PDA

View Full Version : The Mort Report

BigGabes23
04-27-2007, 07:48 AM
On Mike and Mike this morning... "There is no way Michael Turner is going to Bufffalo." Also, "There is no way Adrian Peterson makes it past seven and the Vikings."

Implied that the Titans will give up their first pick (in some way) for him. Nothing really earth shattering, except he says that Detroit-Atlanta trade for CJ is "Fiction."

SquishDaFish
04-27-2007, 07:58 AM
Yea Mort is one guy I believe LMAO. He talks more our his ass then anyone

The Spaz
04-27-2007, 08:12 AM
Mort just loves the Bills...

jdbillsfan
04-27-2007, 08:13 AM
On Mike and Mike this morning... "There is no way Michael Turner is going to Bufffalo." Also, "There is no way Adrian Peterson makes it past seven and the Vikings."

Implied that the Titans will give up their first pick (in some way) for him. Nothing really earth shattering, except he says that Detroit-Atlanta trade for CJ is "Fiction."

That would suck. Mort is a loser, so I won't rule out getting Turner, but its not a good sign.

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Whatever Mortensen. I used to like you until you've grown to be more and more of a Bills hater. Now you're just an *******. **** you Mort.

don137
04-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Mort is one of the more inaccurate prognasticators around. I will give him the benefit and if it is true maybe the Titans want to see if they can get Turner for less than a first if Buffalo takes an RB and will give up there first if Buffalo does not take an RB.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 08:21 AM
The reason why Mort says there isnt no chance of Turner going to the bills, is because he is convinced (whether rightfully so or not) that Ralph Wilson isn't even trying to win, and he's said it more than once.

Turner will cost some bucks, I hope Mort is wrong, but forget the compensation he doesnt think Buffalo will budge on their own self imposed cap, so no turner.

If Tenn gives up their first than Turner then I take my hat off to AJ Smith.. but if its a second, I will be fuming as our second is better.......... Whoever doesnt think Turner is a solid starter in this league, potentially even a top 10 back is nutso

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2007, 08:22 AM
I think they'll settle for a third and next year's second.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2007, 08:23 AM
:ill:

jdbillsfan
04-27-2007, 08:24 AM
The reason why Mort says there isnt no chance of Turner going to the bills, is because he is convinced (whether rightfully so or not) that Ralph Wilson isn't even trying to win, and he's said it more than once.

Turner will cost some bucks, I hope Mort is wrong, but forget the compensation he doesnt think Buffalo will budge on their own self imposed cap, so no turner.

If Tenn gives up their first than Turner then I take my hat off to AJ Smith.. but if its a second, I will be fuming as our second is better.......... Whoever doesnt think Turner is a solid starter in this league, potentially even a top 10 back is nutso

I am hoping Mort is basing it soley on his opinion and not actually talking to inside people at the respective clubs.

mayotm
04-27-2007, 08:24 AM

If Tenn gives up their first than Turner then I take my hat off to AJ Smith.. but if its a second, I will be fuming as our second is better.......... Whoever doesnt think Turner is a solid starter in this league, potentially even a top 10 back is nutsoCome tomorrow, you will be "fuming" regardless of what the Bills do.

TedMock
04-27-2007, 08:26 AM
How far has Mort fallen with regard to his inside scoop? At one time he was the man. Over the last few years he's been getting more and more opinionated with his prognostications, but he's been more and more wrong with them as well. As Bills fans we've grown to dislike him because he hammers our team, but, that aside, he really has gotten worse overall. Do the coaches/teams/players/owners just like Adam Schefter a lot more? He seems more credible to me although I do find him slightly annoying as well.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 08:29 AM
I am hoping Mort is basing it soley on his opinion and not actually talking to inside people at the respective clubs.
My opinion is its just his opinion at this time and has no inside info, **** Turner just signed the tender yesterday...

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2007, 08:30 AM
They couldn't trade Turner unless he signed the tender.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 08:30 AM
Come tomorrow, you will be "fuming" regardless of what the Bills do.
Bull**** I will be..........I evaluate our draft fairly and while almost everybody was blasting the bIlls after the 2006 I was one of the few who stuck up for it.

There are many ways for this to be a good draft. And I just hope we're
1) Opportunistic
2) Dont draft a CB first or POS with the 12th pick (trade down is fine for him)

madness
04-27-2007, 08:38 AM

Mort is patmoron2006???

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Mort is patmoron2006???
Those are the stupid comments that lead to all the crap that's been going on here. Ignorant and unecessary.

I repeated word for word what MOrt said on the AIR about Buffalo. More than once

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Holy Grail!!!

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Oops sorry EE. :ill:

gr8slayer
04-27-2007, 08:46 AM
I really don't care about Turner at this point. I would rather build via the draft anyway.

Lynch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Turner

madness
04-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Those are the stupid comments that lead to all the crap that's been going on here. Ignorant and unecessary.

I repeated word for word what MOrt said on the AIR about Buffalo. More than once

You are assuming that I was referring to the credibility of the report. It is ignorant and unnecessary to post Ralph is cheap 5x a day. Trust me, we already know how you feel.

Mort is still sour that his buddy got canned. I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

JJamezz
04-27-2007, 08:57 AM
I agree, Mort used to be one of the best - well, one of my favorites anyway..

But how someone who had his reputation & stature could be SO completely unprofessional and let his personal feelings make him look like SUCH an a**hole, is really beyond me - and for so long, its been almost a year and a half Mort, get the f over it! Its like every time he hears the word 'Buffalo' he slips into some psychotic rant, and doesn't even try to hide his hatred. I think the guy really has emotional problems.

Lets please revisit this thread tomorrow - Monday, after Turner is a Bill, so we can mass email that jackass...

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 09:02 AM

look whose talking? :deadhorse:

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 09:04 AM
I agree, Mort used to be one of the best - well, one of my favorites anyway..

But how someone who had his reputation & stature could be SO completely unprofessional and let his personal feelings make him look like SUCH an a**hole, is really beyond me - and for so long, its been almost a year and a half Mort, get the f over it! Its like every time he hears the word 'Buffalo' he slips into some psychotic rant, and doesn't even try to hide his hatred. I think the guy really has emotional problems.

Lets please revisit this thread tomorrow - Monday, after Turner is a Bill, so we can mass email that jackass...
Cant disagree, he clearly hates the Bills.. I dont dispute that. and he is TD's bed buddy

But I do stand by my thinking that what he said about our front office has merit until proven otherwise.

BigGabes23
04-27-2007, 09:23 AM

Yes... This is totally Correct. I agree about Turner as well, if he can be had for a 2nd, and we pass on him, it will be solely based on $$$$$$. I will be further upset if we then take a RB with the second round pick. I don't see any starters past the top 2 RB in this draft.

Ickybaluky
04-27-2007, 09:23 AM
BTW, he didn't say "no way".

He said based on what he heard from his sources Turner isn't going to Buffalo. He then said he would be shocked if Peterson slid further than Minnesota at #7.

I don't think Mort has any bias against Buffalo. I just think he doesn't think much of the team. It is his honest opinion.

JJamezz
04-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Cant disagree, he clearly hates the Bills.. I dont dispute that. and he is TD's bed buddy

But I do stand by my thinking that what he said about our front office has merit until proven otherwise.

There's a difference between having a legitimate concern, and letting your hatred for someone (some team) color every single word that comes out of your mouth about them.. Mort is a nut.

Personally, he's had his moments, but overall I don't think Ralph as cheap a bastard as many think he is.. With the obvious exception of Polian and Co., I think his problem has always been choosing the right people to run the show for him.

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Let's see, we haven't made the playoffs in years. There are 32 teams in 30 bigger cities. Can't imagine why he's not interested in us.

JJamezz
04-27-2007, 09:31 AM

Well, that does make a world of difference in this particular case..

I don't think Mort has any bias against Buffalo.

But that is laughable.

gr8slayer
04-27-2007, 09:31 AM

He said based on what he heard from his sources Turner isn't going to Buffalo. He then said he would be shocked if Peterson slid further than Minnesota at #7.

I don't think Mort has any bias against Buffalo. I just think he doesn't think much of the team. It is his honest opinion.

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2007/04/vikings-reasons-nottodraftpeterson270407.html

Vikings have 1,216 reasons not to draft Peterson

RealFootball365's own Connor Byrne unveiled his mock draft Thursday, and he's among many analysts who have the Minnesota Vikings choosing running back Adrian Peterson with the seventh overall pick.

"It's true the Vikings do have a good back in Chester Taylor, but he isn't a gamebreaker. Head coach Brad Childress would love to address the Vikings' weakest area, wide receiver; however, there aren't any options worthy of the seventh choice, and trading down will be tough. Minnesota will then take Peterson, who is the best offensive player on the board at this point. He'll certainly be an upgrade to the entire 'O', giving the Vikes a high-echelon one-two punch in the backfield," Byrne wrote.

It's hard to argue that Byrne's points are wrong. The Vikings may in fact draft the highly touted back who will surely be the best offensive player available -- of course, that's assuming Peterson is still on the board at No. 7.

For the intents and purposes of this article, however, let's suppose Peterson is a viable option when the Vikings are on the clock. The question then becomes, What will they do? And please, Minnesota, don't let the time run out. Thankfully for the Vikings, it appears that era has come and gone.

Anyway, though, should the Vikings draft strictly for need, or will they go with the player whom they perceive as the best available?

Personally, I subscribe to the latter theory. Had Minnesota also believed in this philosophy in 2005, star linebacker Shawne Merriman would be roaming the sidelines, wreaking havoc for the men in purple; instead, the organization is stuck with countless images of passes sliding through the hands of Troy Williamson.

Minnesota, then, is left with a quandary. The Vikings can either take Peterson, knowing full well that they already have Chester Taylor and Mewelde Moore as starting-caliber running backs, or they can look to the next option -- the second-best player available. However, this would likely be a defender, either safety LaRon Landry of LSU or ex-Clemson defensive end Gaines Adams.

Those who want Peterson will likely point to the Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts . They successfully used a pair of backs last year -- veteran Dominic Rhodes and rookie first-rounder Joseph Addai -- to provide a one-two punch, keeping both runners fresh throughout the season. Of course, if the Vikings grab Peterson they'll team him up with Taylor. Moore would then be relegated to kick-return duties and serve as the third running back.

NFL.com describes Peterson as being "blessed with a perfect blend of size, speed, strength and field vision."

Anyone who has watched Peterson knows the 218-pound back is a remarkable athlete. His problem has always been staying healthy. In three seasons at Oklahoma, he suffered a dislocated left shoulder, a right high-ankle sprain and a broken right clavicle.

In fact, Sports Illustrated writer Don Banks reported earlier this week that Peterson may need surgery to repair his collarbone, which he re-injured in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 1.

Injury concerns aside, one would be willing to bet Taylor and his 1,216 rushing yards from a year ago are reason enough to take a closer look at someone else with the seventh pick.

Then again, a one-two punch of Peterson and Taylor could be the Vikings' best since Robert Smith and Leroy Hoard were pairing up to damage opposing defenses. For Minnesota's fans, it could spell a return to a more explosive offense.

In any event, Saturday afternoon should be hotly debated in Vikingland, especially if the team passes on a high-impact player and ends up with another bust.

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 09:33 AM

I don't think Mort has any bias against Buffalo. I just think he doesn't think much of the team. It is his honest opinion.:phew: thanks for clearing it up.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
I'm sick of the cheap Wilson crap.

feelthepain
04-27-2007, 10:00 AM
There's always Lynch, who I believe will be a very good back.

wbat27
04-27-2007, 10:39 AM
this guys beliefs don't mean s**t to me, what happens will happen and as of now nobody knows what will really happen.

billsburgh
04-27-2007, 11:52 AM
On Mike and Mike this morning... "There is no way Michael Turner is going to Bufffalo."
who told him this? Tom Dohahoe? doesnt Mort know that he doesnt work for Buffalo anymore?

sllib
04-27-2007, 11:57 AM
At least Turner is somewhat proven at this level. Less risk than a rookie.

The Answer
04-27-2007, 01:02 PM
The Answer has said it once, and he'll say it again - Turner is not going to be a buffalo bill, so get over it.

~The Answer