X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Draft Day Don'ts

These are the things I don't want Marv to do in this draft. Each year there are a couple players I just think are overrated or a bust. Also potential trades I wouldn't be happy with.

List your players or trades you don't want.

Dont Want:

Greg Olsen - Rose from the 2nd round to the first because of his 40 time. Didn't have much of a college career. Is a TE in a WR body.

Leon Hall - Got torched by Ginn and Jarrett. Ginn and Jarrett are very good, but shouldn't the best supposed corner in the draft slow them down? Doesn't play as fast as his 40. Does nothing great.

Trade for Julis Jones - Dallas is itching to trade this guy. He is an inconsistent injury prone RB. He has some burst, but has trouble staying on the field. He essentially has moved into a backup role in Dallas and is on his way out the door. I can't imagine his value would be worth more that a 4th rounder? I would rather have the 4th rounder.

Trade up for anyone but Peterson - I like Willis, but I am not sure I would want to give up extra draft picks for him. I would rather take my chances with a player like Beason, Timmons, or trade down and get more picks, than lose picks for Willis. If he falls, he falls. Also trading up for someone like Revis (I have heard he may go earlier) - see above.

Other than that, I am pretty open. I didn't mind the Whitner pick last year, because I think you have to look at what they do in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round to decide how you like the draft.

If the Bills pick someone like Branch, Anderson, Poz, Revis, Ginn, etc. they can draft a couple people who weren't expected to be there in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and it ends up being a good draft.

Go Bills!
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Draft Day Don'ts

Very good..

Agree with EVERYONE of them. Except I'd move up 2 spots for Willis if the price was draft chart value or smaller.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Don't worry about any of that, were taking Lynch.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

I'd add Pos, Revis and Branch to that list. I agree with Pat... if we can move up two spots and give up a pick after our first 3rd, I'd do it. Willis is worth it.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Don't draft a CB with the 12th overall pick, especially Leon Hall. If you want a CB for this team, trade down. But DON'T draft a Cornerback at #12. We have way too many more pressing needs.

Don't draft Branch. He's going to be the next Mike Williams and eat himself out of the NFL.

Don't trade for Julius Jones unless it's only a 3rd round pick or worse for him. I think he's another Chris Brown.

Don't draft any TE in the first 2 rounds. That is not a major need.

Don't draft a WR with the 12th overall pick. We could use a starter, but not as bad as we need a LB and RB.

Don't trade down too far, unless you are positive that the player you want will be there. I don't want to jump out of the top 20, if none of those LBs that we need won't be there. Poz and Beason are the ones I am talking about.

Don't trade up for Adrian Peterson. It will cost too much and won't be worth it. You can draft your RB in the first round and trade your 2nd rounder for Turner.
          Last edited by Michael82; 04-27-2007, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Anyone else got any?

Comment

• Talk0fNewYork
              ~ I Can't Feel My Face ~
              • Jan 2007

to marv and dick
              don't listen to anything we say!