HAHAHAHAHHA DREW BLEDSOE made espn's list...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesiscool
    suck it fool.
    • Feb 2007

HAHAHAHAHHA DREW BLEDSOE made espn's list...

Top 10 No. 1 Picks

Vote: Best No. 1 Pick ?
    We want to know what you think of our list. Take a look at the choices, cast your vote and compare your answer to the rest of SportsNation.
    Vote: Best No. 1 Pick?
    1. QB John Elway (1983) -- Colts
    Drafted by the Colts, then traded to the Broncos, Elway would go on to play 16 NFL seasons. He was selected to nine Pro Bowls, passing for 51,475 yards and 300 touchdowns. Elway won back-to-back Super Bowl titles in his last two seasons, and earned Super Bowl MVP honors in his final NFL game. Elway was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2004. 2. RB Earl Campbell (1978) -- Oilers
    While his career lasted only eight seasons, Earl Campbell's battering ram style made him one of the best running backs ever to play the game. Campbell won rushing titles in each of his first three seasons (1978-80), and was named NFL MVP in 1979. He rushed for 6,457 yards in his first four seasons (second all-time). Campbell was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1991.
    3. RB O.J. Simpson (1969) -- Bills
    Simpson made NFL history in 1973, when he became the first player to rush for 2,000 yards in a single season (2,003 in 14 games). He was named NFL MVP that season. Simpson would go on to win four rushing titles, running for 11,236 yards in 11 NFL seasons. Simpson was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1985.
    4. QB Terry Bradshaw (1970) -- Steelers
    Bradshaw led the Steelers to four Super Bowl titles in six seasons (1974, '75, '78 and '79), becoming one of just four players to win at least two Super Bowl MVP awards. Bradshaw threw for 27,989 yards and 212 touchdowns, and would also earn NFL MVP honors in 1978. Bradshaw was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1989.

The Colts made the right choice when they selected Peyton Manning.

5. QB Peyton Manning (1998) -- Colts
    Manning's first nine NFL seasons have put him on track to become the most prolific passer in NFL history. Manning has more wins (92), passing yards (37,586) and touchdown passes (275) than any quarterback in his first nine seasons. He set an NFL single-season record with 49 touchdown passes in 2004. He is a two-time NFL MVP (2003, '04), seven-time Pro Bowl selection and Super Bowl champion.
    6. QB Troy Aikman (1989) -- Cowboys
    Aikman led the Cowboys to three Super Bowl titles in four seasons (1992, '93 and '95). He was selected to the Pro Bowl six times and named MVP of Super Bowl XXVII. Aikman, who tossed 165 touchdown passes, was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2006.
    7. DE Bruce Smith (1985) -- Bills
    A key member of the Bills when they reached four straight Super Bowls in the early 1990s, Smith would go on to record 200 sacks (most since sacks became an official stat in 1982). He recorded at least 10 sacks in 13 of his 19 NFL seasons, and was selected to 11 Pro Bowls. He was also a two-time Defensive Player of the Year (1990, '96).
    8. T Ron Yary (1968) -- Vikings
    Yary played in 207 career games (199 with the Vikings), and started four Super Bowls (IV, VIII, IX and XI) for the Vikings in an eight-year span. He was selected to seven consecutive Pro Bowls (1971-'77) and named to the 1970s All-Decade Team at tackle. Yary was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2001.
    9. DE Lee Roy Selmon (1976) -- Buccaneers
    The first draft pick of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Selmon would go on to play nine seasons with Tampa Bay. He reached six Pro Bowls while becoming Tampa Bay's all-time leader with 78.5 sacks. Selmon was named Defensive Player of the Year in 1979. He was selected to 1980s All-Decade Team and inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1995.
    10. T Orlando Pace (1997) -- Rams
    The rock of the Rams' offensive line, Pace has been named to seven Pro Bowls in 10 NFL seasons and was part of the Rams' 1999 Super Bowl-winning team. Pace and Ron Yary are the only offensive linemen to be drafted No. 1 overall in the common draft era, and Pace should join Yary in the Hall of Fame.
    Honorable Mention
    QB Jim Plunkett (1971) -- Patriots
    RB Billy Sims (1980) -- Lions
    QB Drew Bledsoe (1993) -- Patriots
    DE Ed "Too Tall" Jones (1974) -- Cowboys
    WR Irving Fryar (1984) -- Patriots

what a bag of douche.

good to see bruce on there tho.
    Sec 241 row 12 seat 23
  • SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: HAHAHAHAHHA DREW BLEDSOE made espn's list...

Bledsoe had a decent career for an NFL Qb. Just because we soured on him doesnt mean he was horrible. If the NFL right now was like it was back in the 80s early 90s with big OLs he would be a HOF QB. But hes never welcome back to buffalo lol

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BillsIN05
      Bledsoe had a decent career for an NFL Qb. Just because we soured on him doesnt mean he was horrible. If the NFL right now was like it was back in the 80s early 90s with big OLs he would be a HOF QB. But hes never welcome back to buffalo lol
      Exactly he had a very productive career.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

No Chuck Bednarik or Paul Hornung? And a guy like Plunkett gets honorable mention?

Where's Bo Jackson?

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

No matter what you think of Bledsoe, he did help turn the Patriots around. The team was a wreck when he was drafted, and it was him and Parcells that brought the kind of legitimacy that started selling tickets.

The Patriots were only drawing 30K-40K fans a game before Parcells/Bledsoe, and they started selling out as soon as those two arrived. If not for them, the team would be in St. Louis.

He was a very good pick.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
            Where's Bo Jackson?
            Jackson never signed, playing baseball instead. That made him a dreadful first pick, no?

He re-entered the draft and was taken on a flyer in the 7th round by Oakland. That was a great pick.

As for Plunkett, he was a washout for the Pats, through no fault of his own (although they were able to get good players by trading him away). It wasn't until he was on his 3rd team that he fulfilled his potential.

Comment

• The King
              Without me it's just Awe so
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by NE39

He was a very good pick.
              especially considering Mirer was the other option
              I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
              "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
              You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
              It was all
              true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
              He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
              mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

Working...
              X