Sorry, but without AP or Willis our 1st rounder isn't that special.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Sorry, but without AP or Willis our 1st rounder isn't that special.

I was really hoping for a star to fall to us at #12. Someone who would help sell tickets and could have a major impact on us. We lost solid starters in Fletcher and McGahee. I was hoping to get one of those holes filled with an upgrade.

Poz, Beason, etc. are not at the same level as Patrick Willis and you are kidding yourself otherwise.

The only player left that I could see myself getting jazzed about would be Lynch and I'm still pretty afraid that he's a Willis McGahee clone. But he can catch the ball out of the backfield so maybe that's something.

Overall, I think our first pick will not be worth the #12 spot when we take them.
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: Sorry, but without AP or Willis our 1st rounder isn't that special.

Could you please say something positive. I don't care what it is, just say one, just one thing positive. Please. Nobody can be that negative all the time.

Comment

• gil
      • Mar 2005

I think you're wrong on a bit of that - maybe to us freaks who hang out on a Bills message board all day it will be a disappointment to not get one of "marquee" guys, but to the average fan coupled with the local media and Bills own promotions, they can blow our 1st rounder up into the 2nd coming of Cornelius Bennett or Thurman or whatever.

In any case, I don't think I've ever looked forward to a draft being over more than I have this one.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

You cry A LOT.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
          Could you please say something positive. I don't care what it is, just say one, just one thing positive. Please. Nobody can be that negative all the time.
          Your a positive person!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

the mods have told me to stop oiling the squeaky wheels. Sorry I tried, but they win. Might as well bring back ICE back. He's no different.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
              • May 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              Your a positive person!!!
              Thank you, I just wanted to hear something positive from you.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                • Aug 2005

Agreed Hurricane
                SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Thank you, I just wanted to hear something positive from you.

I'm really not trying to be negative at all. However we did lose 4 well known players and I was hoping to get a stud in here and generate some excitement.

We may very well get a good player in here at #12. But Willis, Okoye, or Peterson are players that you can get pretty excited about.

I'm not sure that the Poz or Hall jersey is going to be that big a seller.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
                    • Aug 2005

He is dead on with this. We will all know that we got a solid player, but the average Bills fan wont give two shi*s if we pick Jon Beason or POS or Hall. The Bills do need to generate some excitement similar to what the Cards did with the Leinart pick last year. I can Peterson doing the same for us.
                    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• dasaybz
                      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      I was really hoping for a star to fall to us at #12. Someone who would help sell tickets and could have a major impact on us. We lost solid starters in Fletcher and McGahee. I was hoping to get one of those holes filled with an upgrade.

Poz, Beason, etc. are not at the same level as Patrick Willis and you are kidding yourself otherwise.

The only player left that I could see myself getting jazzed about would be Lynch and I'm still pretty afraid that he's a Willis McGahee clone. But he can catch the ball out of the backfield so maybe that's something.

Overall, I think our first pick will not be worth the #12 spot when we take them.
                      I don't think we'll know if the player we draft is a star or not until he actually plays some games.

Over the years of following this team, I have really been able to not get too excited about draft picks. So what if the Bills draft a bigger name player? We don't have a crystal ball and we don't know for sure if Willis is going to be a better pro than Beason or Poz.

I'll be more pissed off if the Bills don't address holes. IF they finish this draft and they haven't drafted a RB of LB, I'll be fuming.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

I'm no fan of Kiper but if his rumor of Michigan MLB David Harris being our top pick comes true, I'd hardly be upset. I saw him play often and know he's the best run stopping LB in the Draft. He's just not the athlete Willis is but he's hardly stiff. Can cover in short areas.

Of course, the hounds would howl for days, screaming about value and other snappy terms they've read on Mock draft boards. Whatever.

I'm open to multiple players and not polarized by specific players being hyped to death.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• tat2dmike77
                          Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
                          • Dec 2005

It amazes me on how many "experts" are on this board.

The season is not made on draft day. Yeah it helps but big name players in college does not mean thier going to tear it up in the nfl. Look back at the draft and all the "can't miss' draft picks.

So if your tired of the bills. If your sick of the way this team is being run. If your tired of not signing big names then hey go root for anthor team. All these "fans" just annoy me that spew gloom and doom before the season even starts. I'm realistic do i think the bills will be a playoff contender highly doubt it. Ya never know though things happen during the season. Yes every year i say the bills are gonna win it all. But that is the fan in me and wishfull thinking. Call it being a homer call it whatever i call it being a fan. I wouldn't consider myself much of a fan if all i did was spew the bills suck the season is over if they don't draft willis.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tat2dmike77
                            It amazes me on how many "experts" are on this board.

The season is not made on draft day. Yeah it helps but big name players in college does not mean thier going to tear it up in the nfl. Look back at the draft and all the "can't miss' draft picks.

So if your tired of the bills. If your sick of the way this team is being run. If your tired of not signing big names then hey go root for anthor team. All these "fans" just annoy me that spew gloom and doom before the season even starts. I'm realistic do i think the bills will be a playoff contender highly doubt it. Ya never know though things happen during the season. Yes every year i say the bills are gonna win it all. But that is the fan in me and wishfull thinking. Call it being a homer call it whatever i call it being a fan. I wouldn't consider myself much of a fan if all i did was spew the bills suck the season is over if they don't draft willis.

I get called a homer because I'd rather see results on the field.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                              • Sep 2003

Maybe you should wait until, I dunno, AFTER the draft to be disappointed?
                              "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

Working...
                              X