PDA

View Full Version : To Switch with Houston....

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2007, 10:36 PM
And move ahead of San Fran, it will likely cost the Bills their 4th and 6th round picks (and maybe a 7th), if the "draft value chart" is to be beleived.

Another option would be the Bills 1st and Titans 3rd for Houston's 1st and 5th. (My preference)

Thoughts? Worth it to ensure Patrick Willis?

gr8slayer
04-26-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with Willis, no one cared about the guy until he ran a good forty which amounts to nothing.

G. Host
04-26-2007, 10:41 PM
I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with Willis, no one cared about the guy until he ran a good forty which amounts to nothing. It means he has a good chance of outrunning the cops. I do not want another Willis. The jokes were bad enough once.

Devin
04-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Im down for a 1st and 5th.

gr8slayer
04-26-2007, 10:44 PM
I would rather have Landry.

camelcowboy
04-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with Willis, no one cared about the guy until he ran a good forty which amounts to nothing. He was the number one backer in the draft but he became a top pick in the draft with those 40 times.

camelcowboy
04-26-2007, 11:31 PM
I would rather have Landry. I agree, Whitner could play some corner.

DraftBoy
04-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Id rather sit pat honestly, its not worth it to move up just for Willis, he's not a game changer on D. Its just a waste of picks imo.

mikemac2001
04-27-2007, 12:21 AM
Sit tight if AP is there its Diff story, Id like laundry but safety isnt a need and i think we are alright there....Other the AP or CJ i dont want to trade up...if willis is gone id trade down or draft lynch and move on

Don't Panic
04-27-2007, 06:04 AM
I don't know why everyone is so obsessed with Willis, no one cared about the guy until he ran a good forty which amounts to nothing.

Are you kidding? I take it you are, or else you must not have heard of a game called the Senior Bowl. He was the best player on the field that weekend and drew raves from scores of people. Forty time be damend, the kid is a football player. BTW, I saw a piece on him on NFLN yesterday talking about how his father was beating his little sister and how his little brother passed away. Tear jerker... he's a tough kid. Loved his attitude/demeanor. They were calling him a future Pro Bowler and said he'll catch up in the coverage dept. with time... he has all the skills to learn. I'm completely sold on him, 100%. Trading up to #10 is about as far as I'd go, but I'm not sure we can afford to give up enough without hurting ourselves to do it. The Ravens 3rd with a 5th in return is about as much as I'd give.

YardRat
04-27-2007, 06:08 AM
Stand pat at 12, or move down and get more picks. No trading up.

Mitchy moo
04-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Stand pat at 12, or move down and get more picks. No trading up.

We can move down with Tennessee and have them use their 2nd round pick to get Turner from SD for us as well.

Night Train
04-27-2007, 06:40 AM
I don't wish to trade up at all.

Sit pat or trade down to aquire extra picks.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 08:01 AM
He's worth it.

Move up two spots and you have your MLB for the next 7 years; no question about it. Crowell can be excellent on the strong side.

This defense aint going ANYWHERE until its better in the front seven....

camelcowboy
04-27-2007, 09:05 AM
Theres going to be a big difference between AP and Lynch. And Wills and well everyone else. A trade up is the move.

Gunzlingr
04-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Trading up is a waste. Stay or move down (tho I don't think anyone will want to move up)

gr8slayer
04-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Are you kidding? I take it you are, or else you must not have heard of a game called the Senior Bowl. He was the best player on the field that weekend and drew raves from scores of people. Forty time be damend, the kid is a football player. BTW, I saw a piece on him on NFLN yesterday talking about how his father was beating his little sister and how his little brother passed away. Tear jerker... he's a tough kid. Loved his attitude/demeanor. They were calling him a future Pro Bowler and said he'll catch up in the coverage dept. with time... he has all the skills to learn. I'm completely sold on him, 100%. Trading up to #10 is about as far as I'd go, but I'm not sure we can afford to give up enough without hurting ourselves to do it. The Ravens 3rd with a 5th in return is about as much as I'd give.
So did ten other guys. What's your point? It's a pointless Pro Bowl for college players, some of which aren't even the best players at their positions, they just happen to be seniors.

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 09:47 AM
Id rather sit pat honestly, its not worth it to move up just for Willis, he's not a game changer on D. Its just a waste of picks imo.

Some people will disagree and go as far as saying our 2007 season depends on drafting him.

DraftBoy
04-27-2007, 01:47 PM
Some people will disagree and go as far as saying our 2007 season depends on drafting him.

And they are wrong to disagree, but they are correct in saying our 07 season hinges on a good draft.

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Willis is nasty man hes going to be a pro bowl LB and I would be happy to give that up for him. Watch some highlights of him he has crazy speed to the ball and makes a ton of plays in the backfield which is exactly what people said Fletcher didn't do. If you want an LB that lives in the backfield and can cover anyone then take P-Willie.

Night Train
04-27-2007, 03:22 PM
And move ahead of San Fran, it will likely cost the Bills their 4th and 6th round picks (and maybe a 7th), if the "draft value chart" is to be beleived.

Another option would be the Bills 1st and Titans 3rd for Houston's 1st and 5th. (My preference)

No. It's not.

We are not a team that should be giving away picks and should consider moving down to get more, if offered a chance.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2007, 03:26 PM

The Bills will not move up. No way.

X-Era
04-27-2007, 03:49 PM

I like your preference alot better to be honest and it makes sense.

In every mock Ive done I havent found a pick that seems like a good value in that later 3rd. Id like to see us get back that 5th and use it for a sleeper.

Don't Panic
04-28-2007, 07:01 AM
So did ten other guys. What's your point? It's a pointless Pro Bowl for college players, some of which aren't even the best players at their positions, they just happen to be seniors.

How can 10 other guys be the best player on the field??

The Spaz
04-28-2007, 07:05 AM
If we want AP we will move up, if not I say stay pat and see what we have and if we can move down grab the guy we want and then see if we can move back into the 1st.:up: