PDA

View Full Version : Marty Booker on Trading Block

!Papacrunk!
04-26-2007, 07:13 PM
Dolphins WR Booker on trading block (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-booker042607,0,5862884.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front)

The Dolphins aren't done trying to dismantle their roster from last season, with a source saying today that wide receiver Marty Booker is on the trading block.

It's unknown what compensation the Dolphins are seeking for Booker, an eight-year veteran who was acquired in 2004 along with a third-round draft choice from Chicago for defensive end Adewale Ogunleye. The Dolphins have tried to accumulate draft picks by trading other veterans and have accumulated 10 selections heading into this weekend's draft.

I guess we finally have a coach and GM that really do believe in building through the draft. The article also mentions Ted Ginn Jr as a target especially since Cameron has known him since Ginn was 13, plus Chambers has been a close friend with him as well. I wouldn't mind the Phins drafting Ginn Jr, but it'd be a lot better if they got him from trading down in the draft and getting some more picks or whatever.

gr8slayer
04-26-2007, 07:13 PM
:ill: no thanks

Bling
04-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Marty Booker, Ricky Williams, Daunte Culpepper, 2nd round pick, 9th overall to Oakland for 1st overall. Sounds good to me.

OpIv37
04-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Marty Booker, Ricky Williams, Daunte Culpepper, 2nd round pick, 9th overall to Oakland for 1st overall. Sounds good to me.

or you could just give them Culpepper and Williams for a sack of slightly used footballs and some dirty jock straps.

Bling
04-26-2007, 07:37 PM
or you could just give them Culpepper and Williams for a sack of slightly used footballs and some dirty jock straps.

Ricky has said he'd love to play in Oakland, and they need that QB. Take our garbage!

Ickybaluky
04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
I've always liked Booker, but the guy is always banged up, is getting older and carries a salary of $3M this year.

I'm not too surprised Miami is willing to deal him, because they are thinking more long-term.

Ickybaluky
04-26-2007, 08:14 PM
Ricky has said he'd love to play in Oakland, and they need that QB. Take our garbage!

I'd take Ricky in a heartbeat.

justasportsfan
04-26-2007, 08:16 PM
didn't he play for Jauron?

Ickybaluky
04-26-2007, 08:21 PM
didn't he play for Jauron?

Yes, he played in Chicago when Jauron was head coach.

LtFinFan66
04-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Marty Booker, Ricky Williams, Daunte Culpepper, 2nd round pick, 9th overall to Oakland for 1st overall. Sounds good to me.no

justasportsfan
04-26-2007, 08:27 PM
Yes, he played in Chicago when Jauron was head coach.
he went to the probowl then. It really shouldn't matter whether he played for Dick ( :ill: ) , I think Fairchild would have to want booker plus the cost. With that said, he ain't coming here. No rival trades.

BTW, we have an up and coming DT who can wrestle. Maybe we can trade Anderson for Booker. That would be a fair deal.

Ickybaluky
04-26-2007, 08:34 PM
he went to the probowl then. It really shouldn't matter whether he played for Dick ( :ill: ) , I think Fairchild would have to want booker plus the cost. With that said, he ain't coming here. No rival trades.

I don't know if he is as good a fit for Fairchild's offense, which emphasizes speed at the WR position.

However, if Miami can't trade him it wouldn't be surprising if they just cut him to save the $3M. It depends what else they have at WR, but it wouldn't surprise me.

feelthepain
04-26-2007, 09:01 PM
I don't know if he is as good a fit for Fairchild's offense, which emphasizes speed at the WR position.

However, if Miami can't trade him it wouldn't be surprising if they just cut him to save the $3M. It depends what else they have at WR, but it wouldn't surprise me.

We gave him a $600,000.00 signing bonus, I doubt we cut him.

!Papacrunk!
04-26-2007, 09:09 PM
I've thought Booker has been pretty good for us, a good role player. He really turned it up towards the end of the season--I picked him up later on for FF and he got me some good FF points, all considering. Even though i wish we could've kept Ogunleye, I've liked Booker's contributions.

dolphan117
04-26-2007, 09:12 PM
We gave him a $600,000.00 signing bonus, I doubt we cut him.Are you sure? I thought he was only on the books for his base salary but I could be wrong. One of the Florida papers is reporting that if he we cant deal him he would indeed be cut which I simply don't understand. 3 mill for a reliable number 2 receiver isn't that bad especially given the lack of depth we have behind him IMO.

feelthepain
04-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Are you sure? I thought he was only on the books for his base salary but I could be wrong. One of the Florida papers is reporting that if he we cant deal him he would indeed be cut which I simply don't understand. 3 mill for a reliable number 2 receiver isn't that bad especially given the lack of depth we have behind him IMO.

Yeah I'm sure, it was a roster bonus, not signing bonus.

Ickybaluky
04-26-2007, 09:38 PM
We gave him a $600,000.00 signing bonus, I doubt we cut him.

I read about the bonus, but I think he might get cut anyway. It depends on what happens in the draft. If they get a couple young WR they like it would not suprise me if they let him go.

feelthepain
04-26-2007, 09:42 PM
I read about the bonus, but I think he might get cut anyway. It depends on what happens in the draft. If they get a couple young WR they like it would not suprise me if they let him go.

Yeah well, they thought the same thing about Mare.

Night Train
04-27-2007, 04:45 AM
I always thought Booker was a very good, sure handed WR.

Injuries and a slightly high salary hurt him but he'll be on someones roster making catches this coming season.

Bling
04-27-2007, 06:00 PM
no

Why not? Every single one of them is garbage. Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller are just listening to me. First I said Miami needs to draft a QB. Then I said to let Ricky go. Then I said use Marty Booker and Daunte Culpepper as trade bait. Sure, none have happened, but I've been pretty good with the media stories. Maybe I'm just giving the media crap to write about in their columns.

RedEyE
04-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Chances are, Marty Booker was injured stepping onto the trading block.

!Papacrunk!
04-27-2007, 06:03 PM
nah, but he may have slipped off of it though

Bling
04-27-2007, 06:04 PM

Which is why players don't get traded for draft picks in that year. Pending a physical.