PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night

Bufftp
04-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Fridays night game will tell us alot of the series is going to Play out. Win convincingly it will be a short series, Rangers win and we are most likley in for a long one.

I expect a very strong period by the Rangers in the first, with the Sabres playing a steady game that wears them down, with the Sabres winning in the 3rd.

What do you expect?

OpIv37
04-26-2007, 02:52 PM
I just hope the Sabres learn from past mistakes.

We drilled the Islanders in Game 1, but they won Game 2 and then we let them hang with us the rest of the series.

If the Sabres come out with another 3 goal victory, this series is over. If the Rangers win or even hang tough, it will go at least 6.

Meathead
04-26-2007, 05:38 PM
what the rangers learned in game 1: they cant try to skate with the sabres. perhaps only ottawa has the necessary speed to keep up with the sabres but the rangers sure dont. they committed a bunch of penalties after finding sabres in front of them in dangerous spots

the rangers also learned they dont have the depth to counter the sabres four rolling lines. the rangers basically have one great line, one good line, and two mediocre lines. so they are outmatched approximately half the time unless they pump up the early liners minutes and risk running out of gas

how the rangers will respond: since they cant keep up and they cant roll the only choice they have is to bump and grind. theyve got decent team toughness so they might as well try to apply it, especially for lines three and four. they will attempt to slow down the sabres by playing physical, solid defensively, and waiting patiently for their opportunities

what will happen next: the rangers realize 0-2 will be close to a death nell for them so expect to see a highly inspired team. they will leave it all on the ice and come out with a hard fought victory, something like 3-2

what happens after that: the rangers cant keep up that kind of emotion and intensity every game. they will over-estimate their home ice advantage and drop game 3. they will regroup again to take game 4, only to piddle out after than and go down in games 5 and 6 in a whimper

so rules judge meathead, so it shall be

Ebenezer
04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
I expect the Rangers to come out and throw everything at the Sabres in the first ten minutes...survive that, get a goal and go on and crush them...Jagr will disappear if they don't score early. If the Sabres win in regulation or shortly into OT, regardless the score, it is over in 5.

clumping platelets
04-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Sabres in a rout

camelcowboy
04-26-2007, 11:36 PM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j288/philgigs/ryan.jpg (http://photobucket.com/) Its ok boys we have Miller :up:

SkateZilla
04-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Thank the Hockey Gods its not a SATURDAY GAME

Meathead
04-27-2007, 02:45 AM
i wish it was a saturday game

it woulda been great having the game on during that snoozefest the draft

i could tear my eyes away from a sabres game for 2.6 seconds to listen to them call out a name now and then

SkateZilla
04-27-2007, 03:12 AM
i wish it was a saturday game

it woulda been great having the game on during that snoozefest the draft

i could tear my eyes away from a sabres game for 2.6 seconds to listen to them call out a name now and then

Sabres Suck on Saturdays, we are like 4-17-4 or something like that..

Meathead
04-27-2007, 08:25 AM
oh well thats different

gonna lose tonite anyway so aint gonna matter i guess