PDA

View Full Version : Enough of the foolishness. Here's what is really gonna happen.

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2007, 09:50 AM
No trade for Briggs, Turner, LJ, Payton Manning or anybody else.

We're not trading up.

If we move, it's down. If we move down, we'll move to a point where we can get guys like David Harris and / or Chris Houston.

If we stay put, I'm still saying it's (in this order) Willis if he's there, Hall if he's there, or Revis.

We may make a McCargo type of trade putting together a 2 and a 3 to move into the late first or early second, once again to get a Harris / Houston.

We're not drafting a TE on day one.

We're not drafting a QB at all unless we take a flyer on someone in the 7th.

I would not be totally shocked if we didn't take a RB on day one.

Mitchy moo
04-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Bold call EE, I say the opposite & we go for CJ.

gr8slayer
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
Marshawn Faulk

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Maybe Turner I still think it could happen, but not for the first round pick.

We're not trading up.
Agree.

If we move, it's down. If we move down, we'll move to a point where we can get guys like David Harris and / or Chris Houston.
:puke: Houston, or CB in general in the 1st.

If we stay put, I'm still saying it's (in this order) Willis if he's there, Hall if he's there, or Revis.
Lynch is a major possibility. Again, :puke: on any CB.

We may make a McCargo type of trade putting together a 2 and a 3 to move into the late first or early second, once again to get a Harris / Houston.
Moving up is possible, but not for a CB.

Agree.

Agree.

Not shocked, but surprised and frankly disappointed.

THATHURMANATOR
04-27-2007, 10:10 AM

We're not trading up.

I wouldn't be surprised at all by this.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-27-2007, 10:11 AM
I'll bite:

I believe that the only trade that could possibly happen is with Turner. However, I think AJ Smith is going to price himself out of a trade.

We're not trading up.
No Way.

It seems like there are a heck of a lot of teams looking to move down and very few looking to move up. I can't see a move down.

I think Willis is the easy pick if #1, not sure about Hall or Revis, both have pos and neg.

I don't think the Bills give up any # of picks. If they can move down and pick up extra picks, then I can see it.

I believe the team is going to give Royal every chance to be a good/solid TE.

I disagree, I think you might see them pick someone in the 6th that isn't high on the boards, possibly someone like Taylor Palko.

Agree

A lot of your points should be pretty obvious.

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2007, 10:14 AM
I still marvel at the people who think we don't need a CB.

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2007, 10:16 AM
I still marvel at the people who think we don't need a CB.
Not in the first 2 rounds.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2007, 10:25 AM
If they trade, it will be for Turner. No LJ. Briggs is maybe a 1% chance.
Trade up is about 15%. Possible, but no higher than #10
Trade down is very possible if Peterson and Willis are gone.
Agreed. Reavis over Hall though. Lynch as a longshot.
Possible. I lke Houston.
Agreed.
Disagree. QB in the 6th or 7th.Roze, Zabransky or Palmer.
Agreed. Booker in round 4 (if he falls) would be a great fit.

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Not in the first 2 rounds.
During the bulk of the Polian / Marv years between 85 and 93 we drafted 4 DB's in the first round (Burroughs, James Williams, Henry Jones, and Thomas Smith) and 2 in the second (Odomes and Mitchell).

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Good point.

I still think they are taking a QB. Marv said as much during his press conferences.

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Good point.

I still think they are taking a QB. Marv said as much during his press conferences.
Marv has an evil plan! He's just fooling everyone!

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2007, 10:31 AM
During the bulk of the Polian / Marv years between 85 and 93 we drafted 4 DB's in the first round (Burroughs, James Williams, Henry Jones, and Thomas Smith) and 2 in the second (Odomes and Mitchell).
That's 4 DBs in the first round and 2 in the second in 8 years. We already got 3 last year. I think this year we could wait a couple of rounds before we get some more.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2007, 10:39 AM
Marv has an evil plan! He's just fooling everyone!

Besides, they still can play Nall Ball!

Earthquake Enyart
04-27-2007, 10:40 AM
That's 4 DBs in the first round and 2 in the second in 8 years. We already got 3 last year. I think this year we could wait a couple of rounds before we get some more.
Marv wants 1st or 2nd rounders playing DB, not 4th or 5th rounders. Contrary to popular beilef, DBs are one of the most important positions.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 10:41 AM
I still marvel at the people who think we don't need a CB. I dont think people dont think we dont need a CB.

Butwe dont need one in the first round, especially in this defense.

camelcowboy
04-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Trading up is a very good possiblity this year.

Night Train
04-27-2007, 10:53 AM
That's not a bad stab, EE.

I do think we'll draft a RB by no later than Round 3, if no Turner trade. We have 2 picks in that round.

ddaryl
04-27-2007, 11:33 AM
We're not trading up.

We will trade for somebody tommorow. Turner, or Jones. Briggs and LJ are not going ot happen.

We will make a move up or down. (I'm thinking down)

We will draft a QB on day 2

Elminster
04-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Marv wants 1st or 2nd rounders playing DB, not 4th or 5th rounders. Contrary to popular beilef, DBs are one of the most important positions. Some one better tell Polian then, I think he forgot. Either that, or CBs aren't that important ina cover-2. And we have Youboty....

Ickybaluky
04-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Some one better tell Polian then, I think he forgot. Either that, or CBs aren't that important ina cover-2. And we have Youboty....

Polian has drafted a bunch of DBs high:

Tim Jennings in the 2nd round in 2006.

Marlin Jackson in the 1st and Kelvin Hayden in the 2nd in 2005.

Bob Sanders in the 1st in 2004.

Joseph Jefferson in the 3rd in 2002.

Idrees Bashir in the 2nd and Cory Bird in the 3rd in 2001.

That is 7 DBs on the first day of the draft in the last 6 years: 2 1sts, 3 2nds and 2 3rds.

That sounds like a Tampa-2 defensive team that values secondary players.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 12:05 PM
The Bills will draft a Quarterback, but it won't be until round 6 or 7. Here's who we're drafting....

http://www.gvfootball.com/images/gallery/7973935525835511.jpg
Cullen Finnerty

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070425/SPORTS11/704250433/1049/SPORTS01