PDA

View Full Version : MSN Foxsports 7 Round draft

kernowboy
04-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Have you all had a look?

For me its a little up and down. What I've done in assumed that all the players will go in the same position and then considered if we might have got better value lower ......

R1. Patrick Willis ILB ... ......... no qualms here
R2. Brian Leonard RB/FB ........ love this pick

Here it gets dicey

R3a.(74) Michael Okwo LB ... mmm.. personally I look at the draft and I think he is slow and undersized. 3 places below is Tim Shaw of Penn St (77) who can play inside and SLB and who will give much better depth

R3b.(92) Mike Walker WR , ... eh? Ok the Central Florida guy has the size and the timed speed but is rumoured never to play that quickly, not physical, not a good route runner, not a deep threat .... but Aundrae Allison of East Carolina is listed going at 113 .. a much better prospect for a No2 WR

Back to a great selection

R4.(111) Doug Datish C, .. long term replacement for Fowler, and can also play C and even has had spells at LT giving us some cover if Jason went down

no No5, but the rest of the draft I disagree with

R6.(184) CJ Ah You, a DE ... so such a bad pick, he'll never beat out Aaron, Anthony, Ryan and Chris so would be a wasted pick ... but lurking at 189 is Kolby Smith RB of Louisville who had 5.6yds average and 862yds covering the injured Bush.

R7a(222) Danny Ware RB
R7b(240) Kenneth Darby RB

Two very silly and stupid picks ..... I'd take CJ Wilson (234) from Baylor a decent Cover2 CB prospect and nab Jeff Samardijza (245) just in case he changes his mind

So

MSN Foxsports ..................Me

R1 Willis ...........................Willis
R2 Leonard .......................Leonard
R3 Michael Okwo LB ...........Tim Shaw LB
R3 Mike Walker WR .............Aundrae Allison WR
R4 Datish..........................Datish
R6 CJ Ah You DE ...............Kolby Smith RB
R7 Danny Ware RB .............CJ Wilson CB
R7 Kenneth Darby RB ..........Jeff Samardijza WR

I like my draft more

BigGabes23
04-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Only the Bills would draft a FB in the second round and not have a starting RB.

kernowboy
04-26-2007, 03:09 PM
Only the Bills would draft a FB in the second round and not have a starting RB.

Leonard has more than enough ability to be the starting RB, teaming with A-Train

Devin
04-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Leonard projects as a RB in the NFL.

BigGabes23
04-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Leonard projects as a RB in the NFL.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerphotos/fb/brianleonard.jpg
Official Bio (http://www.scarletknights.com/football/roster/roster-detail.asp?ID=293)

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/images/stars/three.gif </TD><TD vAlign=top>Strengths:
A terrific runner for the position with great balance and instincts...Displays good feet and is deceptively agile...Tough, strong and powerful and does not go down easily...An excellent receiver and route runner with good hands who can run after the catch and be a weapon in the passing game...Unselfish and is a hard worker with great intangibles...An above average and adequate blocker...Versatile and a terrific all-around player who will be able to help a team out in a number of ways.

Weaknesses:
A fullback / running back 'tweener who might not have a true position at the next level...Does not have great timed speed or quickness...Will struggle to turn the corner at the pro level and won't do much damage outside...Is not much of a big play threat...Is not a true lead blocker and can still improve in that area...Might need to bulk up, add some weight and get stronger...Stats were down in 2006.

Notes:
Really led the way for the Scarlet Knight program and helped put them back on the map...Took a backseat to Ray Rice as a senior but didn't complain and really contributed as a blocker and receiver...Has been compared to Mike Alstott and he might be the best fullback prospect to come along since the A-Train back in 1996.

This guy is not a NFL RB... I am sorry. He can give you a few carries though with a featured back (not the A-Train), but round two is WAY too high.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Devin
04-26-2007, 04:12 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=middle>http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerphotos/fb/brianleonard.jpg
Official Bio (http://www.scarletknights.com/football/roster/roster-detail.asp?ID=293)

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/images/stars/three.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>Strengths:
A terrific runner for the position with great balance and instincts...Displays good feet and is deceptively agile...Tough, strong and powerful and does not go down easily...An excellent receiver and route runner with good hands who can run after the catch and be a weapon in the passing game...Unselfish and is a hard worker with great intangibles...An above average and adequate blocker...Versatile and a terrific all-around player who will be able to help a team out in a number of ways.

Weaknesses:
A fullback / running back 'tweener who might not have a true position at the next level...Does not have great timed speed or quickness...Will struggle to turn the corner at the pro level and won't do much damage outside...Is not much of a big play threat...Is not a true lead blocker and can still improve in that area...Might need to bulk up, add some weight and get stronger...Stats were down in 2006.

Notes:
Really led the way for the Scarlet Knight program and helped put them back on the map...Took a backseat to Ray Rice as a senior but didn't complain and really contributed as a blocker and receiver...Has been compared to Mike Alstott and he might be the best fullback prospect to come along since the A-Train back in 1996.

This guy is not a NFL RB... I am sorry. He can give you a few carries though with a featured back (not the A-Train), but round two is WAY too high.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

not only will he be a 1 or 2 but he is more then capable of carrying the load as a starter. Hes more athletic then half the backs in this draft.

Ron Burgundy
04-26-2007, 04:14 PM
Did you watch him play running back in college? 'Cause he was badass at that, until he was asked to FB for Ray Rice, and he was damn good at that, too.

Leonard is a pretty interesting prospect. I could jive with that in the second round, especially if we get Pat Willis in 1st.