PDA

View Full Version : What if?

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2007, 08:36 AM
What should Marv do if Willis and AP are gone at 12 and they find nobody willing to trade up to the 12th spot (or no fair deal)?

Who should the Bills take?

don137
04-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Beason...fast, cover 2 linebacker they desparately need

TedMock
04-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Best Player Available. I would assume the grab Darrell Reevis in that case. Not a bad pick.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 08:39 AM
IMO.. (I think you meant they dont trade down, becuase if they could I would trade down for sure).

Marshawn Lynch-- unless they plan on landing Turner.
IF they are landing turner, then jon Beason-- easily.

Look, I like Reevis alot, a hell of a lot better than Hall.. Just refuse to believe we'd pick a CB with our first rounder.

we let nate walk in part because of the $ (obviously) but in part because a corner like him isnt quite as important in THIS PARTICULAR defense.. So we're just going to replace the CB in round one before the 2 LB's or the RB?

That makes ZERO SENSE.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2007, 08:42 AM
IMO.. (I think you meant they dont trade down, becuase if they could I would trade down for sure).

Look, I like Reevis alot, a hell of a lot better than Hall.. Just refuse to believe we'd pick a CB with our first rounder.

we let nate walk in part because of the $ (obviously) but in part because a corner like him isnt quite as important in THIS PARTICULAR defense.. So we're just going to replace the CB in round one before the 2 LB's or the RB?

That makes ZERO SENSE.
Read the Thread Nancy. He said if NO ONE wants to trade up.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 08:43 AM
I misread it... Still, my answer responded to his question.

Lynch if we dont trade for Turner
Beason if we do.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2007, 08:43 AM
I made it even clearer for him.

TedMock
04-27-2007, 08:50 AM

That makes ZERO SENSE.

I can see what you're saying. I would trade down first too, but, if we couldn't I would be fine with either Reevis or Beason. In this particular case I choose Reevis primarily because I feel that there are a good handful of value LB's we can pick up in rounds 2 and 3. Guys like Buster Davis or Justin Durant would be real solid 3rd round values. The one advantage we have at LB is that Crowell could play inside and outside. That leaves us more options.

We drafted Youboty last year and I hope he turns out to be a stud, but the reality is that he was a 3rd round pick, not a first rounder. As a third rounder I fully expect him to be a very good number 2 CB for a long time. Of course, I hope he has number 1 talent, but, again, he's a 3rd rounder. If he was a first rounder I would fully expect him to be a number 1 CB by his 2nd season.

Ideally, we trade down to 20-something and take Beason there.

OpIv37
04-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Lynch or Reevis- Beason or Poz would be terrible value.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 09:00 AM
I can see what you're saying. I would trade down first too, but, if we couldn't I would be fine with either Reevis or Beason. In this particular case I choose Reevis primarily because I feel that there are a good handful of value LB's we can pick up in rounds 2 and 3. Guys like Buster Davis or Justin Durant would be real solid 3rd round values. The one advantage we have at LB is that Crowell could play inside and outside. That leaves us more options.

We drafted Youboty last year and I hope he turns out to be a stud, but the reality is that he was a 3rd round pick, not a first rounder. As a third rounder I fully expect him to be a very good number 2 CB for a long time. Of course, I hope he has number 1 talent, but, again, he's a 3rd rounder. If he was a first rounder I would fully expect him to be a number 1 CB by his 2nd season.

Ideally, we trade down to 20-something and take Beason there.
Excellent points and I'd be lying if I said I disagreed with you about the value of decent cover two LB's in rounds 2-3. The guys you mentioned plus Earl Everett and Rufus Alexander are cover two system LB's (I think).

Under Lecter's scenario I'd absolutely TRADE DOWN for two reasons...

I understand you need a trade partner to do that. IF Denver dont trade with Houston they'd be the strongest possibility.. Especially if Anderson or Carriker are on the board. Another team nobody talks about is the New York Giants, who would LOVE to get their hands on Reevis.

Anyway, the two reasons I'd trade down to the 18-24 spots.
1- you can still get Beason or Pos anyway
2- We'd have two second rounders, which would then make trading for Turner a no-brainer.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Lynch or Reevis- Beason or Poz would be terrible value. I disagree that Beason would be terrible value.. He's a cover two LB and he'll be gone within 4-5 picks after us if we didnt take him. he could be gone to Pitt at 15

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 09:05 AM
I made it even clearer for him.
haha! Nice try. Your thread got hijacked. Your terms aren't being met, negotiations are now going on and the trades are continuing. Maybe Pat will let some hostages go.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 09:08 AM
haha! Nice try. Your thread got hijacked. Your terms aren't being met, negotiations are now going on and the trades are continuing. Maybe Pat will let some hostages go.
you gonna start following my posts around again with your ignortant off-topic comments like usual?

Lecter posted a good question and I misread the trade part. Since then, I've answered the question ON TOPIC and related to the question.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2007, 09:09 AM
I misread it... Still, my answer responded to his question.

Lynch if we dont trade for Turner
Beason if we do.
Thank you.

TacklingDummy
04-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Get a room.

Holy Grail!!!

It was a easy frigging question. Who would you PICK if AP and Willis are both gone?

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2007, 09:11 AM
I know we have a ton of DT's, but would Okoye be too good to pass up if he is there? Or Levi Brown if he is there?

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 09:16 AM
I know we have a ton of DT's, but would Okoye be too good to pass up if he is there? Or Levi Brown if he is there?

I would take Okoye even if we stacked up the DT position. Eventually , we are gonna have to face LT again and eventually BUsh (NO). It's also been stated that teams are starting to go to a 2 back set which keeps rb's fresh.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 09:17 AM
of the two personally..
I'd take Levi Brown and move fathead Walker to right guard, where I think he's better suited.

Damn, that could be one hell of a OL aint it?

gr8slayer
04-27-2007, 09:17 AM
MARSHAWN LYNCH no matter who is still available. The guy is going to leave the league with a hand full of rings, he is dynamic as they come.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2007, 09:20 AM
of the two personally..
I'd take Levi Brown and move fathead Walker to right guard, where I think he's better suited.

Damn, that could be one hell of a OL aint it?

That is what I was leaning towards as well. It would be a great run blocking line. Mikey and I could line up at RB and have success.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 09:23 AM
I give Okoye a 40% chance of being on the board at 12.
Brown = 5% or less. That Atl, Mia, Hou, SF area, he's GONEEEE..

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2007, 09:26 AM
I give Okoye a 40% chance of being on the board at 12.
Brown = 5% or less. That Atl, Mia, Hou, SF area, he's GONEEEE..

If he goes to San Fran, that will give Willis about a 70% of being there, so all is well.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 09:27 AM
Which utlimately is what I hope ends up happening. I just dont think Brown last til 11 nor Okoye..

So with SF I think it comes down to Willis, Carriker/Anderson or a WR for them at that spot.

chubluv
04-27-2007, 10:38 AM
I think if the first 11 picks are as follow(in no particular order) Russell, Johnson, Quinn, Thomas ,Adams, Landry, Peterson, Okoye, Brown, Hall, Willis. And no wants to trade up to 12 then that would leave us plenty of options, but are any worth the 12 th pick?

IMO I would maybe take Greg Olsen, Alan Branch, Lynch or what ever WR we have ranked highest on our draft board.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Jon Beason. He's going to a damn good LB!