PDA

View Full Version : "I'd be very, very pissed if we drafted..."

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2007, 12:16 PM
I was seriously pissed when we drafted Whitner last year. Of course none of us knew any better then.

Which player that we draft at #12 would piss you off tremendously? Be realistic and don't say non 1st round guys like Michael Bush or something.

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2007, 12:16 PM
For me, it's any CB. Particularly Leon Hall.

Pride
04-27-2007, 12:18 PM
Any WR

Carlton Bailey
04-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Leon Hall, without question.

Two more...

Bad Bad Levi Brown

Al Branch

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 12:20 PM
For me, it's any CB. Particularly Leon Hall.
I actually agree with you 100% for once..

and I"ll add POS as well, UNLESS we trade down first then the extra pick will take some of the sting out.. though i dont think POS will ever be more than a decent complimentary player (plus he's white and apparently I hate all white LB's)

Michael82
04-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Leon Hall or any other Cornerback. I really like Youboty and think he'll be a good CB and I like the rest of the secondary, so I don't consider this as big a need as LB, RB, and WR.

jpdex12
04-27-2007, 12:21 PM
I was seriously pissed when we drafted Whitner last year. Of course none of us knew any better then.

Which player that we draft at #12 would piss you off tremendously? Be realistic and don't say non 1st round guys like Michael Bush or something.

Greg Olsen. I think we could use a TE but not until the the 3rd or 4th.

Saratoga Slim
04-27-2007, 12:29 PM
Any CB or Safety (except Laron Landry, if picking him means we move one of our current safeties to CB).

Any QB.

That's about it. Almost any other guy we might legitimately take I can live with. Wouldn't be psyched about Alan Branch or Greg Olsen, but I'd survive.

OpIv37
04-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Hall or Branch.

Any pick other than Willis if Willis is still on the board.

Poz at 12 (although I wouldn't mind him if we trade down).

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Some of you guys shouldnt even bother posting on this thread, because no matter WHO we pick at least a handful of people will turn it around and put the good ole' homer spin on it.. no matter what..

mayotm
04-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Some of you guys shouldnt even bother posting on this thread, because no matter WHO we pick at least a handful of people will turn it around and put the good ole' homer spin on it.. no matter what..And some will put a negative spin on it...no matter what.

The Answer
04-27-2007, 01:07 PM

Penn State Pos - and yes he's not a 1st round pick.

~The Answer

Ickybaluky
04-27-2007, 01:15 PM
and I"ll add POS as well, UNLESS we trade down first then the extra pick will take some of the sting out.. though i dont think POS will ever be more than a decent complimentary player (plus he's white and apparently I hate all white LB's)

You know what I don't get?

You love Willis, building him up like the next Ray Lewis or something. I like Willis as well, and understand why people think he is going to be a real good player.

Yet, a year ago, Posluszny was Willis. He won the Butkus Award as the best LB in college football (as Willis did this year), having such a great year that there was talk he was the greatest LB at Penn State since Jack Ham.

Pos hurts his knee in a bowl game and decides to return to school. His team switches scheme and he has to adapt to a new position, so he starts the year slow. He still has a very good year, but Willis has a great season and is rated higher by the draftniks.

What I don't get is why you are so anti-Pos but pro-Willis? I mean, I understand you liking Willis more, but is there really as big a difference between them as you think? If you look at Pos a year ago and Willis this year they are basically the same players, just one plays middle while one plays WS.

jamesiscool
04-27-2007, 01:17 PM
robert meachem AT 12.

i dont like how he didn't play up to his potential in college.

yea he has all the measurebales but i dont like his lack of ability to step up his game.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 01:19 PM
You know what I don't get?

You love Willis, building him up like the next Ray Lewis or something. I like Willis as well, and understand why people think he is going to be a real good player.

Yet, a year ago, Posluszny was Willis. He won the Butkus Award as the best LB in college football (as Willis did this year), having such a great year that there was talk he was the greatest LB at Penn State since Jack Ham.

Pos hurts his knee in a bowl game and decides to return to school. His team switches scheme and he has to adapt to a new position, so he starts the year slow. He still has a very good year, but Willis has a great season and is rated higher by the draftniks.

What I don't get is why you are so anti-Pos but pro-Willis? I mean, I understand you liking Willis more, but is there really as big a difference between them as you think? If you look at Pos a year ago and Willis this year they are basically the same players, just one plays middle while one plays WS.
I read an article too that said that if Poz came out for the draft last year, the Bills loved him and would have most likely taken him at #8.

Brandon
04-27-2007, 01:34 PM
1) Any CB. The thought of renting a CB for 5 years at the cost of yet another 1st round pick makes me want to vomit.
2) Practically any trade involving the Bills acquiring Michael Turner.

Mr. Miyagi
04-27-2007, 01:43 PM
2) Practically any trade involving the Bills acquiring Michael Turner.
You don't like Turner? Even for a 3rd?

Billsrock4life
04-27-2007, 01:56 PM
A Wide Reciever

kernowboy
04-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Marshawn Lynch - an over rated mummy boy warm weather RB. Horrible.

a CB, DT, DE, or WR .. a S or QB is unimaginable.

a OL and probably not a TE

It must be an LB. Willis, Beason, Timmons or Posluzny. Look to trade down for the latter 3, but do not trade down if we risk missing on them. If we have to take Posluzny at 12 to make sure that we don't trade down and miss out on any of them to the likes of the Rams, Panthers, Steelers and Giants then we basically reach a little to guarantee one of the top4 LBs. Willis is a little ahead, the other 3 are at the SAME level, all bring different yet strong attributes.

Anyone who doesn't think that Willis, Beason, Timmons AND Posluzny all carry a Round 1 grade, keeps their ears warm with their buttocks

HHURRICANE
04-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Gaines Adams and I'm not joking. This kid has bust written all over him and he's dumber than a box of rocks.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Gaines Adams and I'm not joking. This kid has bust written all over him and he's dumber than a box of rocks.
:shocked:

Ickybaluky
04-27-2007, 02:44 PM

You don't have to be smart to rush the QB. Guys like Lawrence Taylor and Bruce Smith weren't exactly Rhodes Scholars.

Heck, I remember reading a story about a team that drafted a DE from a small college and found out when he got to camp he was to dumb to read the playbook. They made him a special playbook with all pictures of their defense, outlining what he needed to do.

If you can rush the QB you don't need to be smart.

HHURRICANE
04-27-2007, 02:55 PM
You don't have to be smart to rush the QB. Guys like Lawrence Taylor and Bruce Smith weren't exactly Rhodes Scholars.

Heck, I remember reading a story about a team that drafted a DE from a small college and found out when he got to camp he was to dumb to read the playbook. They made him a special playbook with all pictures of their defense, outlining what he needed to do.

Obviously you haven't seen this kid in an interview. Bruce Smith and Lawrence Taylor look like road scholars and both had mean streaks. This kid is like a nicer version of Forrest Gump.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Mine is Jon Beason. That is one kid that should have stayed in school one more year. I don't want to draft someone that is going to have to need more time to develop.

TedMock
04-27-2007, 03:01 PM

Dexter Manley was completely illiterate.

Gunzlingr
04-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Tyler Palko

Night Train
04-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Kody Bliss - Punter - Auburn

I'd hate that pick.

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 03:22 PM
Some of you guys shouldnt even bother posting on this thread, because no matter WHO we pick at least a handful of people will turn it around and put the good ole' homer spin on it.. no matter what..

:roflmao:

GarnOFreak
04-27-2007, 05:17 PM
would hate:
Brady Quinn- really don't need a QB competition again two years in a row.

Alan Branch-don't want big fat DT with two broken legs

Quinn Pitcock-nor a Tim Anderson clone(aren't we actively shopping TA now?)

Brandon Merriwaether-really bad feeling of bust...Travares Tillman style, not just because of his past.

Lawrence Timmons-we need two starters at LB. Why draft a guy who isn't ready to step in and play now?

Brandon
04-27-2007, 08:33 PM
You don't like Turner? Even for a 3rd?

If only for a 3rd, sure. But the sticking point for me is the $5-6M/yr contract extension that he'll probably get. Not worth it, IMO, especially with Losman, Evans and others due for contract renewals in the next few years.

I'd much rather save the money and just draft a rookie with that 2nd or 3rd round pick. If he doesn't pan out, use the #1 at RB next year. Or, just use the #1 on Lynch and hopefully be done with it. Lynch may be more expensive on the basis of draft picks (or perhaps not, on the basis of what's being rumored today), but his rookie contract should be about half of what Turner will ultimately sign for. Additionally, he's four years younger than Turner, having just turned 21 last weekend.

Jersey1031
04-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Pos at 12

Dozerdog
04-27-2007, 08:39 PM

If you can rush the QB you don't need to be smart.Sounds like Dexter Manley from the Skins

SABURZFAN
04-27-2007, 09:17 PM

if it's good enough for marv,it's good enough for us.

don137
04-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Any player that is not a RB or LB. We need to address the run and stop the run..