PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys....nice to see you all again...

WCoastFin
03-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Hi, nice to see you all again.....damn I was checking out the front page and it seems you threw a homecoming party for T.Spikes around here.....heck even we werent this excited about R.W......anyways congrats on the signing but I must tell you I think it was a mistake paying huge amount of dollars on one guy......And honestly you may be overrating him....the only reason he looked good was because someone had to tackle the ball carrier on Cincys Defense and it happened to be him over and over again, and then again look at the defensive roster who else was capable of doing that if not a LB???? I just dont think hes as good as you think....:lolpoint: In fact L.Fletcher put up better numbers than he did!!! Im telling you the only reason he stood out was because he was on the Bengals defense....Cya around.

Ebenezer
03-12-2003, 01:30 PM
Hey Toast...you want to explain the Dead-Fins cap hell situation??

lordofgun
03-12-2003, 01:30 PM
I wish I could reciprocate.

lordofgun
03-12-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Hey Toast...you want to explain the Dead-Fins cap hell situation??

Hey, be nice to WCF. It's obvious he's one of the smarter fish fans.

Pride
03-12-2003, 01:34 PM
Welcome back WcoastFin.... we missed you around here!

:duel:

casdhf
03-12-2003, 01:35 PM
Nice sig though, good to see all those rushing yards got your team into the playoffs.

Also, the bengals defense isn't that bad against the run, Spikes is a big part of that. But they have Brian Simmons, Justin Smith, Steve Foley and a few other descent players on their defense. Spikes simply outplays them all.

clumping platelets
03-12-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Hey, be nice to WCF. It's obvious he's one of the smarter fish fans.

:rofl:

That's not saying much!

:rofl:

The Spaz
03-12-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
Hi, nice to see you all again.....damn I was checking out the front page and it seems you threw a homecoming party for T.Spikes around here.....heck even we werent this excited about R.W......anyways congrats on the signing but I must tell you I think it was a mistake paying huge amount of dollars on one guy......And honestly you may be overrating him....the only reason he looked good was because someone had to tackle the ball carrier on Cincys Defense and it happened to be him over and over again, and then again look at the defensive roster who else was capable of doing that if not a LB???? I just dont think hes as good as you think....:lolpoint: In fact L.Fletcher put up better numbers than he did!!! Im telling you the only reason he stood out was because he was on the Bengals defense....Cya around.

So what does this mean when London Fletcher is playing next to Takeo Spikes. Bring Ricky Up the gut I don't think so! Go Bills!

Tatonka
03-12-2003, 01:48 PM
lol.. have fun with rodgers at wslb again this year.. he is a stud.. we had to get spikes, not because he was one of the consensus best free agents, but because rodgers was too busy taking a pay cut to stay on a team that cant win when it counts.. we wanted him bad though..

i would take rodgers over spikes anytime. and spikes is making less money than brooking, lewis ect.. so it is not like we overpaid.. we paid market value for a premier defender..

good luck gettnig barry gardener .. looks like nate wayne is gone already.. must be disappointing to look foward to signing backups only to have them sign with other teams

Tatonka
03-12-2003, 01:55 PM
yeah.. that is the best answer really..

tko wanted me to pass this along..

ricky, bring it.

WG
03-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Honestly, Spikes contract was for a lot less than I though it would take. I'm very happy w/ it and the way it's written, we can actually play him thru all 6 years if we need to w/o biting it too hard. That's unusual for contracts these days.

Bulldog
03-12-2003, 03:43 PM
Why is it that WCF can't stick around to defend his opinions?

Bulldog
03-12-2003, 03:46 PM
P.S. You better pray to god that you guys sign Brian Griese, because your offensive line combined with Takeo equals big trouble for Jay Fiedler.:chuckle:

Schobel94
03-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Ok ok let me use your logic. Everyone who plays on a poor defense cannot, by default, be a great player becuase even if they have good numbers it could be becuase everyone else sucks. Also, you base this assumption on.... what?? How many Bengals games have you watched? Have you ever seen him play? Also, Cincinatti's Defense is NOT their problem, it's their O. Their defense is not that bad (except secondary), they ahve very good linebackers and some decent linemen, and played reasonably well, mostly, up until this year. Take your flawed logic somewhere else.

justasportsfan
03-12-2003, 03:57 PM
Welcome back Wcoast. Where's this weeks ranking? Are the fins still top 5?

Bert102176
03-12-2003, 04:50 PM
I'll be nice to WCF, now where is my boot, get ready for the boot up the old hershiey high way. lol really though nothing personnal just I hate the dolphins.:fishfry: go :boom:

Bert102176
03-12-2003, 04:53 PM
nah it's good to see you back WCF

Michael82
03-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
Nice sig though, good to see all those rushing yards got your team into the playoffs.

Also, the bengals defense isn't that bad against the run, Spikes is a big part of that. But they have Brian Simmons, Justin Smith, Steve Foley and a few other descent players on their defense. Spikes simply outplays them all.

EXACTLY, cas! :up:

The Dolfelons had the #1 running back in the NFL and they didn't even make it to the playoffs. :evil:

:lol:

I totally agree with your assessment of the Bengals defense. Spikes outplayed everyone of them, but they are all pretty good too. Brian Simmons is a star player and Justin Smith will only get better. :up:

Tatonka
03-12-2003, 05:31 PM
we had the number 4 rusher and we didnt make it either :(

Ingtar33
03-12-2003, 06:08 PM
WCF,

hmmm lets looks at this rationally...

Last year's AFC East standings
Jets 9-7
Pats 9-7
Fins 9-7
Bills 8-8

This off-season to date
Jets will lose Coles and have 2 first round picks, gain Nutten
Pats gain Colvin, Atkins and Harrison and will lose T.Jones and have 2 first round picks
Fins have no first round pick... gain Thomson, lose Carter and Gadston
Bills gain Posey, Spikes, Campbell add a 1st rounder, and lose Price

Just from looking at this I'd say your AFCE predictions are as baseless as they are silly. More likely we're looking at (assuming no new signings or draft day picks)

Pats
Bills
Jets
Fins

TigerJ
03-12-2003, 09:35 PM
Welcome back, WCF. We love. . . . . . . to hate you.

casdhf
03-13-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33

Just from looking at this I'd say your AFCE predictions are as baseless as they are silly. More likely we're looking at (assuming no new signings or draft day picks)

Pats
Bills
Jets
Fins

I'll guess
Pats 10-6
Bills 9 - 7
Jets 9 - 7
Fins 8 - 8