PDA

View Full Version : Alright, who haven't we discussed yet?

Michael82
04-27-2007, 11:25 AM
We have talked about the Bills drafting almost every possible LB at #12, except Lawrence Timmons. We have also talked about both Darrelle Revis and Leon Hall at CB. We started out the offseason by discussing the DTs like Okoye and Branch. And we also talked about Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. Last year, Marv completely shocked all of us and threw us off completely. TD did that with Willis McGahee a few years ago and also surprised people a bit with some of his other picks. So here's the question...who have we not discussed? Is there anyone left? Something tells me that Marv has another player in mind that we still haven't talked about yet. Who do you think it is? Here's my take.....

DE Gaines Adams or DE Jamaal Anderson.

I know that we signed Kelsay to a ridiculous contract and have Schobel and Denney already. But something tells me that Schobel lost weight for a reason. I'm starting to wonder if they are planning on shifting him to LB and drafting one of the top DEs. It would definitely be a shocker to everyone here. Don't ya think?

billsburgh
04-27-2007, 11:28 AM
:pray: that Brady Quinn falls like Leinart did last year so that we can finally fix that nagging qb problem.

/sarcasm

Michael82
04-27-2007, 11:29 AM
:pray: that Brady Quinn falls like Leinart did last year so that we can finally fix that nagging qb problem.

/sarcasm
:rofl:

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 11:29 AM
I think the one thing we havent discussed yet is the possibility that maybe Buffalo may take a blue-chip guard prospect in rounds one or two.

If they traded down, I"m hearing that Ben Grubbs is a pro bowl calibre guard. How sweet would he be? Or perhaps going towards the bottom of round one and drafting Staley or Ugoh and moving Walker to tackle.

Granted, its VERY unlikely to happen-- but certainly possible and worth a discussion.

Personally, Im far from sold on the right side of our OL. I'd love a stud right guard, or a solid prospect so we can move Wobble Walker over to RG. WE're giving him 25 mil so we're stuck with him somewhere for at least two years.

But even if Walker is great, OL early isnt out of question.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Another thought is....Levi Brown. If he's there, I think that the Bills might really consider him there. Our LT is set, but we could always draft Brown and shift Walker to RG. :up: Or maybe we trade down and take Joe Staley.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 11:58 AM
I think the one thing we havent discussed yet is the possibility that maybe Buffalo may take a blue-chip guard prospect in rounds one or two.

If they traded down, I"m hearing that Ben Grubbs is a pro bowl calibre guard. How sweet would he be? Or perhaps going towards the bottom of round one and drafting Staley or Ugoh and moving Walker to tackle.

Granted, its VERY unlikely to happen-- but certainly possible and worth a discussion.

Personally, Im far from sold on the right side of our OL. I'd love a stud right guard, or a solid prospect so we can move Wobble Walker over to RG. WE're giving him 25 mil so we're stuck with him somewhere for at least two years.

Trading down for Grubbs would be a good one too. But we got soo many other needs right now.

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Mikey I think we might be looking at a punter to be the heir apparent to Moorman...

Michael82
04-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Mikey I think we might be looking at a punter to be the heir apparent to Moorman...
no way in hell will a kicker or punter be drafted.

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2007, 12:12 PM
no way in hell will a kicker or punter be drafted.
Oh suddenly you want to talk seriously???

Michael82
04-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Oh suddenly you want to talk seriously???
:rofl: I'm being serious in this thread. I really believe that Marv is going to do something thats going to make all of us scratch our heads or fall off our chairs. Picking a DE in the first round would do that with me.

jdbillsfan
04-27-2007, 01:11 PM

I wouldn't mind Grubbs either. Preston, Butler, Walker dont install a ton of confidence at RG.

jdbillsfan
04-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Ryan Kalil maybe?

madness
04-27-2007, 01:14 PM
We have talked about the Bills drafting almost every possible LB at #12, except Lawrence Timmons.

If someone else selects my sleeper in your contest because of this thread, I'm going to beat you severely. :club:

Michael82
04-27-2007, 01:18 PM
If someone else selects my sleeper in your contest because of this thread, I'm going to beat you severely. :club:
There are a few people that took sleepers. But no one changed their pick yet. I'll bump it up now. :snicker:

Mr. Pink
04-27-2007, 01:18 PM
YES!

Somewhere else to put Greg Olsen TE!

madness
04-27-2007, 01:24 PM
There are a few people that took sleepers. But no one changed their pick yet. I'll bump it up now. :snicker:

I'm a greedy sunova... :rock:

Ed
04-27-2007, 01:34 PM
I guess one position that we haven't realistically discussed at #12 is WR. We've talked about trading down or grabbing one in the 2nd or 3rd, but a WR at #12 would definitely be somewhat of a shock. If things end up falling a certain way, it might end up being the best value.

So I'm gonna go with Meachem or Bowe as a possible surprise pick at #12, but DE would probably be a bigger shock since we really haven't discussed that at all.

acehole
04-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Check my mock from Yesterday......DE J Anderson is my # 1 pick. If he fall we will ake him....DE G Adams will not fall.

We have talked about the Bills drafting almost every possible LB at #12, except Lawrence Timmons. We have also talked about both Darrelle Revis and Leon Hall at CB. We started out the offseason by discussing the DTs like Okoye and Branch. And we also talked about Adrian Peterson and Marshawn Lynch. Last year, Marv completely shocked all of us and threw us off completely. TD did that with Willis McGahee a few years ago and also surprised people a bit with some of his other picks. So here's the question...who have we not discussed? Is there anyone left? Something tells me that Marv has another player in mind that we still haven't talked about yet. Who do you think it is? Here's my take.....

DE Gaines Adams or DE Jamaal Anderson.

I know that we signed Kelsay to a ridiculous contract and have Schobel and Denney already. But something tells me that Schobel lost weight for a reason. I'm starting to wonder if they are planning on shifting him to LB and drafting one of the top DEs. It would definitely be a shocker to everyone here. Don't ya think?

Michael82
04-27-2007, 01:45 PM
I guess one position that we haven't realistically discussed at #12 is WR. We've talked about trading down or grabbing one in the 2nd or 3rd, but a WR at #12 would definitely be somewhat of a shock. If things end up falling a certain way, it might end up being the best value.

So I'm gonna go with Meachem or Bowe as a possible surprise pick at #12, but DE would probably be a bigger shock since we really haven't discussed that at all.
I wouldn't mind either Meachem or Bowe in the first round, but not at 12. We have so many needs that i would want another 2nd rounder for us to pick either of them.

Ed
04-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't mind either Meachem or Bowe in the first round, but not at 12. We have so many needs that i would want another 2nd rounder for us to pick either of them.
Me too, but we all said the same thing about Whitner last year. No one would have been happy before the draft about taking Whitner without it involving a trade down.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Me too, but we all said the same thing about Whitner last year. No one would have been happy before the draft about taking Whitner without it involving a trade down.
Good point....if we had to pick one of the receivers, I'd take Dwayne Bowe. He's going to be very good and would make our JP Losman and Lee Evans even better! :drool: