PDA

View Full Version : Mayock says Bills take...

JJamezz
04-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Leon Hall... said they'd also look at Pos, but its too early to take him at 12

I guess the Whitner pick was a fluke.. I just don't see us going CB that early.

camelcowboy
04-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Maycock is now on my crap list, no better the kiper

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 05:47 PM
He better be F'n wrong this time...

Other than EE (in his own world anyway) I haven't seen a single Hall at 12 supporter on this entire board.

That's a stupid pick, and about as bad it gets.. I'd rather take POS at 12, and the thought of that makes me sick too

Michael82
04-27-2007, 05:49 PM
OMG! Mike Mayock is a ****ing moron! I hope he doesn't know what he's talking about this year. :puke:

Carlton Bailey
04-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooo.

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 05:50 PM
:roflmao: at the responses.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 05:52 PM
How does taking Leon Hall make this football team ANY better than it was at the end of last year?

I thought the draft was about IMPROVING your team, not replacing solid vets that leave with rookies..

Draft a guy at a spot that was weak last year that will make that unit STRONGER.. Dont throw a rookie in at CB in a cover two defense after you draftd Youboty AND resigned Kiwi.. that's stupid.

Im not saying CB is meaningless and shouldnt be addressed at some point in this draft- but Leon Hall at #12 is assinine.

BTW- I dont care how impressive his workouts are.. He is Ted GInn and Dwayne Jarrett's ***** after last season's games.

Carlton Bailey
04-27-2007, 05:52 PM

I'm not normally a whiner, but I just really dislike Hall. Revis, fine. Hall, no.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm not normally a whiner, but I just really dislike Hall. Revis, fine. Hall, no.
Exactly. I wouldn't get too pissed about Revis, but Hall is NOT the kind of CB that we need. :ill: :mad:

SquishDaFish
04-27-2007, 05:54 PM
So I take it he has Willis going to SF

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 05:55 PM
If we're taking a cornerback at 12, I dont even know why we bother trying to play a cover two defense anymore.. That's just dumb, dumb, dumb..

We may as well go back to Jerry Gray's defense with constant blitzing and relying on cover corners to play a lot of man to man.

Cover Two = A TON of zone coverages, and on a team with Coy Wire and A-TRain as the current starters, you're going to draft a freekin CORNERBACK with the 12th pick as your PRIMARY player?? No way, Jose.

I dont care how spot on Mayock was with us last year.. Marv has got to be smarter than that.

Bling
04-27-2007, 05:56 PM
All my ZB's say that the mood will change if Hall is drafted... all of a sudden he'll become a Marv guy, a future Pro Bowl, and not a bad pick.

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 05:56 PM
What is funny about the responses?
Typical of you.. People talk about the DRAFT selection, while you talk about the PEOPLE talking about the draft selection.. what a shocker.

RedEyE
04-27-2007, 05:57 PM
I have said it most of the season. The Bills generally do what makes the least amount of sense each year in the draft. For this reason alone, I can see the Bills taking a CB in the first round.

!Papacrunk!
04-27-2007, 05:57 PM
MAYOCK IS ON

CRACK..........

patmoran2006
04-27-2007, 05:58 PM
All my ZB's say that the mood will change if Hall is drafted... all of a sudden he'll become a Marv guy, a future Pro Bowl, and not a bad pick.
ABsolutely no doubt about that..

Leon Hall SUCKS as the first pick for the Buffalo Bills in this defense.

I cant believe Im saying this (gag) but Im ALMOST starting to hope we take POS now at #12.. I hate them both, but POS is a MUCH more sensible pick at least.

Kelly The Dog
04-27-2007, 06:00 PM
He also said he had a lot of confidence in his picks last year but has no confidence in them this year because there are too many variables. He also said that his first round mock goes right out the window if his first pick is wrong, and he's going against the grain and saying the Raiders are taking Calvin Johnson and not Russell. He also didnt include any trades in his mock, which would throw it completely off its track.

!Papacrunk!
04-27-2007, 06:03 PM
and I almost forgot the other common response:

LINK?

feelthepain
04-27-2007, 06:06 PM
So I take it he has Willis going to SF

Yep!!

1. Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech[/b
2. Detroit - [B]Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson
3. Cleveland - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU
4. Tampa Bay - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin
5. Arizona - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma
6. Washington - LaRon Landry, S, LSU
7. Minnesota - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
8. Atlanta - Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas
9. Miami - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame
10. Houston - Levi Brown, T, Penn State
11. San Francisco - Patrick Willis, LB, Ole Miss
12. Buffalo - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
13. St. Louis - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska
14. Carolina - Jon Beason, LB, Miami (FL)
15. Pittsburgh - Lawrence Timmons, LB, FSU
16. Green Bay - Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville
17. Jacksonville - Anthony Spencer, LB, Purdue
18. Cincinnati - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan
19. Tennessee - Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee
20. New York Giants - Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU
21. Denver - Joe Staley, T, Central Michigan
22. Dallas - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal
23. Kansas City - Ted Ginn, Jr, WR, Ohio State
24. New England - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida
25. New York Jets - David Harris, LB, Michigan
26. Philadelphia - Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami (FL)
27. New Orleans - Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
28. New England - Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas
29. Baltimore - Ben Grubbs, G, Auburn
30. San Diego - Michael Griffin, S, Texas
31. Chicago - Greg Olsen, TE, Miami (FL)
32. Indianapolis - Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee

Michael82
04-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Wow...Lynch falling past the Packers? :shocked:

Okoye falling out of the top 10? Quinn going to Miami? That draft is loaded with surprised and looks pretty lousy. :ill:

JJamezz
04-27-2007, 06:09 PM
The good news is Mayock keeps saying over and over again that last year he was confident with his picks, but this year he really has no idea how its gonna play out.

feelthepain
04-27-2007, 06:14 PM
The good news is Mayock keeps saying over and over again that last year he was confident with his picks, but this year he really has no idea how its gonna play out.

Yeah, it's a crap shoot at best!

Tatonka
04-27-2007, 06:17 PM
i think cornerback is the ONLY pick that would cause me to be disappointed.

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 06:21 PM
What is funny about the responses?
Typical of you.. People talk about the DRAFT selection, while you talk about the PEOPLE talking about the draft selection.. what a shocker.

Oh don't be so sensitive, Nancy. I am laughing because I am not gonna go on a panic mode beause of what Mayoc says. As much as I like him better than Kiper he doesn't have the final say. Go have some prozac will you?

Bling
04-27-2007, 06:23 PM

That really was a pretty bad mock, but I really could see the Bills drafting Leon Hall. I also expect Brady Quinn to make the fall (as far as Miami though, IDK), not Adrian Peterson. I think Peterson is the more sure thing, and most of the coaches are on the hot seat. Nobody is confident enough in Quinn's abilities to risk it.

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 06:24 PM
as do I but I'm not gonna lose any sleep over what Mayock says. If indeed we draft a cb I'm not gonna cry over it as well til I see the results on the field just like the Whitner pick. So far, Marv hasn't screwed up the draft , until he does let's just say I'd give them the benefit of the doubt that they've done their homework .

Bling
04-27-2007, 06:25 PM
Oh don't be so sensitive, Nancy. I am laughing because I am not gonna go on a panic mode beause of what Mayoc says. As much as I like him better than Kiper he doesn't have the final say. Go have some prozac will you?

I trust patmoran's opinion only second to DraftBoy. If he thinks Leon Hall is a bad move, so do I.

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 06:28 PM
I trust patmoran's opinion only second to DraftBoy. If he thinks Leon Hall is a bad move, so do I.
good for you.

Lone Stranger
04-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Let's be practical everybody. The draft doesn't seem to be falling our way. We may be stuck with a questionable 1st round selection; however, I am concerned about what we do later.

It makes sense to trade down but I doubt there are any takers.

feelthepain
04-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Let's be practical everybody. The draft doesn't seem to be falling our way. We may be stuck with a questionable 1st round selection; however, I am concerned about what we do later.

It makes sense to trade down but I doubt there are any takers.

How can you say that? Everything at this point is just speculation!

justasportsfan
04-27-2007, 08:22 PM
How can you say that? Everything at this point is just speculation!
with that said, you're no longer the worst poster on my list. :up:

BillsFever21
04-27-2007, 08:23 PM
He better be F'n wrong this time...

Other than EE (in his own world anyway) I haven't seen a single Hall at 12 supporter on this entire board.

That's a stupid pick, and about as bad it gets.. I'd rather take POS at 12, and the thought of that makes me sick too

There wasn't any supporters for Whitner at #8 last year either.

Last year everyone said Mayock was on crack and was laughing just like they are now. I'm not saying Hall will be our pick but this is thread sounds just like the thread last year the day before the draft.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 08:26 PM
There wasn't any supporters for Whitner at #8 last year either.

Last year everyone said Mayock was on crack and was laughing just like they are now. I'm not saying Hall will be our pick but this is thread sounds just like the thread last year the day before the draft.
Oh God, I want to vomit now. :puke:

dolphan117
04-27-2007, 08:39 PM
I think some people are forgetting that last year when everyone and his brother had an awful mock Mayock nailed it, including of coarse Whitner to you guys when no one else was saying it. The dude was flat out plugged in..... If there is significant differences between his mock and others I would be more inclined to wonder if he knows something others don't than question his drug habits.

Edit-Nailed it BillsFever

Ickybaluky
04-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Nolan Nawrocki of PFW (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/mock042707.htm) has the Bills taking Hall as well at #12.

Nawrocki actually had the best mock draft last year (most picks right/slotted right) for the first round, ahead of Mayock.

* — Indicates player is junior-eligible.

1. Oakland Raiders — QB JaMarcus Russell, LSU*
Al does it his way.
2. Detroit Lions — DE Gaines Adams, Clemson
Defense wins championships.
3. Cleveland Browns — QB Brady Quinn, Notre Dame
Browns get lucky that Oakland makes mistake.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — WR Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech*
Bucs hold tight and win big.
5. Arizona Cardinals — OT Joe Thomas, Wisconsin
Improved offensive line makes Edgerrin James much better.
6. Washington Redskins — S LaRon Landry, LSU
Could have the NFL's top safety tandem.
7. Minnesota Vikings — RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma*
Ultimately, Vikes could be Daft Day winners.
8. Atlanta Falcons — DT Amobi Okoye, Louisville
College coaches know their own best.
9. Miami Dolphins — OT Levi Brown, Penn State
Football games are won in the trenches.
10. Houston Texans — CB Darrelle Revis, Pittsburgh*
Prime candidate to trade down, with Broncos prepared to swoop in and steal Willis.
11. San Francisco 49ers — LB Patrick Willis, Mississippi
Could become instantly competitive on defense.
12. Buffalo Bills — CB Leon Hall, Michigan
Fills pressing need.
13. St. Louis Rams — DL Adam Carriker, Nebraska
Can help inside or outside.
14. Carolina Panthers — DE Jamaal Anderson, Arkansas*
Will take the best player approach.
15. Pittsburgh Steelers — LB Lawrence Timmons, Florida State*
Versatility fits 4-3 or 3-4 fronts.
16. Green Bay Packers — RB Marshawn Lynch, California*
Vernand Morency is not the answer.
17. Jacksonville Jaguars — S Michael Griffin, Texas
Must get better on the back end.
18. Cincinnati Bengals — DT Alan Branch, Michigan*
Bengals could get lucky.
19. Tennessee Titans — WR Robert Meachem, Tennessee*
Vince Young has no one to throw to.
20. New York Giants — WR Ted Ginn Jr., Ohio State*
Giants have long loved speed and need it, having dealt Tim Carter.
21. Denver Broncos — OT Joe Staley, Central Michigan
Protecting Jay Cutler is important.
22. Dallas Cowboys — WR Dwayne Bowe, LSU
WR corps needs infusion of youth.
23. Kansas City Chiefs — DT Justin Harrell, Tennessee
Poor history drafting D-linemen forces their hand again.
24. New England Patriots — LB Jon Beason, Miami (Fla.)*
Can step in and play from Day One.
25. New York Jets — TE Greg Olsen, Miami (Fla.)*
Gives Jets much-needed speed down the field.
26. Philadelphia Eagles — CB Chris Houston, Arkansas*
Need to think about the future.
27. New Orleans Saints — CB Aaron Ross, Texas
Don't be surprised if first round's third quarterback fits here.
28. New England Patriots — S Brandon Meriweather, Miami (Fla.)
Too much value to pass.
29. Baltimore Ravens — DE Jarvis Moss, Florida*
Classic fit for Ravens and great value.
30. San Diego Chargers — S Reggie Nelson, Florida*
A.J. Smith will take a chance on Nelson's instincts.
31. Chicago Bears — OG Ben Grubbs, Auburn
Offensive line gets a boost.
32. Indianapolis Colts — LB Paul Posluszny, Penn State
Fills a big need with a very safe pick.

L.A. Playa
04-27-2007, 08:49 PM
whats funny is Mayock knew all a few hours ago LOL

Bling
04-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Nolan Nawrocki of PFW (http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2007/mock042707.htm) has the Bills taking Hall as well at #12.

Nawrocki actually had the best mock draft last year (most picks right/slotted right) for the first round, ahead of Mayock.

LOL @ what I can already hear it now...

"Marv yet again does it big. Great pick with Leon Hall, he's a stud. It's not about value, and it's certainly not about needs. It's all about getting high character guys."

The Spaz
04-27-2007, 08:57 PM
I guess no all hail to the god Mayock...:lol:

Jeff1220
04-27-2007, 09:00 PM
LOL @ what I can already hear it now...

"Marv yet again does it big. Great pick with Leon Hall, he's a stud. It's not about value, and it's certainly not about needs. It's all about getting high character guys."

I can honestly say that this is my least favorite scenario in the mocks I've seen, mostly due to the needs elsewhere being more dire, but I won't freak, just like I didn't last year. The only thing I can say is that, if picked, Hall or anyone else better play like the #12 pick sooner rather than later. If he does, he's a stud. If not :mad:

Throne Logic
04-27-2007, 09:04 PM

These would be the four picks after Buffalo if things play out as Mayock is guessing. I'd be happier with any of these guys over Hall or Poz.

Michael82
04-27-2007, 09:06 PM

That's just great. So we will end the first round and head into the 2nd round still with a huge hole at LB, RB, and WR. Nice! :ill:

Michael82
04-27-2007, 09:07 PM

These would be the four picks after Buffalo if things play out as Mayock is guessing. I'd be happier with any of these guys over Hall or Poz.
If we take Hall over Beason, I'm going to flip out!!! :mad: :curse:

don137
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
I can honestly say that this is my least favorite scenario in the mocks I've seen, mostly due to the needs elsewhere being more dire, but I won't freak, just like I didn't last year. The only thing I can say is that, if picked, Hall or anyone else better play like the #12 pick sooner rather than later. If he does, he's a stud. If not :mad:

I agree...I think many are upset because they respect Mayock so muh after last year. I would be very pissed if they went DB with the first pick. It is a need but who the heck is going to run the ball and who is going to stop the run? Thomas is nothing more than a change of pace back and we need some linebackers to stop the run.
The only way this pick would make sense if the Bills are the team rumored to give the Chargers next year's first round pick for Turner and they go DB in the first and linebacker in the second round while getting there RB in the process. If the Bills do not address the run and stopping the run early in the draft they could be in for a long season

Michael82
04-27-2007, 09:27 PM
I agree...I think many are upset because they respect Mayock so muh after last year. I would be very pissed if they went DB with the first pick. It is a need but who the heck is going to run the ball and who is going to stop the run? Thomas is nothing more than a change of pace back and we need some linebackers to stop the run.
The only way this pick would make sense if the Bills are the team rumored to give the Chargers next year's first round pick for Turner and they go DB in the first and linebacker in the second round while getting there RB in the process. If the Bills do not address the run and stopping the run early in the draft they could be in for a long season
Good point. If we are the ones trading next year's pick for Turner...this draft does make a bit more sense.

Bling
04-27-2007, 09:28 PM

That's the only way a CB would make sense.