• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Turner in town....

My aunt's firm does marketing for the BB and she has been on their account for some time now. someone in the organization told her that Turner was in town secretely talking about a deal. Nothing too crazy, but they are trying to strike up a deal before the draft. She said that Turner's first visit was nothng more than a tour of the organization and a tour of the city. He came in last week to negotiate a deal and possibly set someting up for a third round with AJ. Apparently, AJ is starting to bend a little because he knows next year that he will receive nothing for Turner in Free agency.

My opinion is that i don't want this guy for a more than a third. He is not worth it. He has proven nothing than a good Back up, behind a GREAT oline. if we got 2 3rd's for Mcgahee, then a backup isn' t worth much more. Turner was drafted in the 5th round, now is demanding a 1st? he has a 6yd per carry avg, if he is that great, why isn't every team involved in this trade? somehting is missing. Maybe his avg is inflated just a tad. If you take away is 80 yd scamper he had last year, his avg is 4.9.. just somehtin to think about....

BTW, if i am willing to accept the fact that people are calling this post BS, but take it for what you will. Does it sound like i am completely out of my mind?

You guys don't have to believe this but this guy is pretty reliable....and he is not lying....if we could get Turner for our 3rd and especially our lower 3rd (which probably won't happen) I would be ecstatic and even more ecstatic if it was a 3rd next year but that is just wishful thinking
  • streetkings01
    • Jul 2006

Re: Turner in town....

A guy with 34 post and a join date of 03/26/07 is considered reliable?:liar2:
    You can call me streetkings

Comment

• camelcowboy
      • Mar 2005

AJ will not trade turner for a third. He would be better off keeping him. In the end he'll be dealt for a second. As far this whole turner being in town thing its one step up from someone in the airport seeing him.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
        My aunt's firm does marketing for the BB and she has been on their account for some time now. someone in the organization told her that Turner was in town secretely talking about a deal. Nothing too crazy, but they are trying to strike up a deal before the draft. She said that Turner's first visit was nothng more than a tour of the organization and a tour of the city. He came in last week to negotiate a deal and possibly set someting up for a third round with AJ. Apparently, AJ is starting to bend a little because he knows next year that he will receive nothing for Turner in Free agency.

My opinion is that i don't want this guy for a more than a third. He is not worth it. He has proven nothing than a good Back up, behind a GREAT oline. if we got 2 3rd's for Mcgahee, then a backup isn' t worth much more. Turner was drafted in the 5th round, now is demanding a 1st? he has a 6yd per carry avg, if he is that great, why isn't every team involved in this trade? somehting is missing. Maybe his avg is inflated just a tad. If you take away is 80 yd scamper he had last year, his avg is 4.9.. just somehtin to think about....

BTW, if i am willing to accept the fact that people are calling this post BS, but take it for what you will. Does it sound like i am completely out of my mind?

You guys don't have to believe this but this guy is pretty reliable....and he is not lying....if we could get Turner for our 3rd and especially our lower 3rd (which probably won't happen) I would be ecstatic and even more ecstatic if it was a 3rd next year but that is just wishful thinking
        Why the hell did he sign his tender then?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

He'd have to be under contract to be traded. That's why.

Without signing the tender, he was a free agent, and free to go wherever he wanted. Leaving the Chargers no ability to trade him, because they didn't have rights to him.

Make sense?

Now, this doesn't automatically mean he's being traded either, but just some info.

Comment

• Bmax
            • Aug 2003

If the trade is going to happen it more likely it would be a 3rd this year and a conditional pick next year say 2nd to 4th rd pick....

Bmax

Oh by the way the guys on ESPN NFL LIVE were saying that a trade with Turner might happen.....Between the Titans and the Bills....

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Bmax
              If the trade is going to happen it more likely it would be a 3rd this year and a conditional pick next year say 2nd to 4th rd pick....

Bmax

Oh by the way the guys on ESPN NFL LIVE were saying that a trade with Turner might happen.....Between the Titans and the Bills....
              3rd is not enought for turner, chargers will keep them before they do that.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                He'd have to be under contract to be traded. That's why.

Without signing the tender, he was a free agent, and free to go wherever he wanted. Leaving the Chargers no ability to trade him, because they didn't have rights to him.

Make sense?

Now, this doesn't automatically mean he's being traded either, but just some info.
                Well, technically he was free to sign another offer, which the Chargers could then match, but nobody's going to give the guy an offer when it is going to cost them a first and third round draft choice. I get your point though. This was a step that had to be taken whether or not he eventually gets traded.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

The RFA signing period is over, so Turner can't make anymore "visits". If the Chargers gave permission he might be able to do that, but that would be reported.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    Well, technically he was free to sign another offer, which the Chargers could then match, but nobody's going to give the guy an offer when it is going to cost them a first and third round draft choice..
                    No, he can't. The RFA signing period ended last Friday at 4 PM. He can't sign with anyone else, he can only be traded.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                      The RFA signing period is over, so Turner can't make anymore "visits". If the Chargers gave permission he might be able to do that, but that would be reported.
                      That's why the visit was secret. Geez.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                        That's why the visit was secret. Geez.
                        In violation of league policy kind of secret?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Well, everything was ok until that idiot aunt started blabbing.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

No more secrets!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                              Well, everything was ok until that idiot aunt started blabbing.
                              Haha!
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X