’t hate…
                        • Jun 2003

1. It is a game. It isn't a matter of life and death.
                        2. If you know so much more than the the front office, why aren't you GM
                        3. No matter how much *****ing you do, it isn't going to change a thing
                        I guess if I was going to get worked up over every little thing the team does I would find a team that is a perennial winner. Me, I don't care if the Bills go 0-16, they are still my favorite team. I would be disappointed, but I wouldn't go ballistic over coulda-woulda-shouldas.
                        Dude, that's your fault! We should all be going ape**** about BILLS FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                          • May 2003

It isn't just a football team, it's the BILLS!!!!!

I don't know more than any GM or anybody on this board. We all have opinions and we can all have them. I think we all enjoy talking about the Bills and trade information.

I don't recall *****ing.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

I think because after all of the successes of the 1990s, we still didn't win one.

Bills fans aren't greedy, just impatient.

They would like to see the city win one before the area is no longer NFL viable, and the window is getting smaller by the year.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                              • Aug 2005

gunzlinger how dare you it most certainly is a matter of life and death
                              SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X