PDA

View Full Version : Turner for next year's 1st?

Dicknoze69
04-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Clayton on ESPN just said that a team (he wasn't sure who) offered next year's first round pick for Turner. He speculated that it was either Green Bay, Buffalo or the Titans.

He also said that Turner will absolutely be traded before Sunday.

camelcowboy
04-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeah im the biggest turner supporter but i don't want to give up next years first

DraftBoy
04-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Wouldnt surprise me any, all those teams are thinking that having a 1200 yard back makes them a playoff team (25 or lower 1st round pick) and that takes them out of the good RB's from next year. So in essence it makes sense if you think your that close.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 02:12 PM
I know people dont want to hear it.

BUT VERY realistically, Buffalo could be picking in the Top 5-8 in the draft.

that's too much to give up for him and I am a HUGE Turner Supporter.

I'd give up a pair of seconds, but not next year's first.

HAMMER
04-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Mods please merge.

jpdex12
Please not our first!

patmoran2006
I can guarentee you it wasnt Buffalo.

If that report is true, I"ll put money on it being Green Bay

On a side note, Turner and Favre share same agent, right? Gus Cook

DraftBoy
Merged!

Dicknoze69
04-27-2007, 02:14 PM
I hate to agree with Pat, but he's right. There's a decent chance we could be awful next year. I'd hate to get Turner and then give up a top-10 pick next year.

I really don't think this is the Bills that he is talking about though. I could definitely see Green Bay trading next year's 1st for Turner and then going in a different direction in the draft, especially with Favre at the end of his career.

DraftBoy

While I agree its possible, Im going to withhold judgement till after Sunday. A good draft plus Turner could mean a good run for us next year.

billsburgh

even if they got Turner? that would be a pretty good offense that could control the ball and put up some points.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 02:15 PM
Damn, I was willing to do a 3rd rounder and a conditional pick that could be upgraded to a 1st in 2007 if he runs for 1500 yards, but a 1st rounder straight up is kinda scary.

evol4276
hell no. no first whatsoever for him im sorry

Slim
Next years RB class is stacked. Id rather have one of them. McFadden,Slayton,Rice...

jamesiscool
04-27-2007, 02:17 PM
it's GB it has to be.

DraftBoy
04-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Next years RB class is stacked. Id rather have one of them. McFadden,Slayton,Rice...

McFadden-May not leave
Slayton-Not going to be a good NFL RB
Rice-Solid 2nd-3rd Round RB

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 02:19 PM
even if they got Turner? that would be a pretty good offense that could control the ball and put up some points.
I love Turner... and I'm all about having an explosive offense as I think its the oNLY chance we have of contending THIS year.

Our defense was poor last year and right now its worse. NOt only did we lose 2 of our best three defenders (not even counting spikes) but we have the same exact DL that was horrible at stopping the run.

Rookies take a couple of years to develop, especially defensively and ESPECIALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY at linebacker.

We could have the very worst defense in the NFL in 2007, even with a couple of high defensive picks. NOw, that SAME unit could be in the top half of the league in 1-2 years later, but not this year.. TOO YOUNG, too small up front and WAYYY to little experience.

Ed
04-27-2007, 02:20 PM
My guess would be Tennessee since their GM said that they're close enough in contract numbers that they could make a trade. I believe Turners agent said he hasn't really discussed numbers with anyone else.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 02:22 PM
who knows for sure.. but i'd almost be willing to bet its Green Bay. It could be Tennessee too.

Its NOT Buffalo though.. I'll lay some serious odds on that.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 02:23 PM
BTW if its true.. SD is HIGH if they dont take it..

JJamezz
04-27-2007, 02:24 PM
If its true, which considering the source, I highly doubt.. I think its Tenn too.

Slim
McFadden-May not leave
Slayton-Not going to be a good NFL RB
Rice-Solid 2nd-3rd Round RB

Why wont Slaton be good?

Dicknoze69
This kind of a deal makes absolute zero sense for the Bills. For the other teams, I could see it (especially for GB).

shelby
04-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Ok, now drink!

DraftBoy
04-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Why wont Slaton be good?

Doenst have good NFL size, extreme durability concerns, very gimmicky RB, vision isnt there, blocking sucks, bad hands out of backfield

He could improve but he has no need to in the WVU offense

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Doenst have good NFL size, extreme durability concerns, very gimmicky RB, vision isnt there, blocking sucks, bad hands out of backfield

He could improve but he has no need to in the WVU offense
you may hang yourself if we give up a first rounder for next year in 2007..

the draft is your MOJO!

kernowboy
04-27-2007, 02:29 PM
2008 could be the best RB class ever. At least 6 have more talent than Turner. A big No.

Draft Leonard as a RB instead

patmoran2006
IF true..

We can say nite nite to Turner too now (along with Willis already today)

Either SD will make the trade (which I bet wasnt from us). or they want more.. and we aint giving them more...

Dr. Lecter
Our defense was poor last year and right now its worse. NOt only did we lose 2 of our best three defenders (not even counting spikes) but we have the same exact DL that was horrible at stopping the run.

They had the 10th best scoring defense.

It was not as bad as the "official" rankings made them look.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Actually, the more I think about it....it could be us. Think of it this way...we get Michael Turner at RB! Plus we still have the 12th overall pick for LB, a 2nd rounder for WR, CB, or LB, and 2 3rd rounders. If we really believe that we can fill all our holes in this draft, and the first rounder next year would help us hold onto our current picks....it makes sense!

Sportsuser101
04-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Actually, the more I think about it....it could be us. Think of it this way...we get Michael Turner at RB! Plus we still have the 12th overall pick for LB, a 2nd rounder for WR, CB, or LB, and 2 3rd rounders. If we really believe that we can fill all our holes in this draft, and the first rounder next year would help us hold onto our current picks....it makes sense!

Do you really think Turner is worthy of a potential top 10 pick? I mean he's a good player but come on. McGahee went for a 3rd round pick and he's a proven back. Turner has proven that he can get the job done when he's thrown into the fire but hasn't proven to be an every down back. So you want us to trade a potential top 10 pick for Turner and all the money he is going to get?

Michael82
04-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Do you really think Turner is worthy of a potential top 10 pick? I mean he's a good player but come on. McGahee went for a 3rd round pick and he's a proven back. Turner has proven that he can get the job done when he's thrown into the fire but hasn't proven to be an every down back. So you want us to trade a potential top 10 pick for Turner and all the money he is going to get?
it won't be top 10 pick. That's why I wouldn't mind it. If Turner comes here, the Bills draft Willis OR Beason at 12. Then Rice or one of the other big receivers are there at our 2nd round pick. We can then grab one of the best available CBs and I am very comfortable.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Besides, don't they always say that a 1st round next year is like a 2nd round this year?

TedMock
04-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Do you know what would really make this all better? One more pick this year. I wouldn't be thrilled about sending next year's first to San Diego for Turner, but I could certainly be much happier about it if we're also able to trade down tomorrow.

A first, two 2nd's and two 3rd's would be HUGE especially if we didn't have to draft a RB. LB, CB, WR, TE and OG all addressed by the end of round three. Just keep your fingers crossed.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 02:50 PM
Do you know what would really make this all better? One more pick this year. I wouldn't be thrilled about sending next year's first to San Diego for Turner, but I could certainly be much happier about it if we're also able to trade down tomorrow.

A first, two 2nd's and two 3rd's would be HUGE especially if we didn't have to draft a RB. LB, CB, WR, TE and OG all addressed by the end of round three. Just keep your fingers crossed.
Good point!

madness
04-27-2007, 02:53 PM
If we get Turner and have a nice defensive draft, there's no way next year is a top ten pick. Just no way.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 02:57 PM
If we get Turner and have a nice defensive draft, there's no way next year is a top ten pick. Just no way.
EXACTLY!!!

HHURRICANE
04-27-2007, 03:04 PM
It's Tennessee. I actually believe that Buffalo isn't that stupid.

L.A. Playa
04-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Turner has only proven he can be effective against teams in a blowout or as a change of pace back for LT he hasnt proven it everydown like the poster says.

I dont know why people ar so in love with Turner he is no more proven than any back in the first 3 rounds of the draft and he will cost alot more.

Turner to Buffalo will be a disapointment remeber also SD has a better Oline than the Bills have and he comes in once the Defense has been worn down by LT

Turner is worth no more than a 3rd and maybe a late rd pick you would be better off waiting for him to be a FA than give up anything more for him

jdbillsfan
04-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Turner has only proven he can be effective against teams in a blowout or as a change of pace back for LT he hasnt proven it everydown like the poster says.

I dont know why people ar so in love with Turner he is no more proven than any back in the first 3 rounds of the draft and he will cost alot more.

Turner to Buffalo will be a disapointment remeber also SD has a better Oline than the Bills have and he comes in once the Defense has been worn down by LT

Turner is worth no more than a 3rd and maybe a late rd pick you would be better off waiting for him to be a FA than give up anything more for him

Seems like NFL GM's disagree with you since teams have already offered a 2nd for him and now possibly a first.

L.A. Playa
04-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Seems like NFL GM's disagree with you since teams have already offered a 2nd for him and now possibly a first.

if they really have why hasnt he been traded ???

HHURRICANE
04-27-2007, 03:21 PM
it won't be top 10 pick. That's why I wouldn't mind it. If Turner comes here, the Bills draft Willis OR Beason at 12. Then Rice or one of the other big receivers are there at our 2nd round pick. We can then grab one of the best available CBs and I am very comfortable.

I agree with your logic Mikey.

However, had we just kept McGahee we wouldn't be scrambling to find his replacement by giving away next year's first for a backup that got drafted in the 5th round.

madness
04-27-2007, 03:23 PM
However, had we just kept McGahee

:puke:

jdbillsfan
04-27-2007, 03:25 PM
if they really have why hasnt he been traded ???

They wanted more than a 2nd. I believe the offer of a 1st is new.

acehole
04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
We need to look at it another way...we got a 2 thirds for Mgahee if we gave them one of those thirds this year we lost nothing...stay with me. If we draft M Lynch some of you will be jumping for joy....but in exchange for him we have to give up a #1 right? M Turner will have 900 - 1200 yards next year. Putting us lower then 8.....especially if we draft a defensive stud with our #1 this year. So take your pick.. A 1rst round RB and a second round LB this year or A first round RB a first round LB and a second round wr/de/dt/cb...and we give up? A third rounder? I guess all of this is depending on where you think Turner would go if he were in this draft. If you think he is a 5th rounder..or right behind M Lynch. I think he would go about the 19th pick to Tenny....and that is where we would pick next year...if we have our entire draft picks (-Ravens third) + Turner. This would be a no brainer for this fan. I would offer this years Ravens pick and next years #1...absolutly.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-27-2007, 04:09 PM
According to the report, an unidentified team has offered the Chargers a first-round pick in the 2008 draft, and San Diego is willing to accept the deal.
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070427/SPORTS01/70427053/1027

Michael82
04-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Not again! Can you please do me a favor and look at other threads on the first page before posting a thread? :ill:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-27-2007, 04:20 PM
Not again! Can you please do me a favor and look at other threads on the first page before posting a thread? :ill:

:sorry: I have the link for the new thread in my AOL favorite places.