PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn will be a Brown

The Answer
04-26-2007, 04:23 PM
A little bird told The Answer that Cleveland is locked in to Brady Quinn at #3, assuming he don't go in the first 2 picks.

This does make a lot of sense when you think about it - Charlie Frey is not THE ANSWER at QB and Crennell's relationship with Charlie Weis gives him the most valuable scouting report available.

Also - the last 'blue chip' 1st round prospect that the Browns took at RB ended up being a bust. (William Green), and given AP's injury concerns the Cleveland front office is staying clear of this one.

BOOK IT!!!!

~The Answer

patmoran2006
04-26-2007, 04:24 PM
1- I dont think FunTimesYaY will like your theory.

2- if Greene was such a blue chip prospect, didn't he last til like pick 17?

feelthepain
04-26-2007, 04:32 PM
Works for me.

The Answer
04-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Works for me.

FTP - The Answer is curious to know:

1.) Who do you think the Dolphins are going to pick in the 1st round this weekend?

And

2.) Who do you personally hope is drafted?

The Answer has heard all kinds of rumors and names floating around regarding the dolphins pick.

~The Answer

Buffalo Sabres
04-26-2007, 04:35 PM
they will not be disappointed!

feelthepain
04-26-2007, 05:14 PM
FTP - The Answer is curious to know:

1.) Who do you think the Dolphins are going to pick in the 1st round this weekend?

And

2.) Who do you personally hope is drafted?

The Answer has heard all kinds of rumors and names floating around regarding the dolphins pick.

~The Answer

Wow, both are real tough questions. I have not experienced a draft with Randy Mueller as the GM of the Dolphins, but he's had tremendous success in the early part of his drafting history, not so much in the later rounds. He's very smart with trades and I love his desire to hoard DP's. He likes to draft QB's and Dlinemen. He likes speed in the WR position so there are some of the things to consider when trying to figure out what Miami will/could do.

We need help along the Oline (left side) right side is set unless someone steps up and out plays Hadnot,Shelton or Carey. QB, TE positions. We could use depth at, WR, NT, LB and QB position, but aren't in dire need, just depth to add some competition for the starting positions.

Now to who I think we might draft, it all depends on who will be on the board when we draft as the top 10 could go what seems like a 1000 different ways not to mention someone who's name hasn't even been mentioned could sneak into the top 10 and shake it up even more.

I think we need a QB, without a doubt. Could we draft either of the top 2 and they make an impact right away?? They could, but I don't care how much hype a player at any position gets it's alays a crap shoot, so speaking as a Dolphin fan I would be happy with Brady, Stanton or Edwards. I think those are the best three for us, I think Edwards will be better then Stanton and I would rather draft him, but Stanton probably will be our QB in round 2 so that answers the QB position and our second pick.

If we don't draft Brady Quinn which I don't think we do, then we take the BPA, if we stay at 9 there will only be a few players I believe to be the BPA at 9 and none of them will be an Olinemen IMO, I think Defense will be our first selection, most likely Okoye, Anderson or Branch. I don't know what to make of the Branch situation and his legs, so I won't rule him out. Do we need to draft a DT with the first overall pick? No but he could be the BPA when we draft. So he would be my guess in the first.

Who do I want?? I would love to have Landry, Okoye, Thomas, Quinn or Willis. If I had to choose one of the above players, I'd say Quinn because of the importance of the QB position in the NFL and we need to settle that position. Am I more comfotable with him over Stanton or Edwards?? Not much, but there is no doubt Brady is the most polished and I love that he worked under Weiss.

So to answer your questions,

1) Branch

2) Quinn

justasportsfan
04-26-2007, 05:18 PM
Haha! Classic, Finheaven's version of The Answer (FTP) and The Answer himself having a conversation.

TacklingDummy
04-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I think the Raiders are going to pick whoever they can negotiate the cheapest contract with between Quinn, Russell, and Johnson.

So Im going to guess Quinn is going to be a Raider and Russell will be a Brown.

BILLSROCK1212
04-26-2007, 05:58 PM
A little bird told The Answer that Cleveland is locked in to Brady Quinn at #3, assuming he don't go in the first 2 picks.

This does make a lot of sense when you think about it - Charlie Frey is not THE ANSWER at QB and Crennell's relationship with Charlie Weis gives him the most valuable scouting report available.

Also - the last 'blue chip' 1st round prospect that the Browns took at RB ended up being a bust. (William Green), and given AP's injury concerns the Cleveland front office is staying clear of this one.

BOOK IT!!!!

~The Answer
i may actually be able to believe this

J TES
04-26-2007, 06:04 PM

BOOK IT!!!!

~The Answer
Wow. This must have been the same bird that told Don banks the exact same thing hours earlier. INCORRECT ANSWER

Mr. Pink
04-26-2007, 06:12 PM

BOOK IT!!!!

~The Answer
Because the last 'blue chip' 1st round prospect the Browns took at QB ended up being a bust. (Tim Couch), and given BQ's terrible performances against top caliber collegiate programs the Cleveland front office is staying clear of this one.

How's that for breaking news? WRONG ANSWER AGAIN

BOOK IT!

-FunTimesYaY!

patmoran2006
04-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I'll be shocked if they dont take AP unless
1- Russell magically falls to them.
2- Something much more deeper is wrong with AP, injury wise.

And anyway.. I still think they'd take Joe Thomas before Quinn anyway.

!Papacrunk!
04-26-2007, 06:42 PM
I'm not sure if it will be the Browns, but I have a feeling Quinn will be gone before #9. I imaginje Quinn is at the top of their bhoard, if he's not available then maybe they'll take the guy who has appeared on a lot of mock drafts--Levi Brown. I'd be EXTREMELY shocked if the Phins don't use a 1st day pick on a QB.

Philagape
04-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Wow. This must have been the same bird that told Don banks the exact same thing hours earlier. INCORRECT ANSWER

:funny:

Devin
04-26-2007, 07:07 PM

BOOK IT!!!!

~The Answer

A little birdie huh.

Considering Don Banks of SI. Said this a day or two ago (almost word for word) and its been posted here at least twice.......

:rolleyes:

The Answer
04-26-2007, 07:40 PM
Haha! Classic, Finheaven's version of The Answer (FTP) and The Answer himself having a conversation.

Even though he's a dolfellon fan - FTP does bring well thought out arguements to the table.

~The Answer

The Answer
04-26-2007, 07:41 PM
A little birdie huh.

Considering Don Banks of SI. Said this a day or two ago (almost word for word) and its been posted here at least twice.......

:rolleyes:

The Answer wasn't aware of any Don Banks/SI discussion regarding the browns or Quinn - rest assured though that The Answer's inside sources are dialed in to several hot rumors flying around right now that The Answer can't share at the moment - BUT if The Answer gets the green light he'll be sure to share them with the rest of the forum.

Stay tuned - things are going to heat up the next 24 hours leading up the the draft.

~The Answer

Devin
04-26-2007, 07:42 PM
You have to be kidding me.