• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Friday Night

Fridays night game will tell us alot of the series is going to Play out. Win convincingly it will be a short series, Rangers win and we are most likley in for a long one.

I expect a very strong period by the Rangers in the first, with the Sabres playing a steady game that wears them down, with the Sabres winning in the 3rd.

What do you expect?
    Last edited by Bufftp; 04-26-2007, 07:41 PM.
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

• OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Friday Night

I just hope the Sabres learn from past mistakes.

We drilled the Islanders in Game 1, but they won Game 2 and then we let them hang with us the rest of the series.

If the Sabres come out with another 3 goal victory, this series is over. If the Rangers win or even hang tough, it will go at least 6.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

what the rangers learned in game 1: they cant try to skate with the sabres. perhaps only ottawa has the necessary speed to keep up with the sabres but the rangers sure dont. they committed a bunch of penalties after finding sabres in front of them in dangerous spots

the rangers also learned they dont have the depth to counter the sabres four rolling lines. the rangers basically have one great line, one good line, and two mediocre lines. so they are outmatched approximately half the time unless they pump up the early liners minutes and risk running out of gas

how the rangers will respond: since they cant keep up and they cant roll the only choice they have is to bump and grind. theyve got decent team toughness so they might as well try to apply it, especially for lines three and four. they will attempt to slow down the sabres by playing physical, solid defensively, and waiting patiently for their opportunities

what will happen next: the rangers realize 0-2 will be close to a death nell for them so expect to see a highly inspired team. they will leave it all on the ice and come out with a hard fought victory, something like 3-2

what happens after that: the rangers cant keep up that kind of emotion and intensity every game. they will over-estimate their home ice advantage and drop game 3. they will regroup again to take game 4, only to piddle out after than and go down in games 5 and 6 in a whimper

so rules judge meathead, so it shall be
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

I expect the Rangers to come out and throw everything at the Sabres in the first ten minutes...survive that, get a goal and go on and crush them...Jagr will disappear if they don't score early. If the Sabres win in regulation or shortly into OT, regardless the score, it is over in 5.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Sabres in a rout

Comment

• camelcowboy
            • Mar 2005

Its ok boys we have Miller

Comment

• SkateZilla
              • Dec 2002

Thank the Hockey Gods its not a SATURDAY GAME
              Skate Zilla
              -----------------------
              Skate Zilla HD Studios:
              SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Meathead
                • Jul 2002

i wish it was a saturday game

it woulda been great having the game on during that snoozefest the draft

i could tear my eyes away from a sabres game for 2.6 seconds to listen to them call out a name now and then

Comment

• SkateZilla
                  • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                  i wish it was a saturday game

it woulda been great having the game on during that snoozefest the draft

i could tear my eyes away from a sabres game for 2.6 seconds to listen to them call out a name now and then
                  Sabres Suck on Saturdays, we are like 4-17-4 or something like that..
                  Skate Zilla
                  -----------------------
                  Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                  SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Meathead
                    • Jul 2002

oh well thats different

gonna lose tonite anyway so aint gonna matter i guess