• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Schefter: Detriot locked in to take CJ, if available

From Adam Schefter of NFL.com:

The Detroit Lions organization met Friday and concluded that, unless a blockbuster trade offer comes their way, they will draft Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

Many will deduce that this decision is a matter of posturing, but the organization insisted it wasn't. Nor did it sound like it. Detroit has decided that if Oakland goes with LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, as many expect, it has no choice but to draft the next best player on its board, Johnson.

Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz was one of the key cogs in the decision, getting the rest of the organization excited about the way he would use Johnson. It should be enough to scare other teams in the NFC North.

But the Lions made it very clear Friday night that their past failures at wide receiver will not deter them from revisiting the position.
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: Schefter: Detriot locked in to take CJ, if available

I hope they take CJ and TB takes Adams and they trade. Thats the only way we can hope that AP falls past ARI at 5. And we might be able to trade down for him.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

detroit takes big name WR's EVERY year.

I don't know why they would release this info so early, although I doubt anyone would trade up to #1 for Johnson cuz it would cost too much.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• camelcowboy
        • Mar 2005

Trying to drum up the price for the number two pick. Some more posturing probally trying to get the extra picks out of the falcons or bucs

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Matt Millen, prepare for mutiny from the Lions' tortured fans. I don't care how good CJ is. They've already spent three firsts on WRs this decade.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

CJ aint like none of the other WR's they've taken.. He's so far above the rest of this draft its not even funny.

WR debacle in the past or not, they HAVE to take him.. Cj and Roy Williams makes for a pretty sick tandem. And its not like they dont have the rest of the draft to address other needs (and they have a lot)

They'd be ******ed to leave him on the board, and I wouldnt trade him either unless some team blew me away.. Franchise players dont grow on trees.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• camelcowboy
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              CJ aint like none of the other WR's they've taken.. He's so far above the rest of this draft its not even funny.

WR debacle in the past or not, they HAVE to take him.. Cj and Roy Williams makes for a pretty sick tandem. And its not like they dont have the rest of the draft to address other needs (and they have a lot)

They'd be ******ed to leave him on the board, and I wouldnt trade him either unless some team blew me away.. Franchise players dont grow on trees.
              I agree he is the clear number 1 player on almost every teams board they would be stupid in my opinion not to take him. I don't see Detriots fans going nuts if they draft him. But i would love to trade a 4th rounder for Mike Williams

Comment

Working...
              X